I'm too obsessed with the way I look

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I don't want to go to T in the Park now because I can't stand the thought of not being able to shower for three days and having my hair all greasy and getting rained on and not being able to wear any/much makeup.... :scream: I don't even think seeing all the bands will make up for it because I'll be SO self-concious. I'm so stressed about it already that I'm thinking about not going now. :reject:

I wouldn't worry. If you won't be able to shower for three days, none of the other men and women will be able to either.

Have a sensible fashion plan that you can bring a portable mirror and makeup, with simple hair that can be slept on (ponytail?).

(I think this is the funniest advice I've ever given here, since I am an XY chromo. :reject: )

Melon

melon said:
I wouldn't worry. If you won't be able to shower for three days, none of the other men and women will be able to either.

I agree.

I need to shower everyday, or else my hair usually starts to look gross. If I know for some reason it's not going to be possible, I usually wear a hat or bandana (Disclaimer: I sometimes wear them anyway...so if anybody happens to see me with one, don't assume I'm a greaseball ;) :D ). If I also know that running off to touch up make-up isn't going to be high on the priority list, I usually just take a compact with presssed powder and a sheer, light shade of lipstick. What's good about that kind of lipstick is that if it starts to wear off a bit, it's hard to notice.

Don't let vanity get in the way of having a good time. :hug:

Bonochick said:

Don't let vanity get in the way of having a good time. :hug:

:up: and I also say so what for 3 days that you cant shower just use a hat or bandana or ponytail to hold your hair back and go and have a fun time. Oh and maybe just limit your makeup to coverup and lip balm that way you wont be worrying about how you look to much but at the same time you have some makeup on :hug:

don't worry about it. it's a concert, not a fashion show. you're supposed to be rocking out not standing around looking pretty.

I know. I just have a serious complex about the way I look. I probably would never leave my house if I didn't have to.

The main problem with my hair is that I have bangs, so they get greasy really quickly and I look AWFUL without them, so I can't clip them back or anything.

:sigh:

Ahhh, I know how you feel. 3 days with no shower won't feel great. Esp if you're outside most of the time...

I think your best bet is to do as everyone said above. Maybe wear your hair down Day 1 but tie it back later. Wear a hat/bandana. Bring a big bag, knapsack, purse, etc. Maybe look into getting those Clean and Clear oil absorber papers (they're GOOD!). Bring some face powder, some lip gloss, a small brush, some food. You can buy those tiny cases of face/hand wipes and bring that to if you want to clean your face. Little small thing of perfume/body spray. So what if you carry a purse? All these things are tiny.
Also, maybe get that Maybelline Overtime Lash Tint. I haven't tried it yet myself but apparently it stays on for 3 days!

In the end, don't let this get in the way of you going. When else are you going to have the experience to do something like this again?

meegannie said:
I know. I just have a serious complex about the way I look. I probably would never leave my house if I didn't have to.

The main problem with my hair is that I have bangs, so they get greasy really quickly and I look AWFUL without them, so I can't clip them back or anything.

:sigh:

Oh, meggie, I feel the same way too, sometimes. It's horrible to feel that way, isn't it? :slant: :hug:

I HATE my hair up, so I feel your pain. If I were to be going to what you're going to, I think I'd have to bring a small tub and my shampoo and conditioner, lol.

:hug: It's a tough call...like I said, I always jump to immediately encourage and say you should go and it'll work out and find ways to get around the somewhat...well...lack of hygiene, and I still do believe that you should go if you can. I also understand, however, that sometimes things can just be more stressful than it's worth, and I know how much things like this get to you...so I'd just say try to really think about it and if you think you can manage, definitely go for it! :) I know that was immensely helpful. ;) :hug:

Ya know...I saw some shampoo in a beauty supply store that was like a no water needed thing...recommended for use on airplanes and stuff. I have no clue how good it works, but maybe you could find something like that, just to use on your bangs even.

I saw in a magazine, I can't remember which one, maybe US Magazine or People (the one with Private Jessica Lynch on the cover) that had a page of helpful hints in it...it said something about using a bit of astringent that you use on your face on the roots of your hair, if you were running late for work and didn't have time to shower, because it will help disolve the oil and grease the same way it does on your face. I haven't tried it tho, so I don't know how well it works. :shrug:

But I never wear make up, except for maybe some lip gloss and I don't like to shower every day :uhoh:

~LadyLemon~ said:
Just bring a shitload of deodorant, and have a blast.

I really dont know if that's how I'd measure the amount of deodorant I have...

hehe

Bonochick said:
Ya know...I saw some shampoo in a beauty supply store that was like a no water needed thing...recommended for use on airplanes and stuff. I have no clue how good it works, but maybe you could find something like that, just to use on your bangs even.
Yeah, i totally forgot, but i saw people on a site discussing this...there is some power shampoo...sounds like it might work! :)

When I was at camp earlier this year I didn't use the shower facilities at all (you wouldn't either, trust me). I borrowed the powder bath on the second day from someone and I felt slightly cleaner, so you may try that.

Cornmeal! Rub cornmeal in your hair and it will absorb the grease.... then comb it out. I have never tried it but I heard it works.

... and trust me... you can live without makeup for three days. It will be a good character building experience for you. You are very pretty.

There are always sunglasses and hats... not much left over for people to see.

oy!! i've got a three day music festival coming up this weekend. luckily, it's not the kind like woodstock where you camp out or anything. it ends around midnight and starts back up at like 1 in the afternoon. so, we've got plenty of time to go home, shower, and sleep. good thing since we're getting our new mattress saturday morning. :der:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
have you ever been camping? i have gone several days without showering when i go camping.

I've been camping many, many times, but not with thousands of drunken Scottish and English people. :crazy:

no makeup = not such a big deal. No one else will worry about it and neither should you. just take some pit stick and email the T people and tell them to have a sprinkler so you can run through it for a shower.

I've heard that if you sprinkle baby powder in your hair then brush it out, it will remove most of the oil. I've never tried it before, so i don't know how well it works or if you're left with white powder in your hair :lol:. Don't worry about it too much, everyone will look like hell.

if you won't shower for three days people probably won't dare to come close enough to be able to make out how your hair is looking anyway

meegannie said:

I've been camping many, many times, but not with thousands of drunken Scottish and English people. :crazy:

I'm guessing you may have other things to worry about than your hair.

Don't go meegannie! Run, Run Away!

Id be happy to be dirty after 3 days with greasy fuked up hair and no make up on and I would grab a few lads and myself and throw us into a great big mudpile for some fun!!!!!

I swear!

Because in the end, ur not alone Meg......for once feel free.........and enjoy yourself cause time is short!

:yes: :happy:

Back
Top Bottom