Life Is More Peaceful When You Aren't Nice To People

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Or so I would think, after today.

Example #1:

I was leaving the bookstore, and I held open the door for a white lady walking in. A black lady was approaching, but she was probably a good 30 feet away yet, so I started walking to my car. She yelled, "Sure, hold open the door for a WHITE girl!" I was shocked and annoyed. I just kept walking because I figured no matter what I said, it wouldn't make a difference.

Example #2:

I saw a guy's car off to the side of the road, and I could see that his tire was screwed up. I pulled over and asked him if he'd like to use my cell phone. He said, "I don't need a fucking phone, I need a fucking tire!" I said I was sorry and left.

Example #3:

I knew that the right lane was closed ahead, and I could see that traffic was backed up a long ways. At four different intervals, I slowed down to let a car go in front of me. Each time I did, the guy behind me laid on the horn. When he made his way around me, I was greeted with the finger.

In conclusion, had I minded my own business and not cared about anybody around me, I would have had nothing negative happen to me today.

That's disheartening. :|

aww... :hug:
there are days when all people is :mad:

Bonochick said:

Example #1:

I was leaving the bookstore, and I held open the door for a white lady walking in. A black lady was approaching, but she was probably a good 30 feet away yet, so I started walking to my car. She yelled, "Sure, hold open the door for a WHITE girl!" I was shocked and annoyed. I just kept walking because I figured no matter what I said, it wouldn't make a difference.

I don't understand why there's such a big deal about race... :tsk:

Last edited:
That's all in one day? Yikes! :tsk:

Well, just think...what goes around, comes around, and you've at least got some good coming where none of those people do.

I always let people in front of me in traffic jams, too...you're not moving that much anyway, and there's no where else for them to go, might as well make it a little less stressful for someone!

What a day you had BC; honestly, I deal with so many types of people in my business that I'm proud to say that I don't see "color" in anyone "anymore".

But when read stories like that, I feel like kicking someone right in the butt! You were right not say anything but there's no harm in thinking it....:heart: BC

Your other Ric'.

Bonochick said:

Example #1:

:tsk: And you don't even live in the South where it's much worse. I'm sorry, I know I'm going to get called "racist" for saying this, but so many black people especially older ones are so freaking paranoid everyone is doing or not doing something because they're 'black' I'm afraid to move. But I will tell you, if I see a black person coming 50 feet away I will continue to hold the door because I KNOW they're going to say or think that. Oh sure not all but enough to make it a problem. It's got to the point where if a white person pisses me off, I'll say something. If it's a black person, I ignore it because they will only say it's because they're black. Didn't anybody ever consider it's because it's YOU and what you did, and would be the same no matter who did it, and it has nothing to do with color? But sadly it is not that way some people see it.

One day I was coming out of the grocery store and stopped to use my cell phone, since someone had called me inside but the signal faded out because of the metal roof. I was just standing on the sidewalk about 5 feet from the door when all of a sudden this black lady comes up behind me and rudely yells "EXCUSE ME!" I was stunned. There was plenty of room to go aroud me on either side, why did I have to move? I asked her to please go around me, and she said "What do you think this is, 1904?" I got out of the way, but her attitude really threw me for a loss.

I am sorry about all your experiences. People suck. No particular color, now, just people as a collective, in general.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Life Is More Peaceful When You Aren't Nice To People

About the car thing, I think it makes a difference if the person is stuck and can't get over, or if they saw the sign 'LANE ENDS 500FT PLEASE MERGE' way back and sped up into the closed lane on purpose to try to cut in front of people who are in line. Every time one of these people is let over, it forces the good, mannerly people who have been waiting to wait a little longer. I have seen people who just zoomed up be let in, causing those of us who have been waiting for ages to sit longer. Every time I see somebody let the pushy person in, I'm just as mad at them as I am at the pushy one. But I won't flip anyone off. But I bet that's why the guy got so mad, he'd been the victim of the 'asshole lane' people too many times. You are nice and want to help out, but some people don't deserve it. Some don't appreciate it. But anyway I'm sorry for your day.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Life Is More Peaceful When You Aren't Nice To People

BluberryPoptart said:
About the car thing, I think it makes a difference if the person is stuck and can't get over, or if they saw the sign 'LANE ENDS 500FT PLEASE MERGE' way back and sped up into the closed lane on purpose to try to cut in front of people who are in line.

That wasn't the case though. There was a car in the lane ahead that was dead and blocking the lane. I knew that because I had been on that stretch of road earlier...but unless you had been there within the last half hour, you wouldn't have had any way of knowing that the lane was blocked.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Life Is More Peaceful When You Aren't Nice To People

Bonochick said:

That wasn't the case though. There was a car in the lane ahead that was dead and blocking the lane. I knew that because I had been on that stretch of road earlier...but unless you had been there within the last half hour, you wouldn't have had any way of knowing that the lane was blocked.

Oh, that's awful. If somebody is honestly stuck because of something like that, they have to depend on nice people to let them over. Think about how happy you made that person and forget about the jerk:down:

:hug: BC

Don't stop holding doors open for strangers, asking people if they need help and letting vehicles merge into traffic. Everytime someone does that for me, I say thank you and it reminds me that there are still really nice people out there.

This world needs more people like you

BC - It's people like you that make life still worth living! You keep on being the good person that you are. If people don't appreciate it, or feel the need to draw the race card, or whatever, YOU are the one who is mature, and comes out of the situation smellin' like a rose.

My fave comeback as of late - I have noticed that people don't always know how to say "Thank You" if you hold a door open for them. I always say "YOU'RE WELCOME" with such a cheery lilt. Drives them mad, it does hehehheh :p

Back
Top Bottom