I'm such a traitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandSoul

The Fly
Sometimes, I like U2 so much, I listen to them 24 hours a day singing all the lyrics, on and on and on. . . .and talk about them with my U2 friends, downloading screensavers, B-sides, wallpapers. . . watching my DVDs obsessively. . .

Then I get a U2 overload, and I go days, even WEEKS without talking about them or listening to a single U2 song! :shocked:

In fact, I even listen to OTHER BANDS and I now have a Coldplay screensaver and wallpaper on my computer!!!!

Please forgive me :sad:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
The Scientist Video is my screensaver. Coldplay replaced U2 late last summer.
:uhoh:

Me too :D Except I have to turn the volume off 'cause it drives my co-workers crazy. It's also interesting to see people walk up to my computer and try to shut if off :laugh:

My wallpaper is Coldplay in concert. I gotta gear up for the conert I'm going to next month!!! :hyper:

I listened to U2 the other day, but I mostly listen to Ryan Adams now. I am loving Jesse Malin's album though...but Ryan produced it, so I guess I still can't get away from Ryan completely. :D

Not too long ago, I popped in Achtung Baby...I hadn't listened to a regular U2 album in a long time, and it was nice to go back to an old favorite. :)

HeartlandSoul said:

Me too :D Except I have to turn the volume off 'cause it drives my co-workers crazy. It's also interesting to see people walk up to my computer and try to shut if off :laugh:

My wallpaper is Coldplay in concert. I gotta gear up for the conert I'm going to next month!!! :hyper:

:hyper: i see them again next month too!!!

uh about the screensaver, i will have to reinstall because my laptop died. so i will need to have install it on my new one and make sure to keep the volume on really loud to continue to annoy my co-workers as well. ;)

it is always fun to turn on your laptop while sitting on an airplane and a big picture of coldplay appears and the scientist video plays at a high volume :laugh: it makes me laugh to see the looks from those who are sitting around me. :uhoh: haha!

:crack: How'd you get a Scientist Video screesaver? :scratch: and where do you guys find good Coldplay Wallpapers? I have one at home from Chartattack, but want a new one.

oh and I still listen to U2. But it had been awhile. I watched the last half of Rattle & Hum the other day. It's important to like other bands, because when you rediscover your true loves... it's the best feeling in the world. :cute: :heart:

Angel said:
:crack: How'd you get a Scientist Video screesaver? :scratch: and where do you guys find good Coldplay Wallpapers? I have one at home from Chartattack, but want a new one.

The screensaver was on Coldplay.com awhile back. . .I think it was a link in one of the e-zines. I can't remember exactly :shrug:

I got my wallpaper at coldplaying.com

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

it is always fun to turn on your laptop while sitting on an airplane and a big picture of coldplay appears and the scientist video plays at a high volume :laugh: it makes me laugh to see the looks from those who are sitting around me. :uhoh: haha!

Yeah a couple times I went away from my desk not realizing I had turned the volume way up, and I hear:

I WAS JUST GUESSING AT NUMBERS AND FIGURES, PULLING THE PUZZLES APART . . . .

Ooops :silent:

nbcrusader said:
There is an easy solution to your "problem". Take a look at this tread and simply substitute "OTHER BANDS" for "masturbation" .

Thank you, this is just what I needed :happy:

A Guide to Self-Control:

1. Never touch the CDs of other bands.

2. Avoid being alone with CDs of other bands as much as possible.

3. If you are associated with other persons having love of other bands, YOU MUST BREAK OFF THEIR FRIENDSHIP.

4. Never stay near a CD collection of other bands more than five or six minutes.

5. Store CDs of other bands securely that you cannot easily touch them.

6. If the temptation seems overpowering, GET OUT OF BED AND GO INTO THE KITCHEN AND FIX YOURSELF A SNACK. Preferably something lemon-flavored.

7. Never read material describing the merits of other bands.

8. Put wholesome U2 thoughts into your mind at all times.

9. The goal is Elevation.

:up:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
A very sexy picture of Chris Martin is my computer wallpaper and The Scientist Video is my screensaver. Coldplay replaced U2 late last summer.
:uhoh:

oops, i was just about to ask where you got the screensaver from, but then i saw your next post...but i wanted to say THANKS! for the link! *stares at Chris Martin*

nbcrusader said:
There is an easy solution to your "problem". Take a look at this tread and simply substitute "OTHER BANDS" for "masturbation" .

at first when i read this post i was all :ohmy:

then i followed the link! :lmao:

i haven't listened to them regularly in some time, but i do enjoy when you find Achtung Baby or something of the like and are just like"oh, i HAAAAAAVE to listen to this!" and it's so good! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom