i've become one of those djs who cuts off a song before it's over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
i'm a half hour into my radio show already, and i just did the thing i swore i'd NEVER do. i just cut off afi--this celluloid dream, in order to get my station i.d. in on time.

i HATE when i'm listening to the radio and a dj cuts off a song. i can't beleive i just did it :reject:

hardly, there was 30 seconds left, i had 2 minutes before i had to get the station i d in....

i'm enjoying the fact that i get to listen to the velvet underground now though...and it's 7 minutes, so i have time to catch up on getting all the short punk songs written down on the playlist...

to hell with you and the horse you rode in on!!! :angry:

just joking
kidding!

That sucks, but at least you have your own radio show. That would kick ass!

Of course, with my eclectic taste in music, my audience would probably be like :scratch: :scratch: :no: and then change the station! :lol:

:sad: never be forgiven? it's my faovurite song on the album.

and wertise, you mean people listen to shows on the radio? what audience? i don't think that anyone around here has similar taste in music to me that they'd stick around for more than 10 minutes at a time...the only people i've evertalked to with close ot the same taste in music live scattered across the country (u2popmofo being one of them)

IWasBored said:
the only people i've evertalked to with close ot the same taste in music live scattered across the country (u2popmofo being one of them)

I rule

Last edited:
and please don't ever utter the following phrases...

"two-for-tuesday"
"u2-for-tuesday"
"get the Led out"
"... and before that we had the latest from Joey Fatone"

Oh... and don't become one of those DJs who tries to play off call in requests as if they're happening live... yeah... ok... you just happened to have the exact record this person that's calling in wanted you to play qued up and ready to go before the person called, to the point where you can start playing the intro to the track while the person is still on the phone requesting that track. If jocks have these future predicting powers, why are they radio jocks and not multiple time lotto winners?

Last edited:
i don't get requests :sad:

and i leave the random yelling over songs for the guy on the air before me...scares the hell out of me while i'm in the studio looking for stuff to play on my show and he just belts out something really loud

Back
Top Bottom