Let's talk about the neighbors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Well why not? Some of them might be talking about us right now! I am really sick of my neighbors, especially the snotty, frumpy teenage girl who lives next door and won't stop throwing garbage in my yard and cutting pieces off my bushes. I have honestly never done anything to her personally. See, she used to be friends with the lady across the street, and they fell out, and now me and that lady are good friends so she sees me going into her house and assumes we are talking rude about her. Well, we weren't but we are now because she's acting like a bitch! WHY of all places in the world is she here? :scream:

I'm also fed up with two guys who are ALWAYS around and outside, they must never go to work anymore. One is middle aged and scrawny, and the other one is about 40 with a mullet and short cutoff jean shorts and no shirt- he's actually quite hot, but both of them bug me because you can't even come outside or get anything out of the car without being stared at! I don't mean in a dirty way, just a nosey way. I just don't like feeling like I'm on display- if I were famous, the money would make it worth it, but I'm not, so it isn't! I call the one guy His Omnipresence because he's always around. I tell you, if he's not there, he will drive up within 5 minutes, no joke. Either he or the other one will constantly be in the yard, literally, if one drives off one direction I swear the other one comes down the street the other way! They're driving me insane! But not as bad as that girl!

I also have an old, I mean elderly man who makes sexually explicit comments at me and assumes I want to come to his house for those purposes. I used to borrow tools and stuff off him but now I don't because I'm afraid of what he wants in return (yes he has grabbed my butt and boobs before!) I don't want to be rude, but I just don't want to deal with him! Argh!

I really wish I lived far, far away where no one could see me.

Do you love all your neighbors? If there is one that bugs ya, go ahead and vent. Maybe we need a thread for this!

an annoying man who lives below me plays the bongos all the time. it drives me crazy. i want to shove the bongos in an uncomfortable place. the woman upstairs once flooded part of my hallway with her bath or something. it almost made me blargh.

Our elderly neighbour frequently butchers our hedge at the back of our yard, which is far enough away from his property that he has to make an obvious attempt to reach and chop at it... and as if that werent enough, he lies about it, and leaves all the mangled bits between the hedge and the fence, which of course all turns brown, and then somebody has to rip it all out... theres no real perpose for it either, he just gets out his little tools and chops away at it for no good reason... hes had 2 heart attacks, hes 85, there is no way in hell he should be trying to do yard work... He is very nice and all, but he just does crazy mindless things every now and again...

Dont even get me started on the busybody next door who is ALWAYS in some way shape or form renovating his house.... hell... they just put in an above ground pool... about a foot away from our fence... which is illegal... but he never follows regulations, always just shoots from the hip, builds what he damn well pleases... He bought the property from his dad, who is a well-off civil lawyer type, and so his dad doesnt really give a shit, he doesnt give a shit, but its not even worth complaining about because the last time we questioned him about some of his little projects, we received a court order mandating that our 68 ford mustang - which was slightly rusted but sitting in the driveway - be removed under the abandoned vehicle something something blah blah blah... so we had to clear out the garage and push that puppy in, to save it from a wrecking-yard grave... But oh, my, god.... He is the WORST father I have ever seen, his kids throw sticks at each other, hit each other, swear at each other, at my dog, throw things over the fence at my dog, ignore their mother completely, when he was redoing their roof they climbed up the ladder and were marching around up there with him... and theyre ~4 or 5... But you know that if anything happens theyll blame everyone but themselves! They sit on their asses with their kids outside playing with the neighbours kids, who are in fact supervised to some degree, but theyre running back and forth across driveways, out onto the road, its lunacy, I am suprised they arent dead yet, I honestly am...

We live in a detached house oh thank goodness for them and the sapce between us and next door is a big distance...on one side its a house with a mum and her 20 y.o daughter and a little girl of 11- they live higher up than us cus we live on a steep hill and they can see right into my bedroom one day i fell asleep and i woke up and all her little friends were singing pop songs and waved to me and asked cud they come into my room- they were sweet little things but i was mortified cus id been snoring my head off and they were all peeping in........but what annoys me is they have these 2 yappie little dogs- and they are vicous i mean when i leave the house i have to run down the street and avoid them- my best friend who lives 2 doors away says he wants to smother himself with meat this summer and when they come close boot them but im not in for animal cruelty but they yap all day and all night

and then the people on the other side (they are moving soon tho ) they have a yappie little dog but the most adorable kitten. :)

the tyrant in our street lives just accross the street and up a wee bit....this boy is a MONSTER!!! He lets bangers and fireworks explode all year and attacks the dogs next door- he had the cheek to shout at my dad and he was 14 at the time- id never shout at MY dad and im nearly 18! He has such a cheek!!! He isnt afriad of anyone or anything and at about 3 in the morning walks up and down the street with a hurling stick which just spells trouble- he looks like EMINEM and the kid frightens me.

I'm sorry about your hedge foxifire, I don't know if that old man is crazy or just being hateful like the girl next door to me. My plants are all on my property too and she also leaves the pieces, along with her food wrappers and soda bottles and crap. I wish there was some way to stop them!

Speaking of bad kids and parents who don't care, I used to have a terrible problem a few years ago when my dog was still alive. He was a retriever and a good watchdog who barked whenever anyone came, so when someone walked too close to the fence, he'd have a fit! Well they would sit there and antagonize him, and tell me if he bit them they were suing. I would find anything from wooden poles to full food cans that had been thrown at him. IF THEY WOULD JUST NOT MESS WITH MY YARD AND MY CRAP HE WOULDN"T BOTHER THEM!! Yeesh! He died of a mysterious, incurable glandular cancer and I wondered if someone might have given him some kind of chemical or something.:(

I have also had kids vandalize my shed, even going inside it to break things, and when I told the parents, they denied it and said I was making it up to be mean and the kid never left the house even though I caught them in the act and was right behind them as they ran home! I know some kids have always been bad all through time, but I think what makes it worse now is that too many parents don't care, or think it's funny, or lie to avoid having to pay for broken stuff. :mad:

The neighbors from hell are across from us, about 50 feet away, but almost every night, around 11:30 pm - 1:30 am, the lady starts screaming, moaning and breathing super loud!!!! Kind of like Meg Ryan in "when Harry met Sally" but 100 times louder!!!
The first time I heard her I almost called 911, I thought for sure someone was trying to kill her.
But that's not all, they have their bedroom window open while they're at it and have some funky lights going on, not that I was spying cause I'm not, i wouldn't want to see anything.:no:
And they have a son who is 10 or 11 years old, I don't know how that child gets any sleep or the little old lady who lives next door to them.:ohmy:
I told my husband that one of this days I'm just gonna go over to their window and tell them to use a gag.

Great thread and very timely too!

The house directly across the street from me....The girl that lives there goes away to college every year and moves back home every summer. She bought a new car three summers ago and for some strange reason, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT between 8:00 and 8:30, her alarm goes off...horn honking and headlights flashing. I knew she had moved back home 2 weeks ago because like clockwork...8:15 came around and HONK, HONK, HONK, HONK.

WTF is up with that????

This is the third summer in a row! It wouldn't be so bad but my office window looks right over toward her house and I like to work in the evening after it cools off but she doesn't even bother to disarm it anymore, she just lets it go until it resets.
:eyebrow:

Second story...my office is upstairs and faces the street. I have a neighbor in his 60's who likes to excercise. He goes out for a morning run and comes back to stretch...on the sidewalk outside my window...in loose running shorts. He lays on his back on the sidewalk to stretch his hamstrings and I don't need to tell you what kind of show he's putting on for the neighbors. He also does crunches and toe touches but that just looks funny and isn't obscene. :lol:

Final story...my neighbor next door works from an office in his garage. He is a very, very strange man who doesn't like to be bothered and if you knock on his front door while he's working, he EXPLODES!!! Everytime I see someone soliciting door to door, I go to my window to watch what's going to happen. The last time it was some gardeners selling extra bags of fertilizer and he chased them down the street screaming "GET OFF MY PROPERTY YOU ASSHOLES...WHY ARE YOU KNOCKING ON MY DOOR!!" These poor guys jumped in their truck and burned rubber out the neighborhood :lol:

NicaMom said:
The neighbors from hell are across from us, about 50 feet away, but almost every night, around 11:30 pm - 1:30 am, the lady starts screaming, moaning and breathing super loud!!!! Kind of like Meg Ryan in "when Harry met Sally" but 100 times louder!!!
The first time I heard her I almost called 911, I thought for sure someone was trying to kill her.
But that's not all, they have their bedroom window open while they're at it and have some funky lights going on, not that I was spying cause I'm not, i wouldn't want to see anything.:no:
And they have a son who is 10 or 11 years old, I don't know how that child gets any sleep or the little old lady who lives next door to them.:ohmy:
I told my husband that one of this days I'm just gonna go over to their window and tell them to use a gag.

:lol: The same thing used to happen to my sister-in law in Long Beach! This lady would moan and scream and yell out "Jerome, Jerome...oh yeah Jerome!" You could even hear Jerome spanking her! It got so loud one night that when they were done, all the neighbors in the other apartment buildings around them started applauding!

She called me one night and took the phone out on the balcony and I could actually hear them. They got so sick of it they used to go outside and yell "hurry up Jerome, we're trying to get some sleep!"

oh my gosh Charlene, I now got a mental picture of the old guy exercising in front of your house!:lol:
Your next door neighbor sounds like one my hubby's friends, he chases away religious solicitors and he's even a pastor!:lol:
I wonder if Jerome moved from LB to Fullerton, our moaners are new neighbors.:wink:
I have a feeling these kind of loud neighbors like to have an audience.:yes:

The worst thing I can say about our neighbors is that their adorable little boys come and ring our doorbell and beg for candy. the little rascals. :huh:

In response to those idiots and their suing regarding the dog and vandalizing the shed and whatnot... The only reason some are allowed to continue breathing is because its illegal to shoot them. Youve gotta wonder sometimes how people can be so ignorant... Idiocy in that degree should be criminally punished by torture. I swear.... GRRRRRR... typical attitude, Im not responsible for my own actions, even if they are blatantly asking for trouble. *hits pit bull with stick* oh look its killing me, well damn, I didnt see that one coming!

Speaking of idiocy, I heard that people are still trying to hold the fast food chains liable for unhealthy lifestyles and all the consequences thereof... When the fuck will people take responsibility for the fact that, hey, YOU CHOOSE WHAT YOU EAT... omg... I am absolutely livid... I swear, if this goes through the court systems and people are proven to be free of responsibility of what they choose to intake into their system, Im going to either move to europe, or run people down in the streets with my car and blame the car company, stating that I wasnt responsible for running over those people because I didnt produce the vehicle in question used to commit said acts... I swear... *goes insane*

ugh. i freaking hate my neighbours. it's not as bad as any of your horror stories, but it's still aggravating. i don't know how in the hell this became like some old fart neighbourhood, but i swear i'm about the only person under 30 here.

we live in a duplex, and the lady who shares it is like 85 i think. i don't know how she did this, but she managed to break her ankle crossing the street. our street isn't badly paved or anything, and it's clean too so i don't know what she tripped on. she doesn't bother me that much, though. it just pisses me off that when she goes away 5000 times a year to visit her kids, she always asks us to get her mail and water her lawn. but if my dad needs a ride to the doctor's to get an MRI (he can't drive) and my mom is at work and i'm at uni, she suddenly doesn't have the time.

the neighbours who we share a lawn with really get to me. i'm not kidding when i say within five minutes of walking in the door at MIDNIGHT returning from our two week trip, they called. they do it all the damn time. these people have no life, they moved here from arkansas just to babysit their daughter's annoying brat kid. the girl is almost four and seems to be unable to talk, if she wants something, she just whines and tugs at your pants leg. every time we're out for more than an hour (and it's my mom who's coming home), within five minutes they come over or call. and it's ironic how they're always out walking their dog when we come home. i've never owned a dog, but i can't see how two small dogs need to be walked 20 times a day. they just get on my nerves cuz i hate these small stupid dogs and they're the yappy kind who maul you. i just wish they'd get a life and leave us alone a little.

also, the neighbour across the street, i don't see much of her, but she's such a busybody. she was out in our backyard spying at our neighbour's storage shed they were building. we're in this stupid association where you can't have hardly any stuff in your back or front yard. no for rent signs (you can only have for sale signs), no satellite dishes (even small ones), you can't even repaint your house without prior permission. so she was gonna try to report them to the association for having a storage shed. when she was going away, she had the gall to leave a message TELLING us we were going to be watering her lawn. we never talk to her, so it's not like we owe her anything.

but dang...i've never had neighbours who like come over and trim my hedges or anything. and luckily we don't have any moaners in our neighbourhood, although i'm sure people get mad when i get in an argument with someone, cuz i'm one of those people who screams at the top of my lungs yelling. although, the windows are almost always closed cuz of everyone's allergies so i doubt anyone can hear me. :silent:

I want to live on my own little island

The idiot man and woman next door pinned a note to our door when we first moved in, because they heard our dog barking one night. They thought we were beating him. :no:

Also, they work the night shifts and therefore do things like mow their lawn and take out their trash (never doing anything less than dragging the cans) at hours when people are trying to sleep. They also fight early in the morning, to where everyone knows their business. :rolleyes:

Then, across the way from us (we live on the corner) the guy and girl don't have jobs (we don't think), have a dog they leave out in their yard ALL THE TIME, and his parents are always over, parking where I have to be careful not to him their car when I pull out of my garage (of course there's plenty of room but the old geezer prefers to park there).

We had one friend on this block since we've been here and she just moved. Oh well, no biggie. I guess the saying is true how people just keep more to themselves these days and don't really try and interact with their neighbors, which from the looks of this thread is a good thing!

Let's just call my neighbor "the Night Talker." He never sleeps, he must not work, because no matter what time I'm home, he's next door, singing or doing monologues, badly and incredibly loud. I think I woke up to Lady Macbeth a few weeks ago.

I also have a troup of yodelers living downstairs. They've only performed twice, but both times, it was a real experience.

I've got neighbors that must love fire...one I know burns leaves and trash all of the time, which I don't believe is legal around here. He's got three Rottweilers and a wolf that my dog always runs over to and barks at.:rolleyes:

My other neighbors have bonfires at night in the summer, they haven't had one yet but they did quite often last year. The neighbor had several girlfriends before he got married, most of which had kids. (I'm not this nosey, this is info from my mom) One had kids in their 20's who set up a tent in their backyard, and I won't tell you what they were doing in the middle of the night that woke me up!
:ohmy: :eek:

Argh!!! I hate neighbors!!! lol

Really, just my neighbor downstairs. She's an incredible busybody. Always has to know my business and what i'm doing, etc... one time I came home late after being out at the bar with some friends... and made a point of being very quiet coming up the stairs. Once up there I was unfolding my futon, which opened quickly and thudded on the the floor. She came flying ustairs like a bat out of hell SCREAMING her head off at me. She was rude, demeaning, you name it!! I was totally taken aback. I even called my landlord and told him about it. She's been a little better since then, but not by too much. STill always sticking her nose where it doesnt belong, etc... even just last week I was meeting my boyfriend at my apt- I was running late so he was just hanging out in his truck waiting for me. He said she came to the window about 4 or 5 times before finally coming out side and asking him what he was doing there. And he said to her, not that it's really any of your business, but I'm waiting for my girlfriend. Then she got all embarrased saying she didn recognize his truck (it's new) etc... and that she just wanted to make sure things were all right... I know it sounds harmless enough... but you really need to see it yourself to get what I mean! ;)

She ls Raging said:
Argh!!! I hate neighbors!!! lol

Really, just my neighbor downstairs. She's an incredible busybody. Always has to know my business and what i'm doing, etc... one time I came home late after being out at the bar with some friends... and made a point of being very quiet coming up the stairs. Once up there I was unfolding my futon, which opened quickly and thudded on the the floor. She came flying ustairs like a bat out of hell SCREAMING her head off at me. She was rude, demeaning, you name it!! I was totally taken aback. I even called my landlord and told him about it. She's been a little better since then, but not by too much. STill always sticking her nose where it doesnt belong, etc... even just last week I was meeting my boyfriend at my apt- I was running late so he was just hanging out in his truck waiting for me. He said she came to the window about 4 or 5 times before finally coming out side and asking him what he was doing there. And he said to her, not that it's really any of your business, but I'm waiting for my girlfriend. Then she got all embarrased saying she didn recognize his truck (it's new) etc... and that she just wanted to make sure things were all right... I know it sounds harmless enough... but you really need to see it yourself to get what I mean! ;)

Tell me about it... There are two elderly women who live across the street from me, and as soon as theres no snow on the ground until the snow is fallen once more, they are sitting nearly 10 hours a day, on lawnchairs in their driveway up by their garage... anything and everything that comes through the neighbourhood passes under their watchful eyes. In the winter, or in the rain, its at their kitchen table looking out on the front yard and subsequently the street, its like having a non-relenting sentry post... Its madness, I dare not do anything when my parents arent home, dear lord Id be snitched on the instant they returned home, undoubtedly in great detail... I live in fear... :eek: it wouldnt be so bad if they were one house to the west, since that section of street runs east-west, and my house is on the corner, I could at least sneak out the side or something, but no, they have full visibility of that corner... Mind you they arent up 24/7, but they wake up earlier than me, and theyre usually out there until about 8ish, then they go indoors for a while... Distrubing old women... *shivers*

My old neighbor was a busy body tooo. He used to call the cops on my dad all of the time for no reason. The neighbor across the street would put notes on my guests cars if they parked their cars on her side of the street. Theres much more to say but so little time to spend on saying it!

Unfortunatly I live in an apartment and there are like 3 buildings around me so I hear kids screaming, music blaring, people fighting.

I just got new neighbors upstairs and they smoke pot at weird hours of the day, early morning, late at nite on a work nite, and I can hear them coughing LOUD .. like they're coughing up a lung or something.

But I'm glad they are brother and sister. I used to have a couple above me that would have sex like every nite at 3 am VERY LOUDLY. :mad: :mad:

I stuck a very explicit rude note on their door.. I couldnt take it anymore. They moved out. :mac:

In one neighborhood I had a cute little girl about 4 years old who would yell at me if I parked on their side of the street. She would say it was her Gramma's spot, but there hardly ever a car there. She would swear at me and flip me the bird. It looked really strange coming from such a young girl.

In another neighborhood I had some people who wanted to put a basketball hoop in the street behind my house. They wanted to cement it into the ground on the edge of my yard so the kids could play basketball in the street. There was a park about 3 blocks away. :rolleyes:

I could go on and on with weird neighbor stories.

U2Kitten said:
especially the snotty, frumpy teenage girl

dern teens!

my neighbor is nuts. her mailbox was opened a bit one day and she called the cops and said that it was somehow our fault. she calls the cops on us a lot, mainly about the mailbox. like in the winter when the snow plows cut it too close and hit the mailboxes, she accuses us of hitting it. yeah, she's nuts.

One of my neighbors was hillarious, Every Sunday he would wash his cars and he washed them with toothbrushes, literally. It would take him all day to do them but thats the way that he would wash them. Also same neighbor used to have light wars with the neighbors that are across the street from him. He would buy big spot lights to shine at the neighbors and the other neighbor would do the same it was hillarious to see at night.:lol:

Compared to some people here, I feel almost lucky. My neighbourly problems tend to come and go, and it's always some shit like a kid in the yard below who has to ride his motorcycle round in circles for hours on end... then there's the dog that lives about five feet outside my bedroom window and barks at absolutely anything or anyone that moves. He's a nice dog, just bored, and though I work from home, I sure can't keep him entertained every moment of the day. Some people shouldn't have dogs, not if they just plan to keep them locked up bored and insane in the yard for the next ten years.

Luckily I've never had nosey neighbours, just thoughtless braindead neighbours. In my ideal world, I really don't care what you do in your own time, just don't let me see or hear any of it. Just leave me the fuck alone.

Oh yeah, there was the idiot who lived across the road for a few years. Apparently his full-time occupation was running his old car engine for hours on end in the front driveway. I mean, I think we all realise it fucking WORKS, you don't have to keep revving it for half a friggin day to find that out.

I just dread the day my immediate neighbour (lovely old lady in the apartment next to me) dies as she surely will. Knowing my luck I'll probably get a psycho who plays Swedish death metal 24-7 and hosts outdoor parties at all hours featuring the sounds of whirring helicopter blades.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom