Is it bad....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
....that my ideal Christmas Eve is me (and Phil if he's around) in my warm bed with my cats, eating my favorite junk food, and watching some sappy, holiday-esque movie like Love Actually with my Christmas tree scented candles lit? I mean, as opposed to being at my parents with my family or partying with friends?

Now that everything is Christmas-this, Christmas-that, all I'm really looking forward too is some time by myself where I'm not doing homework or worrying about doing homework....

I don't think it's really a bad thing. As long as you're not like that all the time. I get that way myself, maybe even more so at times - I can be a bit of a homebody at times. I don't see anything wrong with a peaceful, relaxing evening.

For Honor said:
I don't think it's really a bad thing. As long as you're not like that all the time. I get that way myself, maybe even more so at times - I can be a bit of a homebody at times. I don't see anything wrong with a peaceful, relaxing evening.

heh, I kind of am like that all the time....I'd rather stay home and hang out, either on my own, with my boyfriend, or with housemates/friends than go out. My mom always says I need a lot of "down time". :shrug:

I don't really know why it is, and I'm perfectly happy, it just popped into my mind as everyone was discussing Christmas plans this weekend. Everyone else seems to want to travel and do this and that so they can see every family memeber and friend and be everywhere at once and I.....just want to stay home in bed and snuggle with whatever cat or significant other is available.

Sounds great to me. I realised Thanksgiving (I seem to realise it every holiday :reject: ) that I really like being alone most of the time.

I'm not completely antisocial, but I find for me that a little bit of other people around goes a long way. :shrug:

honey, you have a person like you right here. I used to want to do that all through christmas! Now that I have Tim he is added into the picture with me on the couch in a big blanket watching a movie with a hot drink :drool:
Ive always been one of those people that recharges alone :yes: Im going to assume that we're not weird :shifty:

i think that sounds fun! :up: nothing wrong with spending christmas eve alone- i'm sure you'll be spending the actual christmas day with your family! i, too, like to spend time alone- in fact, i have plans a few nights this week, but all i really want to do is get under my comforter and read the novel i've been trying to finish! :wink: nothing wrong with it, i suppose, as long as other time is spent with friends/family... :)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
....that my ideal Christmas Eve is me (and Phil if he's around) in my warm bed with my cats, eating my favorite junk food, and watching some sappy, holiday-esque movie like Love Actually with my Christmas tree scented candles lit? I mean, as opposed to being at my parents with my family or partying with friends?

Now that everything is Christmas-this, Christmas-that, all I'm really looking forward too is some time by myself where I'm not doing homework or worrying about doing homework....

Sounds like a perfect Christmas to me. I'd be all about that! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom