It's never happened before but.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dismantled

Blue Crack Addict
a song made me cry...I listened to Mothers of the Disappeared and I just teared up....the song is so beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time.....I think this song hits home with all the stuff happening in this world.

Mothers of the Disappeared
Midnight, our sons and daughters
Were cut down and taken from us.
Hear their heartbeat
We hear their heartbeat.

In the wind we hear their laughter
In the rain we see their tears.
Hear their heartbeat, we hear their heartbeat.

Night hangs like a prisoner
Stretched over black and blue.
Hear their heartbeats
We hear their heartbeats.

In the trees our sons stand naked
Through the walls our daughter cry
See their tears in the rainfall.

feel free to move this thread if it doesn't belong here...but I thought it was a confession:wink: ..I usually never confess to crying:wink:

Hey the same thing happened to me this year! The same song even. I was just listening to it one time, and thinking about the events that "inspired" (such a positive word for such a negative thing) that song.

I didn't really cry, that's not me, but it's hard for me to listen to this song.

This is the one U2 song that always makes me cry. The last few moments of the song are so beautiful and touching, that I always imagine the people who were murdered having their souls entering heaven and finding peace. (For anyone who doesn't know, this song is about the people who were captured and killed in the middle of the night in South America for opposing the tyrannic governments. Their mothers never knew what happened to them).

May those people rest in peace.

I recently sang karoake at a hip nightclub and guess what they had? Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own!
My mother died in 2003 of cancer and so I decided to sing this song and I think in the third verse, I started to choke up and cry. Nevertheless I kept on and sang it with such emotion that some of my friends started tearing up.
After the song finished, everyone in the bar stood on their feet and gave a standing ovation. I had to apologize for my outbreak after the song, but it was very touching. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom