Male or female company?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
just wondering, if you wish to answer, do you prefer male or female company (either altogether, or one a lot more than other?)

maybe with the few or loads of mates you have, you maybe be female with a fella as a best friend or vice versa? or female who has more male pals than, or again, vice versa? or female pals, etc, etc. :crack:

I have a feeling I may have asked something like this ages ago - :shifty::shifty::shifty: but cannot find it on Search, LOL! :lol:

for me, I have had few female mates (and I do enjoy it), but I prefer to hang with a male or males, esp if we all have a good rapport going! :up: I am slightly tomboyish but would definately still be very much girl, hell Im pretty shy and giggly! but yes, moi prefers males. :wave:

just through the fact that for the last few years the majority of my classes and stuff have been so heavily female dominated (and i'm talking high school and UNI) i've ended up closer to girls than guys.

the handful of male friends i do have i'm very close to, but it's pretty female dominated.

whether i prefer the company of one over the other, it doesn't matter to me. i rate it more on the quality of friend and interests and the fact that neither sex amongst my friends irritate the shit out of me.

i can't even make a decision based on casual friends rather than really good friends, because it ends up a wash there as well.

it's also probably telling that the only person i really want to spend much time with now is a woman, but you know.

I used to be in an exclusively female friendship group, and far preferred things that way, but things have changed lately and I'd say it's pretty male dominated. I don't think there's been any discernible change - we're neither very stereotypical girls nor stereotypical boys - except for, perhaps, and increase in the amount of sports we seem to play when we're together :lol:

That's a pretty decent question that I won't be able to answer well. I probably have more female friends than male, but my best friend is a gay guy (where does that count?). I spent most of my time out today with a guy friend rather than ladies, too - but that's not exactly indicative of every day.

In short, I'd say it's probably a pretty equal amount these days, although were I a few years younger I'd say male.

my best friend is a gay guy (where does that count?).

A man's a man :shrug:

My two best friends are guys, but I prefer the company of women because I've always had difficulties opening up to people and women seem to be able to break through my defenses easier.

Also, they have boobs :up:

I have quite a few female friends who i enjoy spending time with, but i seem to have a lot more male friends. I seem to have more fun with them, they can be a little crazy at times but they are as funny as hell. Plus they are very protective. My best friends though are a gay guy and a girl, and when we get together things get a little crazy :lol:

I have more close guy friends than girl friends. But a few of the past friendships I've had with girls have probably been the most memorable and satisfying. I don't know. I enjoy the company of everyone. This is a hard question. What do you want from me?!? :scream:

Depends really, I prefer a mix more often than not, of guys and girls, like when we're chillen at uni, makes it more fun. My two best mates are guys, generally I hang out with them more often, but I'm a bit like GAF there in that the last few friendships I've had with girls have been memorable and satisfying, very fun to hang around and flirt with, etc

I prefer to maintain a small amount of very close/loyal friendships and I prefer the company of those people. I work with all guys and I prefer this work environment - no drama, everything at face value. Besides my husband my best friends are all girlfriends.

My best friends are both guys and girls. I like to have a mixture because they are days that I want to do girl things like go to the mall and shop and I can do that with my girlfriends. They are days that I want to stay home and watch the game and it is easier to do that with my guy friends because my girlfriends don't like sports that much.

my best friends have always been guys... last time I had a really close girl friend I fell in love with her boyfriend :lol: oops.

I just get along better with guys. They're more laid-back and (usually) not as much into the drama crap. Not saying all girls are, just the ones I tend to encounter. i do have some girl friends, but the vast majority are guys

besides, guys are cute :D

i've loads of male and female friends, but i think the majority of my closest friends are female. i get along great with both, i really don't have a preference. mostly because i think both sexes can bring about the drama, and both can relax and have fun. yes, some guys can bring drama too. who knew.

and, i agree with atomicbono, guys are cute :)

I have more female friends than male, but I much prefer the company of guys. In my various groups of friends, I always feel more comfortable and like myself when I'm with the guys. :shrug: Girls are fun to hang out with in small doses, but all that estrogen gets to be a little bit too much for me after a while. :lol:

I have lots of male and female friends. I fart, belch and drink like a guy and have dirty humour and a big mouth, but I can still be a girly girl who likes shopping and watch romantic movies.
I hang around with both my girl and guy friends, but when I want to talk about my problems, I prefer to talk about them with my girlfriends.
When I go out with my guy friends they always see me as one of the guys.

It depends on the situation.
But I mostly have more male friends.

Bar+chips&salsa+game on the plasma=good times

Its only great with the guys when there is 3 + of us, we all feed of each other. But i'd much rather spend every moment with my best mate ( who is a girl ) who drinks just as much as i do which is a total bonus.

People dont get my friendship with this girl, they just dont get how a guy and a girl can be friends. Her boyfriend isnt happy with our arrangements :lol:

:heart: Dani

For the most part my friend's are all guys. Past bad experiences have made me leery of of friendships with girls. Have been extremely fortunate though to develop very close friendships with some female friends :). Guys are just so easy to hang out with and they are cute :wink: Im best friends with my husband,have been for almost 11 years,and with a guy from high school for 14 years now. Nice to just sit back and forgo all of the drama with them! lol.

am i the only one who has experienced drama that was brought on by guyfriends? :yikes:

i did have a friend who stopped being my friend for like a month because I had talked to someone he hated, which seemed pretty petty to me

but for the most part I haven't really had drama with guy friends

...unless I make out with them :shifty: :reject:

I want to change my answer. I like hanging out as couples. Male and female, but eveyrone's paired off so there's no reading between the lines or drama about who likes who.

Nice thread! :)

I don't have that many female friends, probably because I'm not girly at all.. from the top of my head I can think of about four or so. I have WAY more male friends. My best friend is a guy...

At least you can have a normal conversation with a guy, rather than have a brain killing conversation about fashion or shoes or make up.

Hanging out with couples is fun :up:

Interestingly I've never really enjoyed that, whether I was single or not. I find a lot of couples to be overbearing and they have a tendency to launch into stories that only the two of them know about, as if the rest of us actually give a damn.

Back
Top Bottom