I've never had a massage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love massages, but I wish I could just relax enough so I could doze during them.

I got massaged by a girl once, it was very enjoyable, but would never want one from a guy.

I want a head massage sometime thou (Indian)

someday you should go for it, its the most amazing feeling on earth!
You might feel comfortable with the right guy, though I understand some people's uneasiness :) I went to school with some brilliant male therapists.

I love massages, but I wish I could just relax enough so I could doze during them.

Why can't you? Are you too tense or does your therapist chat too much? Many of my clients fall asleep at some point :hmm:

I don't have a therapist, I just go to a local spa whenever I get a gift card.
Yeah, maybe I am a little too tense. I should try doing some yoga before I go for my next massage.

I don't have a therapist, I just go to a local spa whenever I get a gift card.
Yeah, maybe I am a little too tense. I should try doing some yoga before I go for my next massage.

Ahh. You might want to request a therapist you're particularily comfortable with and see them each time too :)

i went to one last week. the next day i had a sharp annoying pain in my left shoulder. she did say that it was pretty nasty up in there, and it would require some work, but it def hurt more than the usge! then the following day i went to my chiro and she said i had the biggest knot i've ever had since she's known me.

i don't wanna think that the therapist did something wrong...but did she? i drank lots of water afterward to flush out the toxins. it still hurts right now. (i had the massage on weds, went to the chiro on fri.) i'm using biofreeze and arnica, but it just comes back. is there anything else i can do to make the little fucker go away??

i went to one last week. the next day i had a sharp annoying pain in my left shoulder. she did say that it was pretty nasty up in there, and it would require some work, but it def hurt more than the usge! then the following day i went to my chiro and she said i had the biggest knot i've ever had since she's known me.

i don't wanna think that the therapist did something wrong...but did she? i drank lots of water afterward to flush out the toxins. it still hurts right now. (i had the massage on weds, went to the chiro on fri.) i'm using biofreeze and arnica, but it just comes back. is there anything else i can do to make the little fucker go away??

It's one thing for it to ache a bit the day after, but it shouldn't still be hurting. Try some ice on it for a couple days, then switch to heat. Be sure to let the therapist know what your pressure tolerance is when she's working. If it's uncomfortable and you can't breathe through it or relax, it's time to ease up.

thanks kaf!! :D
i usually can handle pressure. i've a high pain tolerance. i was concerned though when my chiro said that it was the biggest knot i've had. omf wtf! i thought massage made the knots go away. :(
maybe this therapist needs some kafspertise ;)

thanks kaf!! :D
i usually can handle pressure. i've a high pain tolerance. i was concerned though when my chiro said that it was the biggest knot i've had. omf wtf! i thought massage made the knots go away. :(
maybe this therapist needs some kafspertise ;)

Nothing wrong with a lot of pressure if you can take it, but only if you can take it. If the therapist pushes the muscle too far, it's bound to seize up. That's the "knot" you feel :yes: You can't force them all out in once treatment, sometimes you have to ease them out over a few.

Kafspertise :hmm: I like it ;)

kaf - I want to use up my benefits before the end of the year - any recommendations here in London? I'm a bit distrustful so I've been reluctant to let myself be mauled by one of you :wink:

I don't know anyone personally in London, but I know of a few RMTs that friends and family see. I can ask around for you. Of course the best thing is to go to a few and get a feel for who you like yourself. Not every client/therapist pairing is a perfect fit. Your friend's super-chatty therapist may work for her, but not for you. You may want someone more quiet and zen. Your cousin may enjoy getting the crap beat out of him by his therapist, while you may like something a little more love and sunshine.. or at least some happy medium between the two :der:

But I'll ask around and let you know what I find :)

I don't know anyone personally in London, but I know of a few RMTs that friends and family see. I can ask around for you. Of course the best thing is to go to a few and get a feel for who you like yourself. Not every client/therapist pairing is a perfect fit. Your friend's super-chatty therapist may work for her, but not for you. You may want someone more quiet and zen. Your cousin may enjoy getting the crap beat out of him by his therapist, while you may like something a little more love and sunshine.. or at least some happy medium between the two :der:

But I'll ask around and let you know what I find :)

Thanks lady - I know I'd prefer someone who can stfu though...I've got enough chatterers around me all day that I love silence :drool:

My fiancce Jason gives really good ones, but it's nothing compared to a professional one.

Back
Top Bottom