Is 2005 going to stop sucking anytime soon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfeden

Refugee
calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decembe
in the sig file as everyone can see, my dog Mali died earlier this year.. in some of those pictures curled up with Mali is a grey and white cat, Timmain... we adopted her in February of 1995, 10 years ago last month... she was an adult cat and had one kitten left of her 5 week old litter, still nursing and too young to go home without mama, so home from the shelter they both came... she could be anywhere from 12-14 years old now.

Last week my vet diagnosed her with lymphoma and there's nothing we can do but keep her comfortable as long as possible. she has a tumor on her back leg that abscessed and I've had to clean it 3x/day to keep it draining... I hate being the "bad guy" to her because she doesn't like it being messed with... the 'gross' factor doesn't bother me since I've been in emergency medicine so long but it makes me sick to know she's hurting and I'm causing it by cleaning the wound.

She's the oldest cat of ours... her "kitten" is a strapping 10 year old now, the only boy and the biggest chicken of all of them... I don't know what he's going to do when she's gone. They've been inseparable since he was born. He's not as close to the other cats.

We sign up for this heartache, when we bring them into our lives... it's so easy to forget at the time that we'll pay this price; enchanted by bright eyes and fuzzy tails and affectionate furry faces against our own, the day we'll lose them seems an eternity away.

2005 has been one gigantic suck so far. I need the re-set button pressed, let me go back and start this over -- please......

:hug: wolfeden :hug: As for signing up for the heartache, you're certainly right.... but isn't all the in-between time worth it? :up:
I still miss my first "baby", Sage - he was almost 12 & has been gone for 3 years now. (I'm getting teary-eyed just typing this.) Even as much as it still hurts missing him, I wouldn't give up the 11 years we had with him for anything in this world. :no: If we didn't care, they wouldn't matter and regarless what else we may overlook in our lives, our babies ALWAYS matter!

And when you find the reset button for 2005, PLEEEEEEASE punch it once for me! I definately wouldn't mind a "do-over" on what we've had so far this year. :huh:

i am so sorry about your precious pup and now your kitty. Spend as much time as you can with her. even tho she doesn't like what you are doing, i'm sure she knows you are trying to help her.

hang in there. yes, we do sign up for it, and they give us so much more than we could ever ask for.

<<hugs>>

I'm sorry wolfeden :hug:

You are so right, we do sign up for it. Sometimes it all seems to end in a blink of an eye, doesn't it? I wish you better times yet to come. Nothing people can say can change what you're feeling, but sometimes it helps just to let it out.

I'm sorry. :( It's horrible to lose pets.
*sending good kitty vibes your way*
Hang in there.

I just had to put one of my cats to sleep a couple of weeks ago. Earl was only six. He had a tumor on his spine. It's so hard to face, but as my vet always says, it's the last most kind thing you can do for your pet. Earl had 4 1/2 very happy years here, and I was able to make sure he didn't suffer at the end.

As hard as it is right now, that's what you have to remember. You've made a huge positive impact in you pets lives and it's so much better that they have someone who loves then enough to cry for them.

It's so hard to lose a loved one, be it a human family member or an animal that's become a member of your family. Yes, you're inevitably going to get the heartache of losing them, but think of all of the good times you've had that would have been impossible if you'd never had the pet. I hope your year gets better, 2004 was an unbelievably bad year for me and until recently 2005 wasn't going much better. Your luck will change, mine did, it always does.

Mourning is good. When you care about something, then it's fair to have some remorse.

but don't forget that you are alive in the present, and with that comes the oppertunity for different kinds of love.

I'm sure you loved ones would want you to be happy, and that they are greatful for all your love.

Sometimes the best way to make a loved one proud
is to live.

I'm very sorry to hear about your dear kitty. My two furry boys are just like my children to me. May the memories of all the joy, love, and happiness she has brought to your life over the years bring you comfort.:hug:

Oh My God.
I remember your (sad) post for Mali and now Timmain, so sorry.
Remember the happy times with our loved little four legged friends.

:hug:
thanks all of you for kind words and thoughts..

Went back to the vet today, she has lost over half a pound in less than a week, so I'm now hand feeding her whatever catches her interest, as often as possible. Her old favorite, turkey.. still seems to be irresistable to her so this gives me some hope.
Next week some tests will come back and we'll know more.
She has been "Mama cat" in our household for a decade... fussing over us, always knew when one of us didn't feel well, she'd hover nearby and wait til we lay down, and then curl up next to us like a nursemaid.. now it's our turn to fuss over her.
It's all I can do, now.

Ahh wolfeden :sad:

I read your story when your dog died and I could relate so much because my beloved dog passed away at the end of January. She was 12 years old and I had to basically nurse her through the last month and a half of her life. She was my baby.

I'm lucky though because I still have her daughter and her husband :wink: who are both older dogs too but they are in good health right now.

I also have two cats and love them both alot too. I can't imagine having to go through another illness and death of another "family member" so soon after your other loss.

It is worth it though. I don't think I could ever go without having animals in my home. Even with all the pain of losing one. It is still worth it.

Take care. :hug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom