Love is a many splendored thing,love lifts us up where we belong,all you need is love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I think my boyfriend is FAR more into me already than I am into him. O wait, this started like THE DAY WE MET. :shifty: I consider him to be my best friend and Jesus Bacon knows I love him. But but but but

How do you know if you're in love with someone or not?

And don't tell me "YOU JUST KNOW" bc that won't cut it :mad:

I seem to be very free, which is weird, and this is my first relationship. I feel like I'm the man sometimes :|

You just know.

:p

In all seriousness, do you mean that he feels like you two should be together more and you feel smothered, or that you're fine doing things by yourself or with other friends and he's not okay with that?

I think feeling free in a relationship is good, though. :shrug:

Well, not the kind of free like in "open" relationships. :eek: :no:

Well...if you're questioning it...that's not a good sign.

You need to step back and re-evaluate what you see in him and decide what kind of a relationship you enjoy having with him.

It sounds like you care about him very much and probably do love him but that maybe you dont feel that heart-fluttering feeling when you are with him or think of him.

I'll tell you ... you know you're in love when

You cant stop thinking about them
You miss them every second you're away from them
You look in their eyes and you know you're feeling the exact same thing they're feeling
You dont see yourself with anyone else.. ever

You do just feel it.. if you dont feel it and you think of him as more of a best friend, well.. :slant:

You'll know it by an intense hormonal rush...

..err...

...you just know. ;)

Melon

I was just thinking of Moulin Rouge and then I saw your name

I dont know when your in love with someone cus ive never been in love :shrug:

You know you're really in love when he does something a little stupid or something that makes him seem vulnerable and small, yet you still feel a rush of the heart when you see him.

And, well, you do really just know.

pretty much what everyone said. :shrug: love is hard to define really, and the answer 'you just know' is very legitimate. if he annoys you and you don't want to spend a lot of your free time with him, then you probably aren't in love. I dunno.
imagine yourself without him and see how your heart reacts.

Without trying to repeat the many statements above, I would say you are in love when you have a committment/willingness for sacrifice for this person (and sense he has the same committment/willingess for sacrifice for you).

This is something you can only discover over time.

I've known my wife for almost 18 years - I am more in love with her today than ever.

yeah love is hard to define. it is something you feel. questioning it is not good but it doesn't mean it is bad. if you find that he is the only person to come into your life to make you feel as happy as you are now, i would say you are in love. if you find that you cannot imagine your life before or after without him, i would say you are in love. if you find yourself putting him first in your life before other things yeah i would say you are in love. he makes you feel safe when you are around him, your heart skips a beat everytime you see him or talk to him i would say you are in love. you will know when it happends. just don't fight it and run from it. it is a great thing. good luck. :)

Curse you all! :scream:

:p heehe

I actually CAN'T even fathom being in a relationship with anyone else. o_O Like...it's be weird to share that much with someone else. It seems like this is the pinnacle, and I couldn't imagine meeting someone who would be a BETTER...everything. He wants to be a rock star and I can see him doing that perfectly and he would be a perfect father and husband and and and

:huh:

:reject: :eek: :shifty: hmmm

Well for what it's worth, at the most inappopriate times it HITS me how much I really care for him. And I CRY like a moron. Like good cry.

Argh... you guys are making me depressed.... I don't think I'm ever gonna find this thing called love as everyone described above. :(

:reject:

Mona...
I think you do love him....
The thing where someone said :"Picture yourself without him"
Good thing....where would you be without him? In a dark place? Or happier place?
I think you already answered your own question...
I know lots of peeps that had the same feelings as you....where one half of the couple was more "needy" (I hate that word though). I also know many people in a position like yours temporarily took a "break" from the relationship to see what it was like without that person. I'm not recommending this at all. But it is an idea to consider.
:hug:

nbcrusader said:
Without trying to repeat the many statements above, I would say you are in love when you have a committment/willingness for sacrifice for this person (and sense he has the same committment/willingess for sacrifice for you).

This is something you can only discover over time.

I've known my wife for almost 18 years - I am more in love with her today than ever.

It is so wonderful, those different stages of love.

18 years is a very long time. Congratulations.

mmmBono said:
I also know many people in a position like yours temporarily took a "break" from the relationship to see what it was like without that person. I'm not recommending this at all. But it is an idea to consider.
:hug:

We kind of did that bc I was freaking out about us and at the beginning of winter break he was out of state for like two weeks. And I got to missing him even though before I was really like :mad: :huh: and was trying to convince myself I wouldn't.

:ohmy: :eek:

So there ya go...
You had a lil' taste of what it was like "without him"....
Mona...for all intents and purposes...you've answered your own question:D
I've been with the same guy for now 16 years...since I was 15:uhoh: and I've been there too....that doubting thing...I've even felt stifled here and there. But most of that occurred during the first half of this relationship....I've no doubts now. We even spent 2 years apart (distance wise..not relationship wise) and I think that helped. That gave me a perspective of what life would be like without him everyday.
We're engaged now. Now if only I can get the fucknut to marry me already.:p:wave:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i had it once and lost it. now i am partying in the singleton thread and trying to make the best of being single until i find it again.

but it is fun being single sheesh :rolleyes:

:wave:

mmmBono said:
So there ya go...
You had a lil' taste of what it was like "without him"....
Mona...for all intents and purposes...you've answered your own question:D
I've been with the same guy for now 16 years...since I was 15:uhoh: and I've been there too....that doubting thing...I've even felt stifled here and there. But most of that occurred during the first half of this relationship....I've no doubts now. We even spent 2 years apart (distance wise..not relationship wise) and I think that helped. That gave me a perspective of what life would be like without him everyday.
We're engaged now. Now if only I can get the fucknut to marry me already.:p:wave:

:ohmy: wow that's awesome

I feel like a nerd now :der:

Mona = :der:

Back
Top Bottom