Meaning of life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlhappy

War Child
Just wanted to hear from you--what are your most precious things,including peoples:wink: What is your motivation in life?
What are the things you like to do?What makes you happy?

I think you should make things better than they were when you got there.
Never do something for the sole purpose of injuring someone (emotional or physical, but probably more emotional). <--- That being said, understand that often times doing the right thing will require people getting hurt. It's up to them to come around and see the "why" of the situation.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but I guess that's a sum up of my driving philosophies.
See both sides of the situation; remain balanced.
Never let one thing so totally consume you that you can identify with nothing else (like a hardcore republican or democrat that will always go with the party, regardless of how wrong it is.)
Corny alert: With love you can pretty much get through anything.

My children make me happy.
Despite what im currently going through with my youngest (17), i find being a mother very satisfying.
I love when i can relieve the pain in someones body through massage and touch.
I love seeing Ron pull up in the driveway when im washing dishes.
I love listening to my 19 year old son, who is autistic, talk...
when he was a baby, doctors told me to put him in a home for disabled children.
I love my hammock and i love dancing.
I love watching my friends come into my house and grab food or a beer from the fridge...
i love that they feel so comfortable here.
I love watching The Joshua Tree perform.
They are magical.
I wish to make more money (not be rich) so that i dont have to struggle.
I wish that my kids stay healthy forever.
I want to lose 20 lbs and have better teeth.
I want to die at age 89 in my sleep.

I think thats it.

There are so many things in my life that make me happy....

My husband and my boys
My dog
My home
art
nature
animals
sunsets
when the leaves change
the beach
music
where I live
that my kids would always be happy and healthy
my nieces and nephew
my good friends

what would really make me extatic would be to loose 25 lbs.

what makes me happy:

daisy. hearing her play guitar and/or bass. she's amazing. her understanding of certain things, people. her love of life. she is fearless where i am not. she is my motivation to keep going.

my family. they will ALWAYS be there. no matter what.

my friends. we carry each other.

u2, jt, vs, 80z. nuff said.

watching the sun set at the beach.

road trips.

those things make me happy.

Well, what makes me happy?

I guess it would be

My Family
Friends
Music
Good food
Autumn
Holidays
Good stories
Having someone trust you and vis versa
& The girl I'm on love with

What's the meaning of life? To me it's raising a good family with strong moral values and faith in God. And being happy. :)

Hey there girlhappy! Interesting question :hmm:

For the meaning of life...I can't speak for everyone, but I think I know why I am here. I'm supposed to help some people in my life believe in themselves and encourage them to follow their dreams. I haven't found more meaning anywhere else than my work, and that's exactly what I do for my students.

As for what makes me happy:
moments of synchronicity i refer to as "God winks"
the people in my life who believe in me and support me
and this guy
Photo12.jpg

What makes me happy:

Sports
U2
my family, especially my little nephews and baby niece

To me, the meaning of life is love:

Falling in love
Being in love
Being with people you love.

I wish I can one day fall in love. But I don't see it happening because I can't believe that anybody will ever fall in love with me. I don't want to be alone, but I have to accept the fact that I will be alone for the rest of my life.

This little guy. My one and a half year old beauty (and tyrant) of a son. Being a single Daddy's tough, but my son has blessed with with the happiest times of my life.

Cyrus.jpg

I am glad that no-one said that her/his job is more important than people. I like that :cute:
I also can understand Life sucks opinion,as well as into the heart of the child happiness and music.
I would add dancing. That makes me happy.
Being in love. Falling in love....well, i forgot about this one:|

joerags said:

To me, the meaning of life is love:

Falling in love
Being in love
Being with people you love.

I wish I can one day fall in love. But I don't see it happening because I can't believe that anybody will ever fall in love with me. I don't want to be alone, but I have to accept the fact that I will be alone for the rest of my life.

If you believe the meaning of life is love, and you also believe that you'll never have love, are you saying your life has no meaning? Because I disagree. I know that feeling that you'll always be alone, trust me. It creeps up on me all too often. But nothing is for certain. Futhermore, I think it's unfair to think life has a meaning that you'll never have. If you truly believe you'll never have love, then perhaps for you, the meaning of life is different. I think it's different for different people. It's some combination of what makes you happy and what helps those around you. I think it's all about the people you meet... the people who affect you, and the people you affect...

for me life is trying to fill that god-shaped hole. that's how it is for a lot of people, I think. trying to find your missing piece, whatever it may be.

what makes me happy? music. friends. family.

AtomicBono said:

If you believe the meaning of life is love, and you also believe that you'll never have love, are you saying your life has no meaning? Because I disagree. I know that feeling that you'll always be alone, trust me. It creeps up on me all too often. But nothing is for certain. Futhermore, I think it's unfair to think life has a meaning that you'll never have. If you truly believe you'll never have love, then perhaps for you, the meaning of life is different. I think it's different for different people. It's some combination of what makes you happy and what helps those around you. I think it's all about the people you meet... the people who affect you, and the people you affect...

for me life is trying to fill that god-shaped hole. that's how it is for a lot of people, I think. trying to find your missing piece, whatever it may be.

:yes: :applaud:

StlElevation said:
i like money personally

I like my pockets fat
and my weed green
and my liquor brown
and my hens clean
with they panties down
and a beat that keep my yeagas bouncin, bouncin, bouncin, bouncin

AtomicBono said:

I like my pockets fat
and my weed green
and my liquor brown
and my hens clean
with they panties down
and a beat that keep my yeagas bouncin, bouncin, bouncin, bouncin

Sooo... what exactly are you trying to say here?

That you are a money hungry, alcoholic stoner with an infatuation for barn animals that wear ladies underthings?
wtf is a yeaga...
and why do dey bounce bounce, bounce?

night_and_day66 said:

Sooo... what exactly are you trying to say here?

That you are a money hungry, alcoholic stoner with an infatuation for barn animals that wear ladies underthings?
wtf is a yeaga...
and why do dey bounce bounce, bounce?

nappy roots my friend

AtomicBono said:

Interesting answer. What exactly do you mean by:" I think it's unfair to think life has a meaning that you'll never have."
I dont believe in "there is somebody for everybody myth".
So, am i misssing meaning of life if i never ever knew how does it feel to be loved? Please dont answer.:wink:

girlhappy said:

Interesting answer. What exactly do you mean by:" I think it's unfair to think life has a meaning that you'll never have."
I dont believe in "there is somebody for everybody myth".
So, am i misssing meaning of life if i never ever knew how does it feel to be loved? Please dont answer.:wink:

no, I'm saying that if you feel the meaning of life is to be loved but you also don't think you'll ever be loved, then maybe the meaning of life, for you at least, isn't to be loved. therefore, you're not missing the meaning of life.

I think it's different for different people. I don't know if there's one universal answer.

night_and_day66 said:
My children make me happy.
Despite what im currently going through with my youngest (17), i find being a mother very satisfying. . . . I love listening to my 19 year old son . . . .

A little bit off subject, but . . . OMG! Ok, not to be rude b/c I know this is a taboo subject, but . . . how old are you!?!?

When I met you at BAW's birthday party I thought you were like 25, 26, 27 . . . somewhere around there! How can you be 25 with a 19 year old son???!!!

Damn, girl! You look good! I NEVER would have guessed you had two children in their late teens.

:applaud: Good job on the aging beautfully!

FitzChivalry said:

A little bit off subject, but . . . OMG! Ok, not to be rude b/c I know this is a taboo subject, but . . . how old are you!?!?

When I met you at BAW's birthday party I thought you were like 25, 26, 27 . . . somewhere around there! How can you be 25 with a 19 year old son???!!!

Damn, girl! You look good! I NEVER would have guessed you had two children in their late teens.

:applaud: Good job on the aging beautfully!

Oh, man..you made my day.
Thank you.
I also have a 22 and 1/2 year old daughter.
I will be 40 on Dec. 22nd.
Here is a pic, she is so beautiful.
Oh, yea...add about 20 lbs to me now.

kill10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom