I've never had a massage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, I've had clients drool before. I've had to wipe off the stool that sits beneath the headrest :giggle:

Jase, you sit on the floor when massaging? I stand for the whole thing.. maybe I should try that and give myself a break once in a while :lol:

I wonder why I've never enjoyed having my arms massaged. I actually don't care for the legs much either (but do like feet and have had some great reflexology done too).

What is it you don't like about it? Or is it that it just does nothing for you :shrug: I have to say, about half my clients only ever ask for back, neck, and shoulders anyway. Hah.

so funny, because I looooove having my arms massaged :heart: I just find that so comforting for some reason :)

I shall definately look into booking a Thai massage sometime soon .. maybe as a new year gift :D

I don't particularly like my arms being massaged either. :shrug: It does nothing for me - seems like a bit of a waste of time, when my poor aching back needs more attention anyway. :wink:

I got my gift card yesterday, but don't have time to book anything until the New Year. I'll be calling the spa on Monday to make an appointment. :love:

lol, I've had clients drool before. I've had to wipe off the stool that sits beneath the headrest :giggle:

Jase, you sit on the floor when massaging? I stand for the whole thing.. maybe I should try that and give myself a break once in a while :lol:

OMG! Once after an hour long massage, I was cleaning everything and pulled the rolling stool out and there was what seemed to be oil, and I was thinkng how did that get there.
So wondering if it had a scent to determine if it was mine or the other MT's, I dipped my fingers in it, and it was all SLIIIIMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! AAAAAAAAAHHHH!! :barf:

I sit on the floor to only do the arms and hands. It does give me a break because I usually am working all day, everyday and it is my only chance to recoup.
I really get into the hands, I take my time.
My clients say they have never experienced anything so wonderful, and it's at that time I incorporate reflexology into the (hand) massage.
The whole gravity thing works great too, I don't have to worry about holding my clients arm up for them, and they can totally relax.
I leave the opposite arm on the table so the blood does not drain.
Then switch.

Peoples lurve it!

What is it you don't like about it? Or is it that it just does nothing for you :shrug: I have to say, about half my clients only ever ask for back, neck, and shoulders anyway. Hah.

It does nothing for me seems to be the main thing. I do a lot of weight lifting and a lot of cycling and so I'm really careful to do proper stretching and so on. My legs are super strong and actually I have pretty sculpted arms as well so I think they just take the stresses of life better, whereas my back is not as strong and I find it more sore. Especially the shoulderblade region which has always been problematic for me.

I really enjoy a foot massage, but the hand one bugs me a lot. I actually kind of find it uncomfortable/painful, maybe because my hands are bony?

I sit on the floor to only do the arms and hands. It does give me a break because I usually am working all day, everyday and it is my only chance to recoup.
I really get into the hands, I take my time.
My clients say they have never experienced anything so wonderful, and it's at that time I incorporate reflexology into the (hand) massage.
The whole gravity thing works great too, I don't have to worry about holding my clients arm up for them, and they can totally relax.
I leave the opposite arm on the table so the blood does not drain.
Then switch.

Peoples lurve it!
You have some good points :hmm: I'm on my feet for 8 hours, almost always going non-stop, so that would be a good excuse for a break.. I just feel like my clients would look at me funny :der: Though they're usually asleep or just about comatose anyway, lol. I like the idea of it allowing the client to relax too.. Far too many feel they have to hold their arm up for me and can never quite let go all together :shrug: Do you massage the arms in prone or supine?

It does nothing for me seems to be the main thing. I do a lot of weight lifting and a lot of cycling and so I'm really careful to do proper stretching and so on. My legs are super strong and actually I have pretty sculpted arms as well so I think they just take the stresses of life better, whereas my back is not as strong and I find it more sore. Especially the shoulderblade region which has always been problematic for me.

I really enjoy a foot massage, but the hand one bugs me a lot. I actually kind of find it uncomfortable/painful, maybe because my hands are bony?
Even the boniest hands have nice little pockets of muscle :) As long as the therapist doesn't dig too deep, it should feel ok.

As for the shoulder blades, have your therapist spend some time on your pecs as well and focus on stretching out that whole area. That will relieve a lot of the strain on the mid-back and all those shoulder blade muscles, so they won't get as sore and "knotted" up.

You have some good points :hmm: I'm on my feet for 8 hours, almost always going non-stop, so that would be a good excuse for a break.. I just feel like my clients would look at me funny :der: Though they're usually asleep or just about comatose anyway, lol. I like the idea of it allowing the client to relax too.. Far too many feel they have to hold their arm up for me and can never quite let go all together :shrug: Do you massage the arms in prone or supine?

It's true, they think they have to do all the holding, some have to be reminded to relax because they haven't had a quality massage.

99% of the time I start prone, unless here is a medical reason for them to remain supine.
The arm hangs in a comfortable position while I work into the hands,fingers and forearms.
After, I turn my client supine, then I usually do a pectoral massage (male and female).
I stretch and lightly jostle while returning the hand to the solar plexus,
then I wind down with a neck (knuckles), superior/inferior occipital (their head pressing into my fingertips so that they control the pressure),
temple and jaw massage,(trigger points in the area are painful, so I use a gentle fingertip pressure),
ending with swedish strokes in the face.
I center my client with my left hand on the forehead and my right hand on the navel, to complete the massage.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

99% of the time I start prone, unless here is a medical reason for them to remain supine.
The arm hangs in a comfortable position while I work into the hands,fingers and forearms.
After, I turn my client supine, then I usually do a pectoral massage (male and female).
I stretch and lightly jostle while returning the hand to the solar plexus,
then I wind down with a neck (knuckles), superior/inferior occipital (their head pressing into my fingertips so that they control the pressure),
temple and jaw massage,(trigger points in the area are painful, so I use a gentle fingertip pressure),
ending with swedish strokes in the face.
I center my client with my left hand on the forehead and my right hand on the navel, to complete the massage.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
:drool: I'm your 2 o'clock. I'm on your table and waiting :wink:

Back
Top Bottom