Interference lurkers, come out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She Is Raging said:
For the amount of time I've been here, I guess I'm somewhat of a lurker. Compared to the post counts of people who registered around the same time. I usually check this board everyday too.

I feel you. :wink:

I did feel "noticed" when I was nominated in someone's most annoying forum memebers post. :D

I rarely do anything besides lurk. There was a time when I was posting between 15 and 30 times a day. That was excessive. I have neither the time nor the desire to do that now. Now I lurk the boards once or twice a day, and that's it.

The one that really gets me is Leichestershire. How that becomes 'Lester-sure' I'm not quite sure. Maybe its because I don't know Gaelic, but the Germanic in me says that it should be 'Like-stur-sure', but for some reason the 'k' bit completely disappears.

*brain asplodes*

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
The one that really gets me is Leichestershire. How that becomes 'Lester-sure' I'm not quite sure. Maybe its because I don't know Gaelic, but the Germanic in me says that it should be 'Like-stur-sure', but for some reason the 'k' bit completely disappears.

*brain asplodes*

Here's a challenge for you then, how do you think Loughborough's pronounced.

(and it's not LOOGA BROOGA as a lot of aussies think)

Well, the Luff part makes sense... the ough is usually either -uff or -oh, but... Brer?? I would'ave been alright with Luff-broh, or Luff-burrow too... but... brer? ... Not even Luff-Bruff?

:crack:

Must ammend my list of life's goals. New number 1: Find a way to rename Loughbrough and Leicestershire to things that make sense.

Yes, I'll admit that I've been lurking for over a year. But now I'm trying to change! I just get really self-conscious posting (how sad is it that I'm shy even on the internet?)

But I'm conquering my fear because I've noticed that everyone on Interference seems nice. Hopefully, I won't give up!

I stumbled upon Interference maybe five years ago, when I was craving new album news. Immediately, I thought that it was an amazing resource, because it catered to the ultra-fan, people always in search of the latest interviews, etc...people like me!

I skimmed the forum threads occasionally, but not in great detail. My first impression of them was: these people should get a life! :der:

Needless to say, I've changed my mind. It's now the coolest place to discuss not only U2, but music and life in general...:up:

:huh: <-------This is my admittedly addicted look in the wee hours of the night...nights like the final stretch of the tour.

:happy: <-----This, however, is my most consistent look of great appreciation.

achtungjulie said:
Yes, I'll admit that I've been lurking for over a year. But now I'm trying to change! I just get really self-conscious posting (how sad is it that I'm shy even on the internet?)

But I'm conquering my fear because I've noticed that everyone on Interference seems nice. Hopefully, I won't give up!

what a terrible post :tsk:

:wink:

I'm Ready said:
I used to post, but all my threads would just die so I stopped trying

thats proof that I completely kill threads

3 days an still no replies:|

jessi-ma-ca said:
im coming clean as well... i am a lurker....
i just browse the forum, and read.
so there you go! :wink: :tongue:

There is nothing wrong with browsing the forums and just reading....much more polite then those who choose to leave stupid idiotic or argumentative posts IMO.

I check the forums twice a day for about a year now, and I only have less than 200 posts.

but i love everyone of you, U2 fans are awesome. People I met at my first concert were extremely nice to me, and some even joined in when I sang "how long to sing this song" in the Staples Center elevator after the concert ended lol. The music makes us mellow and cool i guess lol.

hay guyZ. wut iz goings on in dis topiX?11?
i'm newb in dis part of da 4um.

I'm a "Zoo Confessionals" lurker, but I post in the other forums sometimes. So here's my 1st Z.C. post! :hyper: I enjoy reading more than posting. Plus it seems alot of threads turn into fights everywhere I look. Too much drama for my liking. So maybe I'll post more here, maybe I wont. I'll have to see how nice everyone is. Til then, i luvs u all interference! -huggles-

:hug:

I'm Ready said:
I used to post, but all my threads would just die so I stopped trying

Same here- :sad: I really don't want to kill threads, it just happens (I really think we need a thread killers support forum... but I guess then there would be lots of threads with only one or two posts in them) I think I am better to keep on a-lurken

{{{sits and waits for thread to die a slow and painful no response death}}}

Back
Top Bottom