Is there anyone out there who is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoz

War Child
truly alone?

I mean truly alone. Let me tell you what that means:

-No love.
-If you die now and no one but your close family shows up, if that.
-No friends. Coworkers and people you just say 'hi' to don't really count unless you hangout with them.

Just wondering if there are people like those out there?

Let's bloody well hope not. To me, this is the worst possible thing, and I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. And when I say anyone, I really do mean that. That encompasses all the good and bad souls of the world. I get worked up about this at times, specifically the 'love' side of things, but then I remember, well I am only 18, and there's plenty of people out there I'm assuming who were unlucky but then ended up in happy relationships, and also that there's always someone who's worse off.

Out of curiosity, bonoz, why do you ask? Do you know someone like this, or are you wondering what's it like to be alone?

I feel so alone at times.
I feel like I don't belong in so many situations.
No one would ever guess.
I hide it well.

I have my children, without them, I would not be here.
If it wasn't for them, I would have done away with myself long ago.
But they are adults now.
I feel sad because I have been misunderstood and lied about.
People have abandoned me because of these lies, and I hurt so bad.
But because of my honor and my promise to keep quiet, the lies and rumors won out.

I feel sad because of the friends I lost.
I feel alone because of the lies these people believed.
I wish, just for once, they would ask me for the truth...or my version of the truth/story...
just so I could feel at peace.

I don't know if I am making sense, but I have hurt for so long.
So long.

:sad:

^Your making plenty of sense, I find it often feels like being left behind by everyone else:hug:

Aloneness, can be quite a difficult thing to deal with....is it how you are feeling yourself now Bonoz?

I think i've dealt with bouts of feeling like that, but luckily I come through them.

i have felt alone. i think there is a point in life wen we all go through that sense of lonliness. but once you refocus on whats important in life and all the people around you that goes right off.

Being alone and being lonely are two different things.
I know both of them very well.
For me, the feeling of being different, not being like other people and therefore often being left behind or outside is a feeling I've known since early childhood.
Loneliness could be heartbreaking at times.
I have found it very hard to connect with other people.
Or to realize you have no one to confide in.
There are times when I feel like that.
But there are also times when I don't feel like that at all, when I open up to people and just allow them to become part of my life.
Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's easier.
And I don't think anyone could live without LOVE. There's always love inside of you, sometimes you just need to open up, upen your arms, your house, your heart.
My feeling is that I'm genuinly alone, that's just part of who I am, but sometimes it is possible to be less alone, to surround myself with people whose presence I truly appreciate and who help me to overcome the loneliness, at least for some time.

Being alone and being lonely are indeed two very different things. As for being alone, only YOU can change that. Been there, done that. I also believe things happen in our lives. There was reason for the period in my life when I was alone and for when I felt lonely. But I've changed all that and couldn't be happier or more fulfilled. If you are lonely and want to change, just reach out and get some help. :hug: It's there for the taking.

Aloneness, can be quite a difficult thing to deal with....is it how you are feeling yourself now Bonoz?

I was wondering that myself. Are you feeling really down about something at the moment Bonoz? I know a few people who have a tendency to let one bad thing bring them down in all aspects of their lives, things that may not have bothered them before tend to take over their lives because this one thing has changed their outlook on life. If you do feel like this you should talk about it, even if it is just on this, sometimes strangers give you better advice than people who know you a little better. I hope if it is the case that you are feeling this way, you can work through it and everything turns out ok :hug:

I'm in a phase right now where I'm feeling really lonely and frustrated, because things in my life don't really work out the way they should and I'm in a very difficult job situation. The thing that makes me feel really lonely is that there seems to be no one who can give me a really good advice or help me out with an important decision or at least give me some comfort. I tend to let little things become big and take me down. It's a mistake to stay alone with issues like that because, at least in my case, they develop a live of their own and just become too big to be solved. When you open up a bit to other people and listen to what they have to say, it becomes easier. Otherwise you have the impression that you're all alone with your problems and no one understands or can help or offer really helpful advide (sweet self pity :wink:). Sometimes it's hard for me to tell other people what I'm going through, because I'm used to be the strong one outside and not let my feelings show. At the moment I'm going through such a phase where I'm hesitant to open up, but at the same time it sucks so much being alone with all this stuff. In the end, it's impossible to me to make a sensible decision because the more I think about it the less I know what to do. It's just going round and round in my head all the time and I'm getting depressed to a point where I don't want to get up in the morning any more.

Sometimes it's hard for me to tell other people what I'm going through, because I'm used to be the strong one outside and not let my feelings show. At the moment I'm going through such a phase where I'm hesitant to open up, but at the same time it sucks so much being alone with all this stuff. In the end, it's impossible to me to make a sensible decision because the more I think about it the less I know what to do. It's just going round and round in my head all the time and I'm getting depressed to a point where I don't want to get up in the morning any more.

Parallel lives LU :hug: :hug: :hug:

^^ :hug: :hug: :hug: N&D and anyone else who needs one too . . .

I'm not technically "alone", but most of my friends are people I've met through music, and they live in other places, so the communication chain probably wouldn't reach them. This thread has actually had me thinking for a while now.

Tonight I made up a spreadsheet of how to contact the friends that my family wouldn't know to call and other ways to contact people, like through my email, MySpace and Facebook. It was weird to do, but it felt good to be putting together a way to get everyone together in case something ever happens. All I need to do is put it in a place where it can be found.

For many years, I felt alone even though I had a decent amount of friends. I worked at a job where I was the only employee on the job site during the shift and I would help hundreds of customers a day for between 8-12 hours. For most of my shift, I was busy, but at night it would get slow and I'd start to lose my mind and have long conversations with myself. Yes, there were plenty of times when there was another employee around, but once they wrapped up their shift, they left for the day. Don't get me wrong, I liked working alone. I had a system for everything and no one else interfered. I enjoyed being my own boss and the way I dealt with customers. Our store was open everyday of the year including holidays. Many times, I'd get stuck working on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's Eve. That's when you get lonely. Everyone's out having a party while you were stuck working. I would make the best of it, but it still sucked. Thankfully, I'm no longer at that job and I haven't worked a holiday in years. :happy:

First off, to everyone who has expressed a bit of something personal in this thread.. :hug: :hug: :hug:. Thank you for speaking. :hug: :hug:

truly alone?

I mean truly alone. Let me tell you what that means:

-No love.
-If you die now and no one but your close family shows up, if that.
-No friends. Coworkers and people you just say 'hi' to don't really count unless you hangout with them.

Just wondering if there are people like those out there?

The question is no whether you are truly alone.. but whether you choose to be alone or you are alone.
In a religious/spiritual point of view, you are never alone. Never. I don't want to force anything upon anyone, but all I say is that God is always there no matter the circumstances. So, in a spiritual sense, you are never alone.
If you die now... well, that's something we don't want happening, buddy. Haha. So I don't even want to talk about that.

I used to be so alone.. empty and heartless inside. Even when friends said they'd be there, when the time came, they weren't. It hurt so much.
I remember sitting in my car with the gas running for hours, completely blazed outta my mind, then thinking to myself.. if I took my cell phone out right now and called every person in my phonebook for help, who would come to save me?

The thing is that being alone physically means nothing. Being alone spiritually is everything.

Finding Christ in your life is really the only way to experience true and unconditional love. I can't explain it and I don't want to say anything else that would further upset any other believers here, so yeah. But if you are sincerely feeling alone, feel free to talk to someone here. You can trust us. U2 fans are the most compassionate of all. Just remember that no matter what, a superior being, whoever it may be, is watching you and is with you at all times. :) :hug:

Finding Christ in your life is really the only way to experience true and unconditional love.

You obviously dont have kids then?

I am pretty much alone. Have been for 6 yrs.....apart from two days per 14 days when my kids come to stay.
I can go months at a time without having adult interaction. Its not unusual for me to not set foot across my door for almost two weeks at a time. The only reason I do is because i have to get food in for my kids coming to stay. I have my mates etc, just they are wrapped up in their own lives...and seem to forget what being a friend is all about

But then, are you really alone if you do have friends yet you're just not feeling "satisfied" with them. Surely having friends is better than having no friends despite them not coming to your "rescue".

And this thread isn't about spiritual social life. It's about just having a life or people who know you exist.

sometimes you feel its yourself to blame. You wonder why you never have, and if you ever will fit into society. You question yourself, from your looks to personality.

the results are always in how you present yourself to the world.

I work with a girl who is kinda like this. She hangouts with me and my other coworkers sometimes. I try to invite her out with us, but the other girl's don't. She is a really nice girl and I try to include her bcause sometimes she seems sad and depressed and I want her to feel like she can talk to me about anything. She is not an open person and has no one else to talk to.

I think it is my place to help her. The people who can't be helped need help the most. About the socialize thing, she is very shy and doesn't communicate well with others, so it is hard for her to make friends.

You obviously dont have kids then?

Or pets?

Especially growing up, my dogs were the unconditional friends that I could always turn to. I could tell them secrets, when I was sad they would sit with me and they could make me laugh. Some may argue that it's not the same - but losing my dogs, both of them, have left a huge hole in my heart that cannot be filled. Only soothed by the care of others.

I could go on, but I'd rather not at the moment. I will say, however, that we all feel alone sometimes.
:hug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom