Im very close to changing political parties..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lately ive been busy working w the homeless and the more i see disparity in people's lives...and realize im not rich enough to be a Republican, Ive been pondering my polictical views alot..

db9:adam:

diamond said:
lately ive been busy working w the homeless and the more i see disparity in people's lives...and realize im not rich enough to be a Republican, Ive been pondering my polictical views alot..

[devil's advocate]Just because you are working witht he homeless, and see the disparity in th elives of Americans (as well as the views on your personal income) do not mean you need to change parties. Your eyes are being opened, but it doesn't mean you have to flee the party[/devil's advocate]

In reality...this is a perfect example why party alignment is silly. I share views and agree with politicians from all walks.

Viva the fence!

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
congrats.

but having only two parties to chose from is rather unfortunate, as many people believe they are more or less the same.

In California, we will have 135 choices in October...

diamond said:

Well I'm pretty suprised to hear that, but I think it's excellent that your open-minded enough to change your political views according to what you see in the world.

Why don't you try talking to some Democrats or going to public meetings held by the Democratic Party so you can see to what extent you agree with their politics?

nbcrusader said:

In California, we will have 135 choices in October...

but that is not what were talking about, as far as i know diamond doesnt even live in cali.

i believe hes talking politics at the federal level. and everyone knows that perot/nader aside, there are only dems and reps to chose from.

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:

but that is not what were talking about, as far as i know diamond doesnt even live in cali.

i believe hes talking politics at the federal level. and everyone knows that perot/nader aside, there are only dems and reps to chose from.

The principle is the same. My guess is a majority, if given the chance, would vote "None of the above" in any given election. With two dominate parties shaping policies and platforms by polls and focus groups, it would be very difficult for another party to differentiate itself enough to grab a measurable share of the vote.

i took this quiz a few days ago, and i was shocked that my views were full fledged demo even tho i considered myself a republican. im still in shock.

this

Back
Top Bottom