imma mess.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2002revolution!

War Child
i wish i was anyone but me, i feel like i'll never make it though life, i'm deathly afraid; grrrr. i hate it so so much:mad: i can't explain it.......
i'm 18; this upcoming yr. will be my last of high school (senior yr.:() i used to HATE school but i've become fond of my high school yrs. (& who would of thunk it, i'm not a cheerleader or anything like that....thank god. lol.) i'll never see anyone from my yrs. in high school again i'm afraid, and that sucks cause some of 'em (esp. like some of my teachers(and i used to HATE my teachers w/ a passion, not these teachers mind you, teachers from previous schools)) have really helped me out.
i so don't know what to do in the future, i can't see myself becoming anything...i'll live and die alone i'm afraid.
but back to the not knowing what to do for the future, the main reason i posted, i have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what i want to do, but i was thinking maybe something like the Peace Corps. or something.....anyone know anything about it or anything?
.......i donno i just want something anything to ease my mind *sigh*:no: (and maybe if i start thinking of the future and consider options it'll help) ..............

I'm really sorry you are going through that. Luckily, EVERYONE goes through that, and I guess knowing that can make you feel less alone, though not better.

You'll get through it. Promise.

I'm moving this to ZOO CONFESSIONALS, because it will get
the treatment it deserves there. :)

((((revolution))))

These feelings are completely normal and everybody goes through that phase. You are still young and you have time to get an idea of what you want to accomplish later in life. I think sula will join the Peace Corps, I'm sure she can give you more info...

hm...this feeling must be chronic...

well...i was just where you were only a year ago. i know it's hard to think about what you want to do forever right now. but just start to generalize. me, i hate math and science, so i knew i didn't want to go into anything requiring a lot of it. so i looked at liberal arts colleges and all went smoothly from there. don't think that you have to decide your life right now. take various classes your freshman year and see what you like.

don't take your senior year too seriously though. make sure you do well in class, but remember that there is a lot to see and do. when it comes to this time next year, you will be where i am...and that is confusedness all over again...but now it's mostly self doubt. did i make the right decision? what if it sucks? but i know i need to just go with the flow...and pray and live.

best of luck to you. pm me sometime, we can discuss this in detail.

you'll be fine

but unfortunately the greatest myth in life is that this confusion ends. It doesn't.

just follow your heart. :heart:

Everything will be fine, I was scare last yr when i graduated but I really love being out of high school and i somehow even manged to keep in contact with some friends and 1 teacher. It will all work fine!:wink:

i just posted about this a week or so ago.....i know how you feel.....me, i'm starting college this september......and i'm going full force pre-med (honors no less) with a full schedule including honors biology, chemistry, and german literature to name a few.....i am scared out of my mind. i don't think i can handle it.....i don't want to be a failure or dissapoint people, and i want to meet everyone's expectations.....this time is hard for 90% of humans......and it will pass......pursue what you like and what you feel you're good at.....don't worry about outside pressures like parents and friends.......do what you feel is right........and don't follow my example!!! (HAVE CONFIDENCE)

*hugs* i'm here to pm too.......you've got ppl on your side!!

well...i hope you can see a pattern here Revolution. It really isnt a big deal if you know what you want to do with the rest of your life now. Most people who do know what they want to do with the rest of there lives at 18 change their minds by the time they are 20. I did.

I was always going to be a teacher then when I got to study it, I changed my mind...it wasnt until this year (22) that I decided what I want to do - who knows, I might still change my mind! And if I do, thats okay too. :)

Like, I think in today's world, some type of a qualification or skill is vital. If you were 30 or something then it would be a different story but, at 18 hey - take your time! See the world, go on adventures, experience life...then you may be in the right frame of mind to make that decision.

Before i picked my a-levels (subjects that get you into uni) i decided i loved langs and when i got my gcse results i got the top 2% in northern ireland in eng, span, and fre and really wanted to be a lnag teacher.....so after finishing my first year of a-levels and this year of school is my last ive completely changed my mind and want to do medicine now & the only way i could go back and change it is go and repeat the last 2 years of school :scream:

Lifes tough :(

I'm 21 and Im still not sure what Im going to end up doing with my life so dont worry about it.
BTW Bono-Vox I did exactly the same thing as you. I chose my A levels and then ended up hating them and wishing Id done different ones.

i know i wasnt really that good at maths- i did everything really weird my mum blames that on me being a leftie but i dunno

and in my gcses i got A*'s in the lang and eng lang and lit

And i only got B's and C's in my maths and sciences and id have to repeat my gcse's in college or something and then restart my a-levels

and i really hope i havent done really badly this year in my a/s levels....i hate waiting on results- but if i had got like U's in them all id be sooo tempted to go to Tech or soemthing.....but i doubt im ever gonna do that badly *phew* :)

hey there. It's totally normal to feel the way you do and you shouldn't feel bad. heck, I'm 22 and still not sure what I'm going to do long-term. It's OK! Life is fluid...things fall into place. There is never any cause to panic. :)

Now as for the Peace Corps, I would caution using it as an escape measure. It's two years of extremely hard work in a culture that is bound to stress you out and really test your limits. (not that that's a bad thing) Having gone through the interview and application process, I can tell you that they're pretty careful about probing your reasons for joining. If you really feel that it's what you want to do, then definitely go for it...but I would make sure to look deep within yourself and make sure your motives are right.

My advice would be to sit down and think about what kind of things make you happy...what things you have always wanted to do, etc. Write up a list and don't pay attention to practicalities and don't ever say "can't". Just dream. Then you might be able to see more clearly what kinds of things you would like to do or at least some temporary goals you can achieve. Anything from learning karate to travelling in France. :D Whatever.

Keep your chin up. *hugs* And don't forget that you have a supportive community here. :)

-sula

bono-vox said:

And i only got B's and C's in my maths and sciences and id have to repeat my gcse's in college or something and then restart my a-levels

Im sure you can do A levels with a B in the relevant GCSE subject, or even a C if you are prepared to work hard. I know people who got C's and were accepted for A levels in those subjects.
If its what you want to do BV then go for it. I chickened out of making the touch choice and Im living to regret it.
Just make sure that its really what you want.

Well i'm 23 and i'm also not sure where life will take me. It's normal to feel it and it will pass, and i've felt all of the fears you describe. (plus a few additional ones)

You know everyone makes it through life one way or the other, and the vast majority of humans end up OK. :)
Very, VERY few ones don't become "anything" or "end up alone".

I still have contact with 3 closest high school friends, and we have these class reunions (quite) regularly. I'm sure it will be the same with your class.

Well, my choices after high school were university or getting a job (don't know how those things are in US). University didn't go well (let's just leave it at that) so i'm currently looking for a job. I dunno - think about your interests, talents, any summer job experiences you could pursue as a career?

I know it's easy to talk, but your future shouldn't scare you - and i'm sure your parents & friends will support you no matter what.
Ok, let me rephrase: it's ok to be insecure sometimes, but it shouldn't stop you from realising your full potential - don't let fear overcome your abilities.

Last edited:
This fall starts my fifth year of college, and I still don't know what
the hell I am doing. Graduation scares the crap out of me. When I graduate, I don't know where I'm going to live, what I'm going to do, etc. What I really want to do is travel for a year or so, but then there's that money thing. So who the hell knows. Maybe I'll just be a professional student for the rest of my life. :p

Jody said:

Im sure you can do A levels with a B in the relevant GCSE subject, or even a C if you are prepared to work hard. I know people who got C's and were accepted for A levels in those subjects.
If its what you want to do BV then go for it. I chickened out of making the touch choice and Im living to regret it.
Just make sure that its really what you want.

But to do medicine you need 9 grade A's or 10 at GCSE- I got 4A*'s and 2A's then a b in maths and bio and a c chemistry

So id have to repeat them and stuff

Id like to do teaching but i think im bright enough to do something else with languages......who knows....i wanna keep my options open so im gonna check uni courses and stuff and see what i can do

Back
Top Bottom