I'm riding high upon a deep depression...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Nothing is going right. I feel like I keep hitting the same brick wall, over and over again. It's like some sick joke, and I'm tired of it. Even when I try and make the most of things, somehow they come back and kick my ass.

Most recent example: school. I was so excited for it, then it turns out the teacher is on fucking crack. He wanted us to write a ridiculous amount of pages (that's it, no assignments, etc. It sounded like we were going to write jibberish for him to count), and even admitted he wouldn't be grading based on quality, just quantity. I've been out of school for a few years, but even my friends who are still in school say this guy was a whack job. I decided to drop the class today and pick up another one for this semester. Turns out nothing I want is open, and I have to wait 4-6 weeks for the goddamn refund check to arrive.

I'm seriously wondering how much more of this shit I can handle. Five months without work and to top it off, anything else I'm trying to keep myself busy is failing too.

Kill me.
frown.gif

------------------
I bit my tongue and stood in line
With not much to believe in
I bought into what I was sold
And ended up with nothing

Bummer dude.
icon1.gif

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

[This message has been edited by ghetofabu (edited 05-14-2002).]

What kind of teacher only grades based on quantity? You're probably better off not being in the class, anyway, if this guy is such a crackhead.

Don't worry too much, though. You'll surely find some better use for your money.
wink.gif

::hugs::

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

april i'm really sorry about your bad luck. that really blows. do not let one crack-head teacher bring you down or keep you from going back to school. from what it sounds like, education is too important to you to give up now. keep your head up! for every obnoxious class you have to there will be an amazing, inspirational one. good luck!!

(((april)))

that sucks, sorry to hear you're sad

i'd have to say pace yourself. remember that you're in this for you. sounds like it was a good idea to drop the prof/class now cause things can get hectic late in the quarter/semester.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Kill me.
frown.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things will come around April. In the meantime, try and do some writing on your own. When you are feeling down, the best thing you can do is to keep busy. Start running, or try yoga....... I know this all sounds so lame and superficial, but exercise is the one of the best answers to beet out depression. It ain't gonna cure it, but it will make you feel better.

(((hugs)))

------------------
"Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me..."

Originally posted by Hewson:
Things will turn around soon...evrything in life is cyclical. Before you know it you'll be on the upswing.

Good metaphor.
icon36.gif

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Thanks, everyone, so much. I'm just feeling sad and a little lost lately, but what keeps me going is that this cannot go on forever. Of course the main catalyst in my depression has been unemployment, which is going on five months now, so some days that's hard for me to swallow, even though I'm doing all I can. That wank of a teacher last night was just the icing on the cake.
mad.gif

Thanks for listening to my little rant, guys...it really means a lot. *hugs*
smile.gif

Well you can look at it one of these 2 ways (they may not help but thins is my way of lookin at life)

1) It may seem bad at the moment but at some point things will look up
smile.gif

2) Life's shit and the sooner you learn that the sooner it stops disappointing you.

The first one is more optimistic but to me I usually see more truth in the second
frown.gif

Kill me.
frown.gif

Only if you kill me first... *sigh*
icon9.gif

Im rejecting society and life, im just gunna get a gun, and im gonna find a nice quiet cave in the wilderness somewhere, and im gonna make a buncha pointy sticks, and im gonna baricade myself inside the cave. Im just gunna be a little recluse hermit and I wont have to deal with all the shit of the world. Yes, I have reasons for saying this, and no, I dont care to explain them to anyone because trusting people is what causes all of my problems so ppl can all bugger off and leave me in my solitude... *bitter bitter rage*

Nothing is going right. I feel like I keep hitting the same brick wall, over and over again. It's like some sick joke, and I'm tired of it. Even when I try and make the most of things, somehow they come back and kick my ass.

Yeah, I know how it is,I have had very similar problems for years now. Sometimes i think after surviving all I've been through, I must be capable of surviving nuclear war.
Just gotta hang on, grit your teeth, and forge ahead.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

((((many hugs for April))))

Well sorry April, but I am in no shape to offer you any advice there, but I can listen and I'm only an email away so use it ok?

[This message has been edited by WhackaMole (edited 05-14-2002).]

{{{{April!}}}}}}}

I know it's tough girlie...just hang in there, things are bound to get better soon! I was in your situation too not too long ago - feeling like things were never going to change, and well... they did as you well know
smile.gif
You know you can always give me a call too if you want to vent!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Say Goodbye, Don't Follow.

Rest in Peace Layne.

zoney, yep-way too long, buddy.

miss mac, we be strong women, 'k? I'll be right there in that nuclear war with ya.

whacka...friends are good to lean on. I'm always an email away as well. *hugs*

Kath...thanks so much girl. I'll make sure to take you up on that offer soon.
smile.gif

Sis...I know you know. *hugs*

((((((((((((((APRIL))))))))))))))

I know it's hard to believe and see but things WILL work out.. but you already know that.
smile.gif
smile.gif
And hey, this leaves you open for some new experiences that I know are coming your way!

**hugs**

------------------
She comes in colors you know she's gonna turn the daylight on

*U2 Take Me Higher*

you know what helps me when all the shit happens, PopAngel? try reading a really good book that totally makes you aware of what you're doing to yourself mentally. Try The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, I'm reading it right now and it's a phenomenal piece of literature (in fact I need to find someone to discuss it with as soon as I'm finished). Just be careful not to believe too much of it, a lot of it seems real and it's very depressing, until you realize a lot of it is the illusion that is.

Just my weird idea, I dunno, it helps me a bit
smile.gif

and good luck with your class.

------------------
tomorrow's just an excuse away
so I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own...

Your teacher irritates me!!!
irritated.gif
Quantity not quality, that is the shittiest (is that even a word? lol!) thing I've ever heard!!

Anyway, good luck in your school, April!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom