latest confessions of an obsessed fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
so...

we all do dumb things when it comes to bands we love: waiting in lines for hours to get concert tickets, skipping out on work or school or sacrificing a lunch hour to run to a cd store, traveled significant distances either by car or plane to shows or possibly rock n roll hall of fame exhibits (i know there are some people here who've done that)...or you know, even gathering up all sorts of rarities and bootlegs.

my latest:

i spent the last 2 nights fighting with the realplayer. epitaph.com put up a couple video clips from the dropkick murphys dvd that comes out next week. naturally, i'll buy it as soon as i can get to the record store. but you know, i just HAD to watch those streaming video quality clips rather than wait one more week...:shifty:

i have now downloaded 4 different versions of the spawn of satan (aka realplayer), uninstalled and re-installed them 2-5 times each.

i won my battle, and i got to see my video clips. but i still spent several hours (and endured several computer crashes) trying to watch 5 minutes of video that i will be able to watch in better quality in 7 days.

oh yeah. i don't regret it at all. maybe that's what i'm confessing, not the actual thing that i did, but that i don't regret being the nut that i am. :up:

I spent ?10 the other day ordering three different formats of the same single (vinyl, cd, and dvd). :crack: I also have the promo. Now I just need the European versions. :hyper:

:lmao: Cool thread!

I'll skip classes on two days to fly to a david bowie gig in june, spend about 300? just on plane tickets, concert tickets, etc...speaking of obsessed. o_O :eeklaugh:

I skip class everytime there's a Bono webcast/U2 radio broadcast. I also left my family and never even went home Thanksgiving weekend 2002 to see Bono, but that was more for informational purposes (DATA tour) than obsessive fandom, lol (although, I did sleep out on the cement when it was below freezing and icy winds and also paid $100 for a scalped ticket that was originally free).

I took Ryan Adams' birthday off from work. I also took off the day that Rock N Roll and Love Is Hell Part 1 were released.

Holidays, people! Holidays!

Also, I planned a trip for back home last November...and then I realized it coincided with the kick off of Ryan's tour. I was going to try to postpone it for a week so I could be home to be online as much as possible to get all of the dirt, but I already had the days off from work. That meant putting up with my sister's sloooow WebTV and calling various people from the message board as often as possible to find out the setlists and other tidbits.

Oh, Ryan...the things you make me do. :wink:

I'm being laid off from my job at the end of the month and I spent money I didn't have to go to Cleveland last weekend just to see the U2 exhibit again. I went in September and we went back to the museum all 3 days I was there. But I went anyways last weekend. Mainly just to see the Bad lyrics in Bono handwriting. :sigh: What a beautiful sight that was!

IWasBored said:
we all do dumb things when it comes to bands we love: traveled significant distances either by car or plane to shows or possibly rock n roll hall of fame exhibits (i know there are some people here who've done that)

I have NO idea what you're refering to :shifty:

arw9797 said:
I'm being laid off from my job at the end of the month and I spent money I didn't have to go to Cleveland last weekend just to see the U2 exhibit again. I went in September and we went back to the museum all 3 days I was there. But I went anyways last weekend. Mainly just to see the Bad lyrics in Bono handwriting. :sigh: What a beautiful sight that was!

The lyrics in Bono's handwriting were definitely my favorites.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

The lyrics in Bono's handwriting were definitely my favorites.

yeah we (Kariann, Schmeg, and I) all found out on our first trip there together, which was also the first time we met in person, that we all have a thing for Bad. So we needed to go back share a quiet moment alone with the lyrics. We got to do that on Sunday morning. I also wanted to go back to see Edge's guitar with the snake on it, and Bono's bubble pants. :D But I agree, all of the lyrics with Bono's own writing was probably my favorite too, no matter what the song was.

Two nights in a row now, I have been messaged by guys and have gotten into fantastic conversation with them. Their taste in music is incredible, and the talk is just flowing. Then I mention Ryan Adams, and they tell me how much they hate Ryan Adams...even saying downright mean things about him.

Despite all of the other positives, I am unable to overlook this.

Conversation over!

:|

hahaha

oh wait

i can't laugh

i refuse to be friends with people who hate any band i really like.

3 years ago I skipped my classes to take a flight alone :uhoh: from Bogot? (colombia) to Miami, to see the first Elevation Tour Concert :D

march 24th is a holliday for me every year :)

I skipped classes at my University when ATYCLB came out.

Me and my friend rode Greyhound bus to Houston from San Antonio for the Elevation show. That was the scariest experience! I had to take out my trusty Drumstick just in case! (although as my friend pointed out...they probably would have capped our arse! LOL) :ohmy: We were the only mexicans there :huh:

I have the Vinyl single for I still haven't found what i'm looking for. I paid like $4 for it and it sounds like shite but it has Larry on the cover :D

When U2 Legends used to come on, my family were visiting from Mexico and it came on. I was sitting in the living room, while my mom and aunt were in the kitchen watching the same thing. Everytime Larry would come on my mom would point and say "That's my son-in-law!" lmao :hyper:

Last edited:
Mullen-Girl said:
I skipped classes at my University when ATYCLB came out.

I couldn't bring myself to skip class, but I had a history class that went from 11 to noon that day. I was squirming in my seat through the whole lecture, and I literally took off running as soon as class was over...ran across campus...ran to the freshman gals parking lot...got in my car and fucking DROVE...:laugh:

what livluv did, me too...cept i managed to talk my parents into letting me use their car to drive 30 hours to nebraska and back...and skipped class, and froze my ass off 24 hours in 20 degree NE weather, and almost died due to break malfunction.

i'd do nearly anything to con my parents into letting me borrow a car to hang out with my u2 friends in chicago//cleveland etc.

i won't mention all my u2 crafts, cause then people start to look funny at me...

i rushed through an exam and risked missing some class to get the dropkick murphys dvd this morning

even though i knew i had to go to class to hand in my paper and wouldn't be able to watch it until afterwards

what livluv did, me too...cept i managed to talk my parents into letting me use their car to drive 30 hours to nebraska and back...and skipped class, and froze my ass off 24 hours in 20 degree NE weather, and almost died due to break malfunction.

i'd do nearly anything to con my parents into letting me borrow a car to hang out with my u2 friends in chicago//cleveland etc.

i won't mention all my u2 crafts, cause then people start to look funny at me...

wasn't there also the male action hero role model videos?

IWasBored said:
wasn't there also the male action hero role model videos?

:shifty: uh, yeah...but hasn't everyone spent a week of their lives making u2 dolls then reinacting the numb video?

Stories for Boys said:

:shifty: uh, yeah...but hasn't everyone spent a week of their lives making u2 dolls then reinacting the numb video?

no but i spent my spring break last year building a popmart model stage out of legos...

and evelation is about half done leftover from winter break

I managed to keep my last paycheck away from loan payments and spent $50 on a single U2 poster, BUT it's over 3x5 ft, rare (as in I've never seen it before), and with the shitty value of the USD these days.....Now I have 7 different Pop posters for my room next year.

arw9797 said:
:shifty: I'd do nearly anything to hang out with your U2 friends in Chicago too :shifty:

LITTLE BONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!! you must come!! it's eeeeeeeeexcellent. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

and iwb, well done on the legos. i'm more one for fabric paint...last summer i spent 6 hours total making my dad a t shirt with an exact image of the joshua tree on the back. let me find a picture a second...ok, here it is...
339%3B%3B62%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D7%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B58%3B439%3Aot1lsi

(sorry it took so long...i had to upload it :wink: )

btw, when i say exact...i mean exact. i studied the jt and did it point for tedious point.

FallingStar said:
:lmao: Cool thread!

I'll skip classes on two days to fly to a david bowie gig in june, spend about 300? just on plane tickets, concert tickets, etc...speaking of obsessed. o_O :eeklaugh:

No don't feel bad about that! It's a once in a lifetime chance maybe, and you'd regret it if you passed it up to sit in school :yawn: 50 years from now, you won't remember that day of school or care, but that concert and the experience will live with you always! About the money, if you had it in your pocket what would you rather do with it? If you want it, go for it!

Stories for Boys said:

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!! you must come!! it's eeeeeeeeexcellent. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

339%3B%3B62%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2326%3D998%3D7%3A4%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B58%3B439%3Aot1lsi

(sorry it took so long...i had to upload it :wink: )

btw, when i say exact...i mean exact. i studied the jt and did it point for tedious point.

tell me when and where. I'll be there!!!!! :shifty: anything to see Little Bono.....

:up: COOL shirt!!!! :yes:

arw9797 said:
tell me when and where. I'll be there!!!!! :shifty: anything to see Little Bono.....

i'm in chicago from the 19th til the 28th. in that time there are elevation shows on the 19th, 26th and 27th. muahahahahahahaha...not that i'm evil.

*edit* plus reckoning (chris, the bassist...his rem tribute band) is playing on the 25th...and they don't play that often. MUST COME! muahahahahahahaha :evil:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom