It's been a long while...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madamc

Refugee
...since I've listened to a U2 album.

I'm into Duran Duran now..been listening to them for many days straight this week.

U2 just doesn't interest me anymore.
I was at someone's house with cable TV...and U2 Slane special was playing, and I only watched 2 minutes of it, and lost interest.

Am I alone?:eyebrow:

Hmmm...Well, I haven't lost INTEREST in U2, but I've been listening to a lot of other stuff lately...Mostly older stuff like James Taylor, The Beatles, The Monkees, The Mamas and the Papas...I haven't listened to U2 much at ALL lately, but when I start to do it again I know it'll be great.

60s music is really good. Eric Burdon and the Animals are great!

I haven't really lost interest in U2, but I haven't been listening to them very much lately either. In fact, I haven't been listening to much lately. The only time I've been listening to current music on the radio, is when I'm in my car, and that's usually only for about 10-15 minutes per day, and usually I'm listening to this new dance station, or the oldies station. I don't really like the station that plays 'alternative' music here anymore, since they changed their format and the dj's have gotten so obnoxious.

I know I haven't lost interest in U2, cuz I point out to my co-workers at work whenever U2 is on the Musak :sexywink: (except in my office in the back I can't hear the Musak (sp?), just when I go to the front of the store)

You're not alone.. I don't ever listen to U2 (and really hope I don't get flamed for saying that). The Strokes and The White Stripes stole my heart - and it's more fun getting involved with active bands that have albums out now and are touring... :dance:

I hardly listen to U2 anymore either. The last time I listened was about a month ago, on a train on a warm, sunny day, travelling through some of the most beautiful countryside in the country and listening to Beautiful Day.

it's an Easter Bilby, an Austrailian animal. :cute:

Ask Salome about it :wink:

I was wondering when someone would say something about my sig :cute:

madamc said:
I'm into Duran Duran now..been listening to them for many days straight this week.
:applaud:

that's never a bad thing! :D

they're all i've been listening to too, them and the band japan. i just made a new mix cd for myself today. i always use my mp3 player when i'm in my car, but i usually have to drive my mom's car to work (heh, not like i mind, my car is an 89 camry, hers is an 03 matrix, such a sacrifice on my part). her car has no auxiliary plug, so i have to rely on radios and cds. :shifty:

I listened to parts of ATYCLB and AB the other day. Lately though, I've mostly been listening to Ryan Adams, The White Stripes, Jesse Malin, Depeche Mode, and Leona Naess.

duran duran recorded a song called "khanada" once, right? i would swear that i once owned the import. it had a cover of david bowie's "fame" on the other side. the cover of the album was all white, with a tiny picture of the girl from the "careless memories" video on it. i remember this. i was a simon girl, by the way.

bonosgirl84 said:
duran duran recorded a song called "khanada" once, right? i would swear that i once owned the import. it had a cover of david bowie's "fame" on the other side. the cover of the album was all white, with a tiny picture of the girl from the "careless memories" video on it. i remember this. i was a simon girl, by the way.
:eek: i can't believe you remembered all that! but yes, everything you said is correct. i bought the single, cuz i wanted to own khanada on vinyl.

but i also own all of dd's singles...just the ones from the fab five incarnation, though. :uhoh:

Attachments

• carelessmemories.jpg
    carelessmemories.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 25
yep. that's her, the careless memories girl.
remember the flowers thown against the wall in the video?
god, i was a HUGE duran duran fan.

:laugh: yes!!! there's some stills inside their first album. it's very funny.

fwiw, the band didn't want to release that song as their second single. however, the record company forced them to release it anyway, and they ended up releasing it anyway. combine that with a campy, horrible video (apparantly the one we saw in the states was better than the one they saw in england back in 81) - and the single bombed, at least compared to how well planet earth did.

just a little tidbit. :D

i remember in the press there was this horrible story of how simon's engagement to claire stansfield, i think it was, was ruined by angry fans or something. the poor girls just couldn't bear the thought of him getting married. such high drama back then, i swear, and we believed it all...and then they played the forum in los angeles, where i lived at the time, and i was too young to go. i have the old recordings somewhere, i should dig them out...ok. here they are. it's a very old orange cassette tape that i wrote "KIQQ welcomes duran duran to los angeles, february 3, 4, 5 1984."

my god, this tape is old. i wonder if it still works. i don't even own a cassette player to find out :scream: oh no, here's another one...man, i wish you could see this. this one says "duran duran live in concert august 5 1984"

i'll have to go get a cassette player and give these a lissen. :up:

ooh yes i remember the engagement to claire. i remember she was from canada, and i guess a model, since that's all any of them seem capable of dating. :der:

at least andy married a hairdresser. :der:

omigor you don't have a tape player?! hehe...i have all methods of audio playback: record player, tape player, cd player...i don't really have a lot of tapes or anything but most home stereos come with them - or at least it's an inexpensive option - so i figure why not?

anyway, i don't remember why him and claire broke up or anything, but i remember him mentioning in some interview that while the two of them lived together, he was still carting off to see the lady in the HLTW video. :eek: and how he sort of picked yasmin out of a magazine, the way you'd order shoes or something. how romantic! :slant:

hmm.. I also have tmes when I listen a LOT to U2 and when I don't listen to them at all
it comes and goes with mood and situation
but I can surely say.. in the end, it sums up to me being a U2 fan and them being my fav band
I don't think one has to listen to their fav band all the time (or think about them all the time)
I mean, I haven't been to a U2 concert yet *sobs*
but to 2 BonJovi (3rd aout to come), Tina turner, Rolling Stones, Micael Jackson and soon Robbie Williams
There are times when I am reall yinto Metallica, or Red Hot Chilies... yet U2 in the end are my favs
Would't it be kind of sad if you devote your entire life to juste ONE music?? A bit boring eh?

bonosgirl84 said:
yep. that's her, the careless memories girl.
remember the flowers thown against the wall in the video?
god, i was a HUGE duran duran fan.
oh, btw, i was bored today and remembering this, and i went and found my cd and saw this...

no simon, no, put the flowers down...
3374277523232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E232338%3A598356ot1lsi

AHHHHHHHH!!
3374277523232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D883%3D636%3Dxroqdf%3E232338%3A598358ot1lsi

sorry, i'm bored. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom