Is this what it's all about????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neverman

The Fly
Been wayyy too long since my last confession....

I was troubled by the 60 Minutes story about how fast the ice caps are melting, and the problems this is going to cause, and is already causing around the world.

Then, I watched another program about how scientists are planning to "heat up" Mars so that the human race will have somewhere to go when this planet can no longer sustain us.
(Heating up mars will create water and an atmosphere that humans can live in the scientists said)

I am troubled by what I hear and see lately. Yet, I contribute to this problem a whole lot as I drive all day long around town for my job. I have this nagging question in my head that says "is making a buck all this life is about?"

It feels like greed has taken place of being a good steward to the earth.....and it looks like maybe soon we will all have to pay back this debt.

Sorry to seem gloomy, but jayyyyyssuuss.......it seems kinda hopeless.

I know what you mean. It seems like we learn about global warming in almost every course I am taking this year.

What's most scary is that we've already screwed things up and we've set something in motion that's just gonna continue adding onto itself.

But then, the cynic in me thinks that this is basically just a result of evolution.....

And sorry to correct, but it's not quite heating up mars, it's more that they would produce an artificial magnetic field (like Earth's - what causes a compass to point north) which will allow for an atmosphere to be held by the planet.

This is very cryptic, but we'll probably be dead by the time anything really serious goes wrong.

briarrose said:
This is very cryptic, but we'll probably be dead by the time anything really serious goes wrong.

I see the point, but that still makes you think

So maybe it means I have my head stuck up my own ass, and yes, I am concerned about the environment, and I do what I can to conserve. But I will be dead long before anything drastic happens, so I try not too worry about and just live my life as best I can.

starsgoblue said:
I thought the Hokey Pokey was what it was all about. :confused:

i was going to say this but we arent supposed to joke around in this forum :tsk:

It would have been more serious if he didn't run his urine through the purifier.

My sociology proffesor is involved in a large group that is deciding how space will be used residnetially in the future. He talked to us about the magnet thing and also his theories that Japan is going to colonize the moon and use it as a place for buggy races.

Also Dennis Hopper's eye was rather serious.

I think about this all the time :reject:

the human race will die off eventually right? :shrug:
but I doubt that all the crazy stuff will be during our lifetime. probably in the next century technology will evolve and whatnot, but for now, we can worry all we want, and either way it won't affect us during the years that we have left on this planet. :)

Thanks for all of your responses to this confession.....they have been thought provoking.

A bit off topic, but I really don't mind silliness or light hearted replies to anything I post anywhere in the forums or my journal, so long as the responses are not mean spirited.

I appreciate all of you.....and don't forget, buy as much stock in life preservers as you can...and take swimming lessons!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom