I'm so depressed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Words can't even begin to describe how and what I feel right now. At first it was shock, then rage, now just sheer sorrow. I didn't even feel this bad when my grandmother died a few months ago. I know she's crying up in heaven right now too. Never in my entire life have I felt pain so deep like this. Not once. I hurt so much right now. Senator Kerry, I love you, and I will miss you on the national scene.

*breaks down into tears*

i heard about it at work this afternoon, i almost started crying because i know with bush in for four more years, i'm bound to have to declare bankruptcy. i did NOT want to end up like my parents: practically penniless and struggling to hold onto what they have, because of job losses (big corporation mergers, etc.) and not getting raises in five years. :sad:

i should probably stop though, seeing as this isn't in fym.

A_Wanderer said:
If it's any consolation Kerry accepted the result like a man, he should be respected for that.

Damn straight.

I'm thoroughly disappointed, as is most of the campus here. I have NEVER seen it so solemn around here. Everything was just quiet. All day. I kept thinking of TH Eliot's "The Wasteland." Brilliant irony aside, April is not the cruelest month.

November is the cruelest month.

I´m sorry for your sadness, U2democrat.

On another level, I think politicians are just not worth shedding a single tear over them. Is it really that personal?

Blessings.

He'll still be Sen. Kerry from Mass, so he won't completely dissapear from the national scene. To hopefully cheer you up though, I'll post for you an anecdote from a far off corner of the internet. I found this amusing anyway, but I am easily amused.

"I remember when I was in elementary school, I ran for Class President in the 4th grade and lost to an Indian kid named Rakesh. I remember how let down I was when they announced it on the intercom at school after the votes were tallied. Broadcast from the squawk-box hung high on the wall above Mrs. Westmoreland's head was my defeat for all to hear. I was crushed. I am sure that is how Kerry feels today, except worse. At least he has a millionaire wife to go home to.

Rakesh and I became good friends. He beat me later that year in the spelling bee too, ending my streak at 3 years. I misspelled "whippoorwill" to forcefully capture 2nd place. I claimed victory in athletics though. Rakesh couldn't beat his way out of a wet paper bag and you timed him in the 100-yard dash with a sundial.

I think he is a brain surgeon now, and I am a redneck. We took different paths, ya know."

I cried as well.

I've never gotten into politics much, but Kerry made me feel hopeful and actually think that good things could happen for America. I don't feel that way with Bush. I hope he can prove me wrong.

I'm more disgusted than sad.

Then again I am sad that now I have to admit to all my overseas friends that, yes, Americans are that stupid. :mad: :madspit:

Last edited:
indra said:
I'm more disgusted than sad.

Then again I am sad that now I have to admit to all my overseas friends that, yes, Americans are that stupid. :mad: :madspit:

Just look at the well reasoned posts on Interference....

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm disgusted, sad, angry.... :down:

I've never felt so hopeless for the future of the country as I do today.

I am feeling a lot of frustration and anger and yes, even sadness about the outcome.

If anything this has motivated me to become active in the party and channel my outrage into something positive.

JessicaAnn said:

I am feeling a lot of frustration and anger and yes, even sadness about the outcome.

If anything this has motivated me to become active in the party and channel my outrage into something positive.

Same. If it were at all possible for me to become more passionate, I think this has only increased my enthusiasm about politics.

Im so glad you started this thread. I too feel so depressed and so afraid. Bush is talking about reforming social security. I'm scared my elderly parents wont be able to make ends meet under his new plan. There's talk all over the place about the gay rights issues....my heart breaks for the suffering gay ppl are going to have to go through. And now today I see that the US is gearing up to bomb the hell out of Fallujah....God keep the souls of the people who live there, running scared, their lives being torn apart....and God keep the souls of all the young soldiers who are going to die supporting their country. I feel like there's no hope now, that it's just going to get worse and worse. I'm afraid and I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
Kerry had a very anti-family, anti-life, anti-morality voting record. If you look at the facts, he is a pure hypocrite in dire need of serious change. America needs leaders of serious integrity. Brutal honesty...people who stand up for what they believe. If you look at his voting record--he was unsure, often jumping between left and right. This is not "soundness"--what confidence and integrity we are hoping for in a leader.

To make a change, I feel, we need to have more people giving generously to those in need--whether locally or abroad. Instead of trying to give through the democrat (giving) party, I think we should give, sincerely, out of our own pockets, to such organizations as world vision, second harvest etc. (other charity orginazations) God said to give 10% that would mean 100 dollers out of ever 1000 ... etc. I don't like thinking that my giving goes through the government. It should come wholeheartedly from within. On a regular basis, of our own free will.
God says, in Malachi 3:8 and following:
"Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me!
"But you ask, "What do you mean, when did we ever cheat you???"
"You have cheated me out of your tithes and offerings due to me."
You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me..
THIS IS THE ONLY scripture with such a huge promise:
(i.e. such as "try Me and test Me in this..."
and that's where the whole "money making scheme with God" comes into play:
verse 10
"Bring all the tithes and offerings into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the Lord Almighty, "I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you! (only time in Scripture that God says this) "Your crops will be abundent, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not shrivel before they are ripe." says the Lord ."

Last edited:
I've been sad too. On Wednesday, a co-worker suggested that we should ask for the day off so we could mourn.

I also intend on channeling my outrage into something positive.

Back
Top Bottom