Justification of the exwife/bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been reading ur threads for a while and it may be that Daisy has some real concerns about not wanting to spend weekends with Dad and the step-mom. You should really consider getting her some counseling sessions that might expose her real feelings as to what happens to her during those visitations...is she being yelled at, is the step-mother mean to her, ignoring her, talking about you in front of her...

The counselor could actually uncover an agenda that she has not even exposed to you; something that might support her unwillingness to visit the "other family"...it takes a while but it may be what's best for Daisy....Talking to an uninvolved party might draw out what the root of the problem might be...

Any thought of having a 4-way discussion between you, Dad, step- and Daisy at this point would most likely get her to clam up... I would really consider it; and if they charge, make Dad pay for it...

:hug:

Mr. BAW said:
You should really consider getting her some counseling sessions

This is what I was going to suggest as soon as I was done catching up with this thread.

Certainly Dad should contribute to the fees for counseling if insurance (his, too; Daisy is his dependent after all) deson't cover all the costs. County agencies frequently offer counseling on a sliding scale basis, and other places do too.

i called my ex yesterday to suggest this, and he is currently looking into it.

I exposed my kids to counseling through my health care provider ranging from problems with their mother to a kid who refused to clean his room....to another kid who was weak in applying himself with school work and disrupting his teachers to my own issues dealing with prior law enforcement situations...counseling works, if you give it a chance.

I am hoping your ex- will see that this can only be an advantage to his daughter and he shouldn't look at it as merely "another expense..." But...remember, kids will always tell a counselor what they think he/she wants to hear....my daughter was the best at that...

One final note...what the counselor and your daughter discuss stays between them...the counselor will then share her/his own thoughts on how your situation can be handled....good luck.

Back
Top Bottom