Irrational Fears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also dislike the picture of the spider :down:

Dismantled said:

:yikes:

Landing is the best:drool: I love hearing the seatbelt bell ding and feeling the plane descend........back .....to..........earth:bow:

i get all :sad: when i land cause the flight's over:wink: although just after you touchdown when the brakes and flaps are all engaged you get a pretty good sensation then too:drool: :drool:

No that's not that common to be afraid that way! That is a normal primal extinct for humans , we are a creature that likes life and we hate pain because we feel so much from all senses, i think it is normal for you to feel that way because you are young.

My previous post was meant for this guy! If you are wondering what i'm on about!!

Irvine511 said:
this is perhaps a bit more serious, but i have an irrational fear not of death itself, but of the process of dying. does that make sense? this exists in two ways -- first, i am terrified of dying a violent death, like from a car crash or airplane crash. i find myself, in quiet and reflective moments, wondering if you are aware, and if you are, how does it feel, when your neck might snap, or your skull is crushed, or your ribs break and shatter and your internal organs are turned to mush and lacerated by broken bones. stuff like that. so that's the intense, primal, physical fear, and that's gruesome, i know and i apologize. the other thing i fear is the moment when you feel like you must know that you're dying, when you might feel it slipping away ... i suppose it's kind of like the moment right before you wake up and you can feel yourself coming out of a dream and leaving sleep, except you must be aware, on some level, that you're dying and you're going to depart consciousness and the world and there's no turning back. the lack of control, and the finality of it, are deeply terrifying to me. so i'm not scared to die, per say, but i am scared of the process of dying.

sorry if that comes off as all psycho and what not, but whatever ...

I have a few bizarre irrational fears I'm too embarrassed to share :happy:. I guess the major one is my fear that there are sharks/crocodiles in my pool. It's gotten to the point where I've had a few panic attacks when I'm swimming by myself. If there are other people in the pool with me it's never an issue, but swimming underwater near the deep end when I'm completely alone... :no:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:| I am upset that there is a big ass photo of a nasty ass spider posted in here. :no:

I do not like that photo either and I am now sorry that I saw it becuz I will probably have nightmares about it now. It's natural for everyone to have fears, but when it is a real problem it becomes a phobia.

I was suggested an excellent book when I was going thru my divorce and scared to death about so many normal things like single parenting, money issues, having to go to work FT, living alone for the firs time, etc. and the book really helped me put my thinking and fears into perspective. I like to recommend the book whenever I can because it has also helped many of my friends over the years. The book is Face your Fears but Do It Anyway and I think the author is Susan Jaffe.

I have a fear of snakes, I HATE snakes or anything reptile....and I do not like spiders. I also have a fear of ponds, lakes, and ocean or bodies of water where I cannot see below the surface.....I do not like sharks or feelings things touch me in the water like fish, seaweed, etc. I'm not liking flying as I grow older probably because of 9/11. I also get claustrophobic in elevators and pray they don't get stuck. I don't like getting stuck on a freeway overpass or on a bridge either (since seeing earthquakes damage bridges in No. Calif). Wow, that's a lot of fears! Maybe I better read that book again! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom