In which I bitch about my family. More specificially my Uncle's wife.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
So, today is Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. A lot. I mean, from the days leading up to it until New Year's Eve, I am just the happiest mofo on Earth. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night because of the set-list thread, I was just having too much fun, and because of the Macy's Parade.

The point is, when I arrived at my aunt's for Thanksgiving lunch, I was greeted at the door by one of my young second cousin's in my face going, "Tiffany's getting married and S-- and S-- are going to be in it, and you won't let me be in your wedding and now Tiffany won't let me be in her wedding and why won't anyone let me be in their weddings." Well, this cousin has righteously pissed me off over the last few months because I wouldn't let her be my flower girl, and I was really tired, so finally I snapped at her and said, "Because you are TOO OLD H--." She's 9, she really is too hold to be a Flower Girl.

Anyways, then I go downstairs and my favorite aunt comes up to me quickly and whispers, "Did you hear about Tiffany?" And I just kind of wave her off because, I'm just like whatever at that point.

So then I walk up to one of my cousin's and she says, "I can't believe Tiffany did that. February 19th, are you serious?" And THAT was when I got pissed off. Because that is one week to the day after the Trashley wedding (for those not in the know, LemonMelon and I's wedding).

Let me go back and explain a bit. My mother and my Aunt Janina have been friends for ever. Let me rephrase that, My mom and Aunt Janina were friends until Aunt Janina married my uncle and became a major insane control freak over his entire life and her kid's lives. For some reason, from that point, Janina's been insanely competitive with my mother. To the point that when my mom announced to the family back in February that Travis and I were getting married, she turned to her oldest daughter and gave her the look of death. Not three week's later, Her oldest daughter and 5-year boyfriend were engaged and getting married in May. Whatever, I don't care, they've been together forever, she can be as petty as she wants.

Everything was fine, it seemed at that point. In Janina's crazy mind she and mom were even, I thought. See, her younger daughter (of the two of them) is 17 years old. She is with a different guy every week, and honestly, just wants to move out. The idea that she's engaged at all is the biggest joke I've ever heard, especially because she really and truly is apparently not pregnant.

I can't understand why anyone would stoop so low as to schedule a wedding a week after someone else's in your own damn family. I mean, how bad can you get? I felt good though because all throughout lunch people were coming up to me and making sure I knew that my wedding was the priority, and I really appreciated.

I don't usually complain about stuff like this on here, I'm just really frustrated and I can't be too open about it IRL, because, everyone's family, you know? I mean, my family's huge, we hang out together a lot.

I hope I'M not coming across as petty. The wedding probably won't even happen, but in the meanwhile, I just can't believe this. The real kicker is that apparently she was going to try and have it ON February 12th. She even texted me and my sister to check when the date of my wedding was. No, the real kicker was finding out that Janina had done this to one of my older cousin's when she got married. She'd buy things for her older daughter's wedding whenever Ann would get something for her wedding. Or she'd talk over Ann when discussing plan's for her wedding. And her daughter wasn't even ENGAGED at the time.

Gah, it just has me so mad. Anyways, venting's over. Sorry for the rambly nature here. I'm really running on fumes at this point and need to get a few hours of rest before Black Friday :crack:

Don't feel bad about venting..I do it all the time!:hug::hug::hug:

I hope it all works out for you. Jealous family members can be a pain in the ass!!! :crack:

Ugh, what a pain, I'm so sorry. And no, it's not petty at all.

Also, :lol: @ "Trashley" That's awesome.

The funny thing about that was before I even knew Travis, one of my roommates nicknamed me Smashedley for coming home drunk ONE time. At some point the superthread changed my name to Trashedley, and then when Travis and I became an item, it was just a natural progression XD.

the only thing petty about any of this is your aunt's behaviour. that's so shitty of her to be trying to upstage and ruin what should be the happiest time of your life.

the only thing petty about any of this is your aunt's behaviour. that's so shitty of her to be trying to upstage and ruin what should be the happiest time of your life.

It's actually turned out to be a bit of a blessing in disguise in a way, because I felt so truly blessed today by how many of my family members came up to show me support. Kind of a whole Charlie Brown real meaning of Thanksgiving kind of thing going on :lol:.

Linus: "And that's what Thanksgiving is all about, Trashley. ...... And also, SUCK IT, JEALOUS RELATIVES!"

I'm pretty sure that's how that line goes.

How petty and insecure she must be.

I'm copywriting the act of releasing canaries at weddings, so that's one thing she totally won't have. How does she like them apples??

Hahaah! I told Travis today that you were coming to the wedding to release canaries, and he said you already knew, but my mother was curious who this woman on the internet I was referring to as "mom" was :lol:

Hahaah! I told Travis today that you were coming to the wedding to release canaries, and he said you already knew, but my mother was curious who this woman on the internet I was referring to as "mom" was :lol:

"WHO IS CALLING YOU MOM???" was the quote, I believe.

It was a stressful day.

Yeah, mom was a might flustered when she said that. I knew what it was she'd meant to say. It's the thought that counts or something.

I'm clearly going to be in the minority here but I don't really see it this as something that should be causing you major stress in life.

You are obviously very happy to be getting married, you are in love with your fiance, your whole family seems to be really looking forward to your wedding and excited to attend and be there for you and probably help you out. Who cares about the cousin getting married the week after? It won't affect your day at all, don't let it be a completely unnecessary and unwarranted bother. If they're petty, they're petty. That won't change either way and the only person who will be upset by their pettiness in the end will be you, not them.

Not worth it, IMO.

Just my .02 of course.

"WHO IS CALLING YOU MOM???" was the quote, I believe.

It was a stressful day.

Oh, great. Is she going to be all weird and jealous and cause a scene when I show up?

Fwiw, I pretty much agree with Anitram. It's aggravating that a relative would stoop to that, but there's really not much you can do about it. Ignore it the best you can, and go ahead and have fun and plan your day. It'll be awesome by default because it's you two. Living well is the best revenge, and all that. :up:

Haha, no no, it's all good.

I'd like to say that I could just ignore it and everything will be fine, but I found out at lunch today that she's already going around playing the victim. "Ashley and Eileen (my mom) were so cold with us on Thanksgiving. I didn't think I had to ask Ashley's permission for when my daughter is getting married." Was pretty much the sum of what she was saying.

Ah wellz, I'm mostly over it. I just need some sleep so I can stop dwelling on it. Three days on 7 hours of sleep isn't doing me any good.

Sounds like she's totally not worth your time. Desperately trying to play the victim role to get attention for herself and her daughter(well, basicaly that's for herself as well). How sad she can't be happy for you.

:( So sad she is playing the victim. Regardless of her sad little thoughts ( families are a funny thing :| ) I hope you and LM have the most awesome wedding day. Sounds like you are really happy together and have a lot of family ( and friends ) happy for you. :heart:

Thanks guys. Aside from mild frustrations every time I see one of their sadsack facebook statuses, I'm all good.

Just want to get everything ready to go now.

Can you set FB to block her status updates? That way she doesn't notice you're ignoring them, it's a little less radical than deleting her(which would likely cause her to stirr up more shit).

Haha, I guess I could, but I don't like the idea of it.

Today was better. We went to lunch for my aunt's birthday and she was asking me about my wedding and the planning and whatnot. She still seems to think that my mom is going to want to come over and plan things, but my mom isn't even close to being in a place ready to do such a thing.

There was one awkward moment when I was talking to my cousin about her daughter's flower girl dress and when they were going to get it. Aunt Janina then asked my cousin if she was buying the dress off of eBay for my wedding too. Laurie looked a little embarrassed and went, "No, we're going to David's Bridal for that one to match with Ashley's dress." because, I might have forgot to mention in the original post, but Tiffany stole my flower girl as well. I mean, she's going to be in both our weddings.

Ashley, good luck with everything, I'm sure it'll be a lovely day no matter what, and congratulations again.

I'm just trying to get some of this straight because, to be honest, your OP is really confusing. I'm trying to figure out the story so I know what's going on. It seems very complicated.

What is Tiffany's relation to you? And what is Tiffany's relation to Janina, is she Janina's daughter? Is Tiffany the 17 year old that's with a new guy every week, and she's getting married? Damn.

Also, I think you and LeMel's first dance should be to the song you guys thought was the lead single off of Detox. :wink:

Or maybe Gaga's "Just Dance."

GAF :lmao: I'll run those options by Lemel, but I think we're fairly settled on our first dance song already.

Ok sorry about the confusion. Tiffany is my 17yo cousin who is my aunt Janina's youngest daughter.

Also, apparently it might already not matter, if facebook statuses are anything to go by, it looks like the already sinking ship just got hit by a cannonball.

Which is kind of why I didn't want to start this thread in the first place. I love my cousin, I don't care if she's getting married, I just don't know why she picked two weeks after my wedding. Now to see that her relationship is fading fast makes me sad and makes me feel bad for ever being upset in the first place.

Really makes me wonder who on earth gets married at 17 to begin with in this day and age. :crack:

Or not. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever been a part of in my life. I'll stop with the tennis match in this thread so that we don't all have to suffer :lol:

Back
Top Bottom