I'm so depressed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm feeling pretty depressed about the political situation as well. I had a good cry the day after the election, right after Kerry conceded. Unfortunately, now I'm really pessimistic about the direction this country is going in. I feel like I can only imagine the horrors of a second Bush term. Nothing against Bush supporters, but I'm sorry, I don't support your man.

verte76 said:
I'm feeling pretty depressed about the political situation as well. I had a good cry the day after the election, right after Kerry conceded. Unfortunately, now I'm really pessimistic about the direction this country is going in. I feel like I can only imagine the horrors of a second Bush term. Nothing against Bush supporters, but I'm sorry, I don't support your man.

republican or democrat, at this stage of the game you've nothing to lose by supporting your president.

StlElevation said:

republican or democrat, at this stage of the game you've nothing to lose by supporting your president.

Maybe the post was a bit too strong. I respect the office of the presidency, and I have nothing personal against Bush. I simply don't like his agenda or ideas. If someone asked me if I liked my government I would say "no". I think it's a fine line you draw when you disagree with the majority of your fellow American voters. I wish Bush the best for his second term, but I'm still a liberal, with all that that implies.

amen to that verte!
i did cry. and i continue to be sad about the outcome and what it reflects on us as a people and as a nation to not recognize the right choices that would make our country better.

despite what all the "moral" votes for bush would like to think about this ending, it is needed now.
I pray that God bless America.

Hey hon! Give me an email, if you'd like, and I can put you in touch with some local progressive grassroots groups in VA. cduckwo1@gmu.edu

Way to be thinking of the future and staying involved and hopeful, all! A suggestion or 2

1. You can go to democrats.org and find the "feedback" link if you have any ideas for 2008 :)

2. http://wellstone.org-- a terrific progressive group in honor of the late Sen. Paul Wellstone, which trains and organizes progressives to win elections, as well as mobilizing around health care, domestic violence, economic justice and peace issues :up:

And another :hug: for all here :)

SD

Wednesday was definately a day of mourning--one of my co-workers (she's 50 or so) almost burst into tears. This is all so devastating, but we'll make it. Like some of you have already stated, this only makes me want to be more politically active.

Sherry Darling said:
Hey hon! Give me an email, if you'd like, and I can put you in touch with some local progressive grassroots groups in VA. cduckwo1@gmu.edu

Way to be thinking of the future and staying involved and hopeful, all! A suggestion or 2

1. You can go to democrats.org and find the "feedback" link if you have any ideas for 2008 :)

2. http://wellstone.org-- a terrific progressive group in honor of the late Sen. Paul Wellstone, which trains and organizes progressives to win elections, as well as mobilizing around health care, domestic violence, economic justice and peace issues :up:

And another :hug: for all here :)

SD

awesome i'll drop you a line as soon as i get home :wave:

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but I have been repeating the Ghandi quote over and over
“Be the change you want to see in the world”
Get involved!!!!! - start small now and by 2008 who knows what we can accomplish?

oh, and get a "Don't Blame me I Voted For Kerry" bumper sticker:
http://www.idiots4bush.com/home

Been surfing through the forum since joining up, just found this thread on Debacle '04 as I like to call it. I went to bed election night with the race a virtual tie, way too close to call, could be weeks before we get the results, etc. I woke up around noon to CNN teasing "Kerry concession speech coming up at 1pm".

It felt like 9/11 all over again. I went to bed in a sane, rational world, and woke up in a Tom Clancy novel.

And the first thought in my head, both times: "I can't believe the news today, I can't close my eyes and make it go away".

(BTW, think y'all got it rough, try being a gay man in a small town. According to my President, I'm not even a human being. I don't deserve to be treated fairly. I don't deserve to ever get married. I don't deserve common human compassion or dignity. I don't deserve equal protection under the law. I don't deserve any rights at all, really. Try living with that and see how depressed the election results leave you.)

C.

slapshot said:
think y'all got it rough, try being a gay man in a small town. According to my President, I'm not even a human being. I don't deserve to be treated fairly. I don't deserve to ever get married. I don't deserve common human compassion or dignity. I don't deserve equal protection under the law. I don't deserve any rights at all, really. Try living with that and see how depressed the election results leave you

:hug: For what it's worth, I voted NO to the ammendment. I was honestly surprised, and then appalled, that it passed in EVERY state! The way people had been making such a stink about it in the media, I'd thought it was a no brainer it wouldn't ever pass....stupid me :(

I know how you feel slapshot, we didn't have a gay marriage thing on our ballot in Alabama because our wonderful politicians just went ahead and slapped a law banning gay marriage in our state on us without a vote. I can't believe those initiatives passed. Ugh. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I was absolutely devastated... i'm against everything the Republican party stands for, and i'll be honest, I wasn't expecting Bush to win.
I cried my eyes out... I was so upset that I had to take the day off of school, and I don't even live in America. It sound stupid, I know, but i'd be looking forward to *that* day for years.

slapshot said:
(BTW, think y'all got it rough, try being a gay man in a small town. According to my President, I'm not even a human being. I don't deserve to be treated fairly. I don't deserve to ever get married. I don't deserve common human compassion or dignity. I don't deserve equal protection under the law. I don't deserve any rights at all, really. Try living with that and see how depressed the election results leave you.)

I know exactly how you feel. I'm moving to Canada, as a result. It just takes some time, that's all; but once I get a job, I'm saving up my money so I can leave.

I know when I'm not wanted, and I know well enough to know that my presence here will not affect the political discourse. Yes, we're going to have to wait for yet another charismatic white Christian heterosexual male to save the day sometime in the future, because--let's face it--all 44 U.S. Presidents have shared this one demographic. It's too bad that we must rely on the tyranny of the majority.

Melon

Don't bother moving. Canada has oil. I'm sure Bush will just invade them, too...

C.

Back
Top Bottom