I'm skerd to upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
A friend let me borrow a copy of Windows XP so I can try it out...I'm skerd to install it tho...but I have heard that Windows XP is better than Windows ME which is what I'm running now :|

:huh:

Er I wouldnt do it by yourself ABEL.

I had someone upgrade from ME to 2000 for me.. it can get complicated if something goes wrong.

I have XP (came with the comp) and I love it 120x more than when I use other computers and it's not XP and it makes me sad that people don't have a little doggy thing to go find their files.

It's the little things that impress me.

ME sucks.

I would upgrade to XP if you can.............but BE CAREFUL (yeah, I know, like everyone else said)............if something goes wrong its a big 'ol mess.

:yes:

The doggy is definitely worth it. I like when he reads the book. And I like how I can put a penguin next to my name.

when you wanna change stuff like changing to a penguin or something, go to start, then go up to the chess pic where it says your name, click on your pic and it should bring you to a few other pics to choose from.

and the doggie - yeah what daisy said. it does tricks and stuff when you pet it.

I've read that one of the worst XP upgrades to do is from ME. :uhoh:

I might be doing an upgrade to 2000 soon...but I'm taking home one of my handy co-workers cuz he is a better student technician than I am! :wave:

windows xp rocks. windows me is lame. :down: i have it on my old comp. i've used just about every operating system, at least for windows. windows 3.x, windows 95, 98, me, and xp. i think this is by far the best one yet.

i've never upgraded to xp, because this computer came with it. but i've heard from other people that it isn't that complicated, at least no more complicated than when you upgrade any program even. you just have to make backups. :)

then, the average computer geek would recommend you:

- install whatever hardware drivers not taken care of by windows
- turn off autoreboot
- disable messenger service

:eyebrow:

ME is by far THE WORST operating system on earth.

I had bought a brand new HP with ME in it.. I get it home, set up, etc.. and the fucking thing freezes on me like every 5 minutes!! It was driving me insane so after a day I'm like, ok there's something wrong with this computer, its defective or something. So I take it back and exchange it for the same kind.. only to have it happen again!! I was soooo :rant: .. luckily Elvis helped me out and helped me install Windows 2000 over it. I am in pure heaven now... 2000 is THE best OS.. never had a problem with it. I havent tried XP but I'm sure its just as good if not better.

A thought - XP can be installed directly from the CD to a clean hard drive. It may be worth getting a new hard drive (they get cheaper every day) and do a fresh install. Save your old hard drive for all your important info.

BTW, ABEL, have you checked out PC World? It's one of my fave magazines/web sites. They have lots of great articles online...you should be able to find some help!

I agree that ME is AWFUL!!! I had SO many problems with it. XP, on the other hand, it great. :) I don't know the specifics about installation, but if you can upgrade to XP from ME, definitely do it. ME was just terrible....

Back
Top Bottom