invitation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travu2

The Fly
I know that people think I'm a bit aloof in real life and that maybe I want to be left alone (not sure how that translates on the net), but the reality is that I want to interact with people and open myself up to them. I am absolutely terrified of relationships of any kind, though, even just simple friendships. I have not had any close friends since highschool (8 years ago), but I had 2 short romantic relationships in college. I have small talk with people at work, but that's it. You people here at interference are literally my closest friends. I interact with you more than anybody else, and that's why I'm posting this here. I also find, like most people, that I am able to be much more open on the internet.

I just want to say right now that I am really paranoid about posting this because I am afraid that everyone will think I am trying to get people to feel sorry for me. That is NOT the case; when I am feeling more depressed than usual, or I have some kind of crisis, I don't have anyone I can talk to about it except all of you (I know I need to change that). The way I have expressed those feelings here in the past was mainly through poetry and sometimes in quotes or other things. I have family here in town, but there are many things that I just can't talk to them about, and they're in a constant state of dysfunction anyway.

I am the only one who can change things for myself, and I have been making an effort to reach out more and not to take myself so seriously. Eventually, I'll have to do this with actual human beings (heaven forbid).

So what is the purpose of this post? One purpose was simply to get that off my chest. I think it was also prompted by some things that have happened in my life recently, but the main purpose is this: I know there are people here who can relate to my situation, whether you suffer from depression and/or O.C.D., or are just going through really tough times right now. Maybe you're a lurker who doesn't even post? I would really like to chat with you people so that we can support each other. I know how comforting it is to be able to just open up to someone who will listen without accusing you of being selfish and wanting pity.

I am completely harmless.

I can be reached through any of the following methods, but it's probably best just to send me an email:

travu2@hotmail.com
AIM: gaudytorpor

I have never used AIM, but it doesn't look too difficult.

------------------
"Be uncool.
Yes, be awkward."

gday trav!

invitation accepted
smile.gif

Never really talked to you before...but I've been in that situation too...

IM: hippyactress
e-mail: hippyactress@hotmail.com

If you want...

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Create Light
Create Unity
Create Joy
CREATE PEACE!

Yo there, Trav. I've never been clinically depressed but I have been suicidal before. (That's not the same, right...?) Anyway, take care. You've got mail.

foray

Trav you're always free to e-mail me. There are A LOT of people who go through what you're going through.

but dont hesitate, im serious
smile.gif

Hey, trav, I'm 19, and I just got over depression this year after being depressed since I was in the 6th grade. So I've definitely been there...I probably would have killed myself if I hadn't had friends to talk to.

If you ever wanna talk, feel free to email me: Katherine@U2mail.org

smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Hey Trav.... AIM- Lizzygasp

That's generally where you can reach me if I'm at work ( i don't have the net at home). I constantly need entertainment- please feel free to IM.
smile.gif

You know you can go ahead and email me any time you like about anything...you also know that I revere every word you write on any subject, so that shouldn't be a problem...
wink.gif

I just love the bugging-eyes smiley. I want to use it on every post. I think I love it even more than the purple laughing smiley.

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

Originally posted by scatteroflight:

I just love the bugging-eyes smiley. I want to use it on every post.

It's my favorite smily...I ven like it better than the evil one!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Thank you everyone.

I feel a bit silly. It's actually easier for me to make a post like this instead of simply contacting someone one-on-one. But then now I am more aware of all of the opportunities for closer friendships.

I most likely won't get around to sending any emails 'til the weekend, but I want you all to know that you can always drop me a line if there is anything you would like to talk about.

This is all a bit frightening.. you scary people, you.
wink.gif

------------------
"There's a lot of opportunities,
if you're willing to take them."
psb

Back
Top Bottom