Just another Bad Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So today the elevator tech came in to work on a busted elevator, thats what we called him out for.

so towards the end of my shift a guy from staples comes up through the garage elevator with a big cart which is a no no. So I tell him to take the freight, he said he has been waiting for 10 min for it. So I look at the camera and the elevator tech was changing some lights in the freight

so the guy was about to take another passanger elevator and the tech was done so he goes up the freight, well the PM catches wind and he starts bitching up a storm saying were not doing our jobs etc.. and why didn't we call when the tech was changing lights etc... well we didn't expect him too and we were busy in the lobby to look at the camera

So he sends an email to my boss about me and my crew and how were incompetent

problems with their phone lines when it was the buildings problem for knowing there was a water leak in the MPOE room (telephone and internet connection) which could have damaged their networks.

Let me fix the last part of the story. So He called us Incompetent, yet he has broken OSHA rules by having tile workers us a ladder over 8ft tall to carry up heavy equipment and tile instead of having them use the freight elevator. We have a broken pipe in the MPOE room which he has not fixed and told us to tell tenants if their having problems with their phone or internet lines to call AT&T since it's their problem not ours. There is a lot more but I could right like 10 pages on it.

Had a meeting with my manager today and he said I need to improve my client relations or I'm being let go (fired)

Justin, sometimes you just have to "pick" your fights.
Are you ok with being let go? Do you have a plan B?
If the answer if no, then work on understanding that sometimes is just better to do what's important for your superior...even if it's the wrong thing. With time, he will be accountable for his actions.

I've had managers like these in the past and I would hold my ego up high and suffer the consequences.

Times are tough right now, I would hate to see you lose your job.

I am not saying to take it all, but just take a second and think what would happen if you get fired.

Ok, that's my :twocents:

change hope faith its a crazy good idea

As most of you have read my previous thread. http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f201/just-another-bad-day-195252.html

I had to attend a seminar with motivational speakers (Colin Powell, Michael Phelps, zig ziglar, steve forbes and rudy guilliani) this was to help me get more motivated as a site supervisor and to be more pro active with the property manager, who is the worst person anyone could work for.

So during our lunch break a bunch of managers from my company asked am I motivated and feel like I can now work with the PM? My response to them was its a good seminar but it has the opposite effect on me. It does not motivate me to kiss the PM ass and pretend I like working with him, this makes me want to quit my job and persue something I love my dreams. So after my vacation and ecuador project I will be looking for part time photography jobs 3 to be exact and work on that, work hard to get my work in galleries etc.. I'm tired of my job, 6 years in security is enough.

Back
Top Bottom