I'm slipping...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love2bmama

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
running down the road like loose electricity
I'm fighting it, but I can feel myself slipping into depression. In her book Prozac Nation Elizabeth Wurtzel describes it as happening gradually and then suddenly, and that's exactly what it IS like.

I'm trying to do things I enjoy, spend time just for me, to pamper myself a little bit. I'm kind of manic right now so my house is clean, too clean really because I can't find anything else to clean. Seriously. It's funny, I have this system where the kids can earn computer time by doing chores, but lately I've had to really think hard to come up with anything for them to do, because all I do all day and night is prowl and putter around the house.

I told my husband today that I want to go stay with my best friend who lives 3 hours from here, but he didn't like that idea. A little later I told him that I am thinking of going inpatient somewhere, that maybe I should check myself in now rather than waiting until things get really, really bad.

But the closest hospital with a psych ward is 2 hours away, and they might not even have any open beds when I got there anyway, plus my dh really doesn't want me to go because he as a "really busy weekend planned at work".

I know all the right things to do: stay on your meds, get out of the house, spend time doing something you enjoy, reach out to people IRL and online, and for gods sake keep taking your meds. I just hope all those things will be enough, that this is just a little rough patch and I'll be ok in a day or 2 or 3.

molly you sound like you know what to do and i am sure you recognise your symptoms if when you are borderline manic/psychotic- if you havent slept for a couple of days and ae having those other heightend senses and compulsions then check in , or if you go the other way . do you have a psych triage team available or just your dr?
and who gives a hoot if he has a busy weekend! (probably playing golf)
you need to be well for the sake of your kids, your hubby and yourself.

take it easy and you know you have plenty of pleban friends here ok .
pm me anytime

xxxxxx :hug:

Sounds like your husband is being very insensitive. There are people who have problems like yours who don't recognize signs...and even if they do, they don't want to do what's right. You see what's happening, you know yourself, you are willing to do what's proper. If your husband doesn't recognize that, don't let that stop you from taking care of yourself. Sorry to say, but he needs to wise up if he thinks that work is more important than your well-being. I realize jobs are important, we have to make a living...but come on.

Take care of yourself...do what you think you need to do. :hug:

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more... your mental health has to take priority over work. There's no question at all of that.

:hug: Please take care of yourself, Molly... you're the one who knows best what you need. You've got all the support and love we can give you, here! :hug: :heart:

Smart move recognizing the signs Molly. I am sorry your husband seems a bit selfish but look out for yourself. You've got to take care of yourself in order to then take care of kids and family. You seem to be doing all the right things but maybe a trip to see your friend would do you a world of good as a change of pace. I know that usually does wonders for me, or even a nice long car ride (but who can afford gas these days?!!!) I know what you are going through and would be happy to talk on the phone or email so please feel free to PM me if you feel the need. I'd like to help if I can. Meanwhile, do take care and do pamper yourself! :hug:

Oh Molly, do whats best for you right now. You know the signs and know what to do. Don't slip away from us again, there's a tour to be ready for!!!!

I hope you can hang in there and get the help you need. :hug:

Molly, this is inexcusable: my dh really doesn't want me to go because he as a "really busy weekend planned at work".

If you feel you need to go, call your doctor, go to an emergency room, do what you need to do!

I'm thinking about you, dear, and hoping you will be well. :hug:

Smart move recognizing the signs Molly. You've got to take care of yourself in order to then take care of kids and family.

:up: No one's "weekend" or "it's not a good idea" is what matters.
You know what you need to do and you must do it.
Stand your ground, Molly. Ultimately you have to live with your decisions and you don't want to look back and say, I wish I'd followed my instincts.
The husband and kids will be fine if you are away for a little while.
Go for it. PM me also, if you want someone to just listen.
I won't even offer any other advice. I'll just listen. :hug:
There are really good people here for you when you need them. :heart:

Very good that you're recognising the signs, Molly, because not everybody can do that. I also think it's very insensitive about that 'having a really busy planned weekend' :| Your mental health is the most important thing right now, don't forget that! Do whatever is right for you, and keep talking to your friends and family about it... :hug:

My health issues keep me on the verge of depression, so I know how it goes. Keep on doing the things that work and keep talking to dh, friends and family. They care and want to help.

:hug:

you guys are the greatest, thanks for taking the time to post here and to come back to check in on me. It means a lot! My computer is in the shop right now, so I'm not online much. I'm sort of hanging in there, not feeling very good but not slipping too far. Just hanging on and waiting for better times....

Molly, take care and be good to yourself. Surround yourself with things (and people) that make you happy. I wish you the best and hope you will get back to appreciating the things that life has to offer very soon. :hug:

HI guys. IM writing this from my mobile. JUST wanted to let you know that i am in the hospital. IM OK now and hopefully i will feel better and go home soon. THANK YOU so much for your support and encouragement to do what was best for me. ITS a hard choice when it involves leaving children temporarily motherless but i believe it was time to take action before things got totally out of control. Thanks again :hug:

HI guys. IM writing this from my mobile. JUST wanted to let you know that i am in the hospital. IM OK now and hopefully i will feel better and go home soon. THANK YOU so much for your support and encouragement to do what was best for me. ITS a hard choice when it involves leaving children temporarily motherless but i believe it was time to take action before things got totally out of control. Thanks again :hug:

You go girl!!! Glad you are getting the help you need. We're all here for you!
Hugs and hugs and hugs to you!

Back
Top Bottom