Is it possible to get a beautiful girl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windmilllane

War Child
There is this girl who is simply stunning. She is actually a beauty queen who has entered many beauty contests. She is downright beautiful with a nice and sweet personality.

The problem is, I am ugly. There is no chance she would be interested in me. This bothers me a lot, because there is no way an average looking guy can interest a beautiful girl. Absolutely no way.

You shouldn't assume that just because someone is good looking that they are only attracted to other good looking people. Yes it may be easier for her than most people to pick up really hot men, but who's to say she's only interested in looks because of that? Perhaps even because she has the ability to get with pretty much anyone she wants she's learnt that some attractive men don't have the personality to match.. and therefore is more interested in personality than looks. You shouldn't just dismiss any chance you have with her just because you think you're ugly. Anyway, who's to judge what is ugly and what is pretty? Other than the beauty contest judges :wink: ... but seriously what's ugly to one person can be beautiful to another. I think you're overestimating the importance of looks in this situation. Go for it, get to know her as a friend first, find out more about her and you'll soon see whether she's interested back :up:

{paintedroses} said:
You shouldn't assume that just because someone is good looking that they are only attracted to other good looking people. Yes it may be easier for her than most people to pick up really hot men, but who's to say she's only interested in looks because of that? Perhaps even because she has the ability to get with pretty much anyone she wants she's learnt that some attractive men don't have the personality to match.. and therefore is more interested in personality than looks. You shouldn't just dismiss any chance you have with her just because you think you're ugly. Anyway, who's to judge what is ugly and what is pretty? Other than the beauty contest judges :wink: ... but seriously what's ugly to one person can be beautiful to another. I think you're overestimating the importance of looks in this situation. Go for it, get to know her as a friend first, find out more about her and you'll soon see whether she's interested back :up:

I appreciate the advice, but if you're ugly, you're ugly. Would it look right if Angelina Jolie dated Bill Maher. Or Jennifer Anniston dated Carrot Top. Or Eva Longoria dated Lewis from Revenge of the Nerds.

No. Of course not.

Thats not relevant. You can't assume that pretty girls are shallow. I'm sure they would find that very insulting.

Women generally respond to power and men who wield it, in its many forms. This power can be several different things including the following:

Looks, as you suggested. This can always get women sexually interested.

Money, a pretty obvious one and a way where ugly guys frequently end up with good looking women. By being with men with money, the women can overlook the visual completely, since many other needs are satisfied with financial stability that a wealthy man may have.

Job status, where if a guy is in a higher position in a company or industry, a woman could take interest in them, knowing the man can help elevate her in her own career.

Humor. Women respond a lot to humor and ugly guys who have good humor may also have pretty good personalities. The humor may get the woman initially interested and if there is a good personality behind it, it certainly can be good enough for them to overlook the visual.

Psychological power. Many guys treat women terribly, yet the women stay with them. The women are subconsciously responding to the fact that they generally respond to a man who is in control and who takes charge. A lot of times guys play up on the insecurities women feel and exert a control over them. Even ugly guys frequently are able to do this.

Having self confidence is the most important thing for any guy to attract women, though.

Of course all pretty girls are shallow.

Just think for moment:

You a girl. You are pretty. You can be a model, that's how pretty you are. You see an average or ugly looking guy, and you think, "Yuck. Why would I go out with you?? :yikes: You are ugly. I am a beautiful. I want a guy who is just as hot as me."

The same goes for all women, for that matter. If they see an average or ugly guy, they will say, "why waste my time? I can do way better than this dorky loser."

And there you have it. My experience with women.

You have posted this kind of stuff before. I agree that you're not going to get anywhere with an attitude like that. Why are you always calling yourself ugly?? And why do you have it so strong in your mind that pretty girls only date hot guys?? That's ridiculous. Looks are not everything. I know of plenty of good looking girls that date not so good looking guys, and vice versa. Looks might be the first thing that attracts each other to one another, but it is by far all that matters. Most girls I know would prefer to date a guy who is sensitive, funny, trustworthy and understanding than hot. Maybe you need to move ... :eyebrow:

ok, i'll try to be serious.

no matter what they might say, women judge the 'hotness' of men differently than men judge women. looks don't matter as much for women.

another thing: a girl as beautiful as she is probably has guys falling for her left and right, and she's bored of those guys. if you get to know her, but pretend like you don't want to get in her pants, then she'll be worried/intruiged. she's not a superhuman goddess, free of human emotions. she's just a girl.

Halup, do you mind me asking if you're male or female? I think all your points are true, though I think some are a lot more important to women than others. I think a sense of humour, a good personality and looks are more sought after than the other three, at least with girls I know.

Windmilllane, how old is this girl?

Halup said:
Having self confidence is the most important thing for any guy to attract women, though.

Everybody I have talked have said the same thing. It's all about confidence.

Bullshit.

It's about looks. Looks and only looks.

Windmilllane said:
Is it possible to get a beautiful girl?

Why even ask if you're so convinced the answer is no?! Of course it's possible, but definitely not if you have that attitude. Are you even serious?

Windmilllane said:
Of course all pretty girls are shallow.

oh yes, i'm SURE you can't get girls because of your looks and that it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you say things like this.

:eyebrow:

Mate get into an activity or something...personally i think you need some more female friends...maybe that would change your very stubborn view...as PR has said why bother asking when you are already convinced the answer is no?

bonosgirl84 said:

oh yes, i'm SURE you can't get girls because of your looks and that it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you say things like this.

:lol: :up:

Windmilllane said:
To answer your question, she is 23 years old. She is Italian and very exotic looking, but stunningly beautiful.

What age are you?

Sicy said:
You have posted this kind of stuff before. I agree that you're not going to get anywhere with an attitude like that.

Exactly. No offense but the only shallow one I've seen so far are your views on men and women in general.

Windmilllane said:
To answer your question, she is 23 years old. She is Italian and very exotic looking, but stunningly beautiful.

Do you know her yet, or just admire her from afar?

Sicy said:
You have posted this kind of stuff before.

what are there more threads of.....this or whats the name of the band/song before U2 plays?

seriously though, Yes looks matter. They seem to matter more to guys than girls though. That attraction is really only relevant if its a chance meeting. If you have known someone for a bit that attraction can grow from emotions. (if he/she is funny, smart, or is the best nostril wiggler in your home state.)

I have dated some very nice, intelligent and yes very beautiful women and im not exactly Antonio Banderas.

I actually look more like Russell Crowe:wink:

just stop kicking dirt on yourself.

Windmilllane said:

I appreciate the advice, but if you're ugly, you're ugly. Would it look right if Angelina Jolie dated Bill Maher. Or Jennifer Anniston dated Carrot Top. Or Eva Longoria dated Lewis from Revenge of the Nerds.

No. Of course not.

Julia Roberts married or at least dated Lyle Lovett.

Looks are important no doubt. It sucks but it's true. the thing is though, what's beautiful to one person may not be so for another. Same goes for "ugliness" Haven't you ever noticed how many beautiful women have dorky looking boyfriends? I notice it all the time . Another thing I've noticed over the years is that nobody, man or woman, is attracted to a bad attitude. Think about that.:wink:

Windmilllane said:
I should move to California, where Superficiality rules.

You know I am totally right. Everybody in Cali is shallow and superficial.

Well its no wonder you cant get a girl. :down:

I wouldnt even bother continuing this discussion.. this is absolutely pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom