i've just broke down with my bf...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e edge

The Fly
maybe it's him, who's broke down or maybe we both decided it's over, i don't really know 'cause "our love was turning to rust" for the last few months, but i never wanted to admit it. and now it's over for good. i've always known this relationship has no future, but we were together for 5 years and now i'm really down.

i once promised to myself i'll never cry because of him, but tears are just coming to my eyes...

I did the same thing almost 2 years ago. I haven't been a relationship since then that lasted more than 2 weeks...I just don't want to get hurt again.

Breaking up is hard tooooo do...by Neil Sedaka.

I haven't been in a relationship for a year because I had met someone who made me feel like I could finally be myself...only it turns out he didn't like the real me. Or maybe he really didn't know himself....:shrug: Anyways....that's another post and I digress...

It's hard to be in a relationship and have it end. How often do we really let people get in and see our soft tender underbellies? There is a big sense of vulnerability in doing that and then the person is suddenly not a part of you and your life anymore, it does create a void. But angel, I promise you...this isn't the last person you are ever going to love in your life.

Give yourself a certain amount of time to lick your wounds. I locked myself up in the room for a few days with some Kleenex, a comfy bed and U2 music. Don't make any drastic or super important descisions (now is not the time to chop off all of your hair for example) But don't leave yourself here...you got to remember that even though it might not feel like it right now, YOU are responsible for YOUR own happiness. If your happiness depends on anyone else, then you are giving them way too much power over your life....

If you ever need to talk you can email me. Seriously I mean it. Sometimes I feel like I'm Sgt. Pepper himself of the Lonely Hearts Club Band....I understand your feelings but I can also see your potential for wonderful new begginings....

:hug:
:heart:

Last edited:
I am totally emphasizing w/ you.My brother's wife just bailed. He is in so much agony. I want to help him so bad. His heart is broken. It is my understanding that there are 5 stages of grief in a break up, when you are dumped. ( I Know this was not your situation).

Denial
Mourning/grieving
Bargaining/trying to do things to bring back the relationship.
self loathing
acceptance

And one day when you least expect it you find yourself laughing at something.

Please know that the darkest hour is just before dawn. Hang in there sweetie!

Back
Top Bottom