I'm usually

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salome

you are what you is
a happy (bordering on content) person

so I feel guilty just reading stuff in this forum
well, not really guilty

Salome does your ball everyone talks about make you happy?? :eyebrow:

Is your ball that sarcastic man underneath yer name?? :question:

I totally know what you mean, Salome. At one point last year it seemed like a lot of my friends were having major problems (boy trouble, depression, overworked, etc) and I actually started feeling guilty for not having problems. Kinda weird, but I guess I just feel bad for seeing friends in pain and not experiencing it myself.

Interference makes me happy and bordering on content

Yes i've just recently been able to feel what they call "empathy" for people myself. I've never had anything REALLY bad happen to me. Prob the worst thing was walking smack into a plate glass window at a movie theatre on a date(ugh) once.....:eek:

I love this board, although it may not always be the happiest place, theres a whole lot of Love and support in here...:heart: :heart: :heart:

You need to quit your job that gives you so much satisfaction, dump your gorgeous and lovely girlfriend, seperate yourself from your fantastic family, get your car stolen, spend a night on a park bench and live like all of us.
I'm very much kidding of course. I often feel like that too. I think my life is fantastic except for my job. I cannot complain about my job in all honesty though as I have a job at least, while many dont.
I wonder about this kind of stuff sometimes and think why am I so lucky? What makes me so special that I seem to glide through life with so few cares while so many others have to suffer so damn much? I am not smarter than the average Joe. I am not richer than the average Joe. I am not healthier than the average etc. Is it all luck? What makes life so much easier for others? I'm not talking globally necessarily either. People suffer in ways a lot of us can only imagine, but even closer to home, I see friends, colleagues etc go through shit that I have never had and I think why them? They are not stupid either. Its not about smarts. I know that. Could it be just plain dumb luck? I hope people dont groan at my words here and think gee thanks for telling us how wonderful your life is when mine isn't. Because that is really annoying when people gloat. I experience the bad things, like family fights, the unfortunate loss of family and friends through illness and accidents but they are individual tragic events. I could not have the hide to say I suffer more as a result of such terrible but common specific occurances. We all unfortunately go through those things but then some have to suffer continually. Life seems to never let up on some. They say whatever in life doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I find that a terrible insult to those who suffer when there is no clear or obvious reason why they should. I look at some people and just think well if thats true, you sure as shit need all the strength you can find.
There's a Saudi Arabian proverb I think it is that says if you say out loud or acknowledge with pride your accomplishments and good fortune for they will be taken from you. Or something along those lines. I dont like to read these things as its a risk you dont want to take that they are full of crap.
I dunno. Just dunno.

As one who hasn't excactly been singing for joy this past year, I can honestly say that whenever I get really depressed I always think of how good I really do have it, despite the things I don't have. (The number one thing of course being a JOB!!!! :scream: )

I have friends who have lost more than one job this year, gotten concussions, been kicked out of their homes, checked themselves into the psych ward, been screwed over by the opposite sex, etc. When I talk to some of them, I thank god for my wonderful mom, my home, my animals, and all the other things I haven't had to go without when things are rough.
So, the next time you guys hear me bitch and whine here, just show me this post and tell me to shut up, 'k? lol

Back
Top Bottom