Looking for inner peace...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
I'm having some personal troubles these days and I'm under a lot of stress from the graduation and all the "get a job" stuff... I'm not sleeping well (i'm having some nightmares), my body hurts and I'm always tired... I cry a lot and i feel that my entire being is full of fear and guilt; I feel that my soul is sick (and my body is getting sick) and I can't get any peace, whatever I do.

I have friends... but i don't talk to them about my problems... even less with my parents... I can't express what's happening to me cuz i'm affraid of being judged. I'm so scared about so many things and I'm feeling it in my mind and in my body...

I've never made yoga or meditation or that stuff... I live full of scaring thoughts everyday and I can't stop and relax for a second. A weird angst is taking me and I don't know what to do to face it and get some relief.

:hug:

I remember what a scary time graduation and everything was for me, too. I was moving away from home and going to a completely different city, etc. It definitely can mess you up emotionally and physically. You're not alone.

I'll keep you in my prayers. :hug:Muggsy:hug:

Hey, I've been there. Not exatly "graduation" yet, but similar thoughts.

If you want to talk, use this thread or anything else, and I'm sure a lot of people will listen with open hearts. Not that we use our hearts to listen, but, well, you know what I mean.

anyhow.....

I really know about having an aching soul, and not being sure about things. For me, the best thing was really finding out what my vaules were, and what I want out of life. Just taking some personal time, weeks, months for me it was, and figuriing out some core things about who you are.

I've always felt that the more you know about yourself, the more you can know and understand about the world around you, and I really think that's a good way to "being happy"

But like I said, don't be afraid to open up here. I do it plenty.

Especially, and this is a guess, but if it's about deeper stuff, I really like to talk about that, because I think about those kinds of things a lot. I can't say I have answers, because really, answers to most things, especially deep things, come from within. But at least I'm slightly familiar with that territory.

There's a time to think, but you can overthink, like I've done alot.
So don't be afraid to distract yourself with (hopefeully some positive) activities.

But you can't avoid things...

I hope that helps a little, but the more you write, the more we can talk, or perhaps, the more we can listen.

Maybe you just need to write everything out and let it be known. That's been a good strategy for me from time to time.

So, you do what you need to do, and us here will try to do what we can, too.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to write.

Last edited:
I've done a lot of searching for inner peace.

It's a worthy, lengthy, but in essence..... the ultimate of quests

(whoops, sorry, this post was supposed to be an edit for the one above, but, I can't seem to figure out how to delete posts, so.... forgive the double post, please)

Last edited:
I can sympathize, I'm going through the same thing with graduation and all. I've been wondering what is going to happen to me after highschool. I've realized how little I know of everything and such little things can bring so much stress. Alot of times I just want to walk off and leave it all behind.

For Honor is right. Taking some time off for yourself can really help ease some of the stress. And if you need to vent, you can do it right here, we'll listen :hug:

Yeah, you should vent.

I feel like I abuse that option myself, and I don't want to hog the spotlight.
You'd be doing me a favor :)

So yeah, there are plenty of people hear to listen. But I really find that just writing it out helps a lot. And having other people sort of interact with that, it's nice.

Back
Top Bottom