I've had 2 USA Presidents in my office/shop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
Of course I wasn't actually there yet to enjoy this or meet them since it happened a few years ago, but I am secretly keeping hope alive for a third
smile.gif

I posted previously here that I was leaving my old job for a new one with the DOD. I am a civilian working for the Air Force. I can't say alot about this, but my shop is a very high visibility shop. President(s) Reagan and Bush (#41) both toured the facility in their prospective terms and spent considerable time in my shop!

I am hoping that #43 Bush will come by for a visit! I will wear my U2 Elevation shirt if he does, the one with the 4 band members on the front (white), and i'm sure he will recognize Bono and we'll talk about Bono when he comes to shake my hand.

It is pretty likely to happen, and I can't wait
smile.gif

z edge that is cool. You promise to tell us all about it when he does stop by?

and... what do you mean by shop? or is that classified???
wink.gif

OOh, Z Edge, I'm inpressed!

I want to join the USAF, but i dont think i can on account of some (mild) ailments of mine...They really wouldnt stop me from doing much - if any - work, but i bet they wouldnt accept me anyway.
frown.gif

So i'm very interested in learning about civilians who work with the military. Maybe i can do something like that someday, when i get my life straightened out...Sigh.
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Ha Ha pretzels GM
biggrin.gif

My "shop" is where things are "produced" in our little section of a giant facility.

I am not sure it WILL happen, (Bush's visit), I just have an unusually strong hunch plus his father and Reagan both came to tour the facility.

Also, there are other reasons.

Miss Mac, so sorry for you
frown.gif
Is this final?? You should try to apply at Civilian Personnel Office on base for a job. It is HELL to get on, but DAMN worth it if you are patient and organized. They have ALL different types of jobs available from time to time. Keep in mind, they do very thourough background investigations to their appointees, so honesty on applications is very important!

lol, that's cool...too bad you didn't get to talk to them
frown.gif

------------------
"Whenever you see this kind of darkness, there is an extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter." -Bono

"Why doesn't anyone molest him?" -My mom, when Bono was walking through the crowd at the halftime show

u2er@u2email.com

Why thank you brother Diamond. Are you still interested in that Secret Service detail, I'll see if Bono can recommend you to number 1 next time he goes for a handout
wink.gif

I see you already have your Dimonagent#code picked out: D69
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by z edge:
My "shop" is where things are "produced" in our little section of a giant facility.

Thx for clarifying.........

......... I guess it's just too classified for me to know.
frown.gif

Sorry Angel, thats a "yes" and "no" answer. I cannot discuss classified stuff on the net. For instance, 2 President's visiting is history. If Bush was to make a public visit, I would tell you after the fact and it would be on the news. If he made a private visit, then I couldn't say a word.

If Bono comes then I will shirley be able to say something
biggrin.gif

i have met one US president(Bush Sr.), one Canadian PM(Chretien), and a few provincial Premiers

Sweet Koby
smile.gif

Bush (#41) spoke to us in a hangar in S. Korea back in 1992, right before he puked in Japan
tongue.gif

He gave a GREAT speech, and I couldn't believe that I was in the same room as the PREZ!

I was way in the back though.

Miss Mac, so sorry for you
frown.gif
Is this final?? You should try to apply at Civilian Personnel Office on base for a job. It is HELL to get on, but DAMN worth it if you are patient and organized. They have ALL different types of jobs available from time to time. Keep in mind, they do very thourough background investigations to their appointees, so honesty on applications is very important!

Nah, I'm still keeping the door open as far as joining the AF is concerned. I'll still look into it.

And as far as background investigations go...er....they dont pay any attention to criminal charges or drug use or piddly little details like that, do they???
confused.gif

J/K...I've never actually been convicted of anything!
tongue.gif
wink.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 03-22-2002).]

You are required to pass a drug screen and physical prior to employment, and fill out a lenghty application package. You have to be VERY HONEST about everything because they WILL check the validity of the information you provide them.

Aside from any criminal records, they will also check things like your credit rating and see if you are delinquent on any debt to the government.

I wouldn't say if you have any issues here that you would be automatically disqualified, just be honest. I would take care of any debt issues prior to this, however. It also depends upon the job you seek, which you must provide proof of experience for.

The way to go would be to go into the actual air force first, then join the civilian sector later because you may be given prefrence in hiring
smile.gif
And by all means, go to every school they offer to send you to, if not COLLEGE.

The pay for the civilian side is a LOT higher than the active duty, with good benefits and less BS.

LOL, I just realized that I went from the army to the air force
cool.gif

Sweet Koby
smile.gif

Bush (#41) spoke to us in a hangar in S. Korea back in 1992, right before he puked in Japan
tongue.gif

He gave a GREAT speech, and I couldn't believe that I was in the same room as the PREZ!

I was way in the back though.

well he shook my hand, smiled at me and continued on. little did he know i was just a canadian kid visiting DC for the week
biggrin.gif
i was only 12 so it didn't really affect me and in hindsight i would have liked to have given a piece of ma mind on some issues, but we need not get into that here
smile.gif

LOL Koby, you had political issues at 12??? All of my issues at that age were selfish and (still are sometimes) had nothing to do with politics
smile.gif

Angel said:
z edge that is cool. You promise to tell us all about it when he does stop by?

Well he came by today!!!

BUT he didn't come to my office/shop, nor did he even enter my building:|

But he did land on my base for a while to go and do a political fundraiser and I saw him land in the big beautiful AIR FORCE ONE.

I saw them land and taxi to park, while we were not allowed outside we had a good view.

I am still hopeful towards the future. Here is a pic from today thanx to GM :der:

mdf96051.jpg

WOW!! Thats super cool, Z!!! Of all the presidents that have been around in my day, i would most like to meet Dubya. Too bad you didn't get to talk about Bono, though!

:up: :grin:

Ali Rose said:
WOW!! Thats super cool, Z!!! Of all the presidents that have been around in my day, i would most like to meet Dubya. Too bad you didn't get to talk about Bono, though!

:up: :grin:

Thanks ARose :hug:

mee too on meeting W.

___

:sick: :heart: ( :angry: )

Congrats!

Even though you techically didn't really meet, that's more than a lot can say! For example i have never been even remotely as close to our president.

(i have been in the same room with the chairman of our parliament though...'twas a school visit where we'd ask various questions and he answered - most of us girls didn't pay that much attention because he's, well, pretty young for a politician and cute!)
:D

Back
Top Bottom