Knock... Knock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elfyx

War Child
You wouldn't believe what happened this morning. Our
downstairs neighbor comes knocking on our door in a
panic because her roommate tried to commit suicide.
So, I grab the phone, call 911 and go downstairs to
size up the situation.

Sure enough, the dude is laying there in bed with a
belt around his neck tied up to his headboard.
Fortunately he wasn't dead, but we couldn't wake him
up and he was very clammy, etc...

I think one of the creepiest things I've had to do in
life now is to take that damn belt off from around his
neck. <shudder> WTF?

EMS arrived, revived him, and took him away. I
answered a couple of questions and got the fuck out of
there. Jesus f'n christ!:faint: :yikes:

:hug: Elfyx :hug:

Believe it or not I know how you feel....last year I came home to where I was living then and found my roomate in her room, with her arms cut and heavily drugged. I had to resucitate her while I was waiting for the medics to come... It was definetly a harrowing experience....

You did the right thing though...I'm proud of you.

You did the right thing. This person will hopefully be admitted to a hospital where they can be treated. Their are amazing new drugs on the market that can likely help this person recover from his mental illness. You saved someone's life!! You are a blessing!

Thank you everybody for your kind words. I was pretty creeped out by the whole thing yesterday but today I'm feeling much better.

I found out the guy is in the crisis center, and I hope he gets serious help.

I don't know if he's going to be coming back to live downstairs or not, but I thought about making him a CD in case I see him again.

Should I just leave it alone, or would a CD help? I'm thinking of course songs like Stuck in a Moment, and Walk On.

Maybe the whole idea is bad though, what does everyone think? If I make one, what songs should go on it?

Elfyx....you made me cry! I think that'd be a nice gesture. Too often people will ignore someone after they try to do something like that, because they seem to feel too uncomfortable to acknowledge that person's pain. I think that'd be wonderful...

I'm not sure if the CD is a good idea. I mean, friendship and affirmation are good, but if songs about making things better make someone think more about the things that are wrong, or if they're not receptive to it yet, it could make things worse. But at the same time, people can't recover without some kind of support and help from others. I'd just try to talk to him and be friendly. If you do the CD thing, it has to be subtle.

UnforgettableLemon said:
I'm not sure if the CD is a good idea. I mean, friendship and affirmation are good, but if songs about making things better make someone think more about the things that are wrong, or if they're not receptive to it yet, it could make things worse. But at the same time, people can't recover without some kind of support and help from others. I'd just try to talk to him and be friendly. If you do the CD thing, it has to be subtle.

Always agree with a man who wears a Ramones t-shirt! :up:

Yeah, I'll probably just make the CD and hold on to it, and only give it to him if the opportunity comes up and it feels like the right thing to do.

elfyx said:
Yeah, I'll probably just make the CD and hold on to it, and only give it to him if the opportunity comes up and it feels like the right thing to do.

I think the CD is a nice idea (but not too much Pollyanna-esque crap on there, that can be just too much). Sometimes just a nice gesture can go a long way. Perhaps just a good mix of music you like, neither overly happy nor overly depressed.

I can relate to what you said about the feelings you had when taking the belt off his neck. I worked in a mental health facility and one night I went to a client's room to ask her if she wanted some cookies and I found her on her bed with two shoelaces wrapped around her neck and her face was turning purple. She was pulling on them to make them go tighter around her neck. I had to grab her hands and pull them away then quickly pull the laces from around her neck. It was freaking scary....so I can't even imagine poor you with the guy passed out like that.

YOU ARE A HERO!

Back
Top Bottom