I'm really anal about...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
organising my music. I'm a crap musician (ie. I can't sing and all that) but I like to organise my CD collection alphabetically, and I have to rename my mp3s alphabetically and so on. I harbour this fantasy (if you can call it that) someone will find my playlist one day and say "wow, this guy has great taste".

Ever since I worked in a record store, I alphabetize my cd's too. My mp3's I dont really pay much attention to if its named in the right order.

you're not alone. i don't know whether i should be admitting this, but my cds are organised in terms of what country the band is from/associated with (bands like gaelic storm have members who aren't all irish, but they play irish music). within that, they're alphabetizd and then the albums are put in chronological order if i have mulitple albums by the band

my mp3s are in alphabetical order

cassettes and vinyl are organised like the cds...

you're cool :up: in that insane dorky sort of way that so many of us are

I sort my CD's by genre...then by artist...if I have multiple CD's by the same artist, they then go in chronological order. I have different stacks for Irish/Celtic, British, Latin, Pop, Rock, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Country Rock, Rockabilly, Folk, Punk, Classical and sucky...sucky being something I picked up on a whim and hated and only listened to once.

My vinyl is sorted by artist and year and my mp3s are sorted by artist and album alpabetically.

I don't sort any of my cds, and half of them aren't even in the cd covers, some are in storage boxes, and some are in my cd shelf, and some are on top of my cd player, and even on top of my computer...and I don't label my video tapes either :ohmy: :reject: :lol:

how do you know what's on your tapes ABEL? :huh:

I label all my videos and sort them by subject matter. And after I watch one, it has to go back in the same spot or I get all obessive and can't stop looking at the out of order tapes :reject:

I sort my CD's alphabetically and categorizically. (<-- new word?)

I label my tapes.....

I am anal. :yes:

another thing--i'm a compulsive mix tape organiser. everything has to have the band, the song title, the album, and many things have other info, like when the album comes out if i taped it when the single was new, or if it's on a soundtrack or a comp...or if the band has members from another band...any info like that, it's all in the tape card...

I sort my cd alphabetically and chronologically...for example it would bother me to no end to see ATYCLB before JT.

I have my mp3's sorted by artist. and when I want to listen to a variety of music I have playlists set up for different moods I'm in.

Off and on for about two months now I've been developing a dewey decimal system for any and all U2 recordings :reject:

Everything else I have alphabeticalized. If I have more than one album from the same artist, I then place them by the year it was released. This reminds me, I need to get to Ikea to buy yet another CD rack. :shifty:

btw if anyone else is interested in my U2ey Decimel system can let me know :wink: once I finish the project I'll publish it for everyone heh heh. :crackhead:

:lol: Every time I see "anal" in here I must laugh..because I'm reminded of the Latin word "anus". (meaning ass)

:lmao:

I sort my CDs by listening amount: the ones I listen to most often are on the top shelves, and I put CDs from a band/artist together.

I write the tracklist on my tapes, but that's it. (and if it's U2 tapes, I'll add a picture) :D

So far I have only one videotape with U2 stuff, where I wrote down the contents - so far it's "various videos, Elevation tour (Boston) and Slane special".

I'm anal about so many things...don't get me started! :lol:

Like I was talking to my friend Tara yesterday about how I have to sit in the same seat every day in a class or else I totally freak out. Sometimes I even go to class early so I can make sure nobody sits in my seat! :lmao:

I love U2girl's first sentence...so that must mean it's OK for me to say this....
you should try having 3 anusi (anusi~ latin -plural- more than one ass)...truly.
My records are in alphabetical order, my CD's are sorted by gender, boy's one end girls the other,everyone else in the middle. CD's I don't play much are on the shelf that's hard to reach.
I think I can subconciously put my hand to anything in a matter of seconds by remembering, colour and font style of an album cover.

Music, foodstuffs,documents, tools, clothes....
I was just thinking the other day, what an excellent quarter -master I am. (someone has to say something nice ocassionally) For some reason the men in my life except me to know where everything is, instantly.
Funny thing is...I do!
( what a dag)

U2 ( as you would expect) have their own shelf, place of honour, eye level, easy access.

Cleasai said:
Off and on for about two months now I've been developing a dewey decimal system for any and all U2 recordings :reject:

Everything else I have alphabeticalized. If I have more than one album from the same artist, I then place them by the year it was released. This reminds me, I need to get to Ikea to buy yet another CD rack. :shifty:

btw if anyone else is interested in my U2ey Decimel system can let me know :wink: once I finish the project I'll publish it for everyone heh heh. :crackhead:

freak :lol: :sexywink:

wertsie said:
Sometimes I even go to class early so I can make sure nobody sits in my seat! :lmao:

it's really funny how crazy people get when you sit in their seat...

WHA?! Com'n people, you're supposed to arrange CDs AUTOBIOGRAPHICALLY!!

Sheesh... git wit it, man!

:scratch: soulmofo, you have manged to confuse me

no don't take that as a compliment, i confuse easily

theSoulfulMofo said:
you seen the movie High Fidelity?

that explains things..no i haven't, it's on the list of movies i need to see though, it's just never at the store when i go to rent movies

Mine are alphabetically, althouygh i sometimes forget to put them back in the alpha order.

my mp3s are all aphabetized. Artist, song. If I have more than 5 songs per artist, they get a whole folder. Folders are alphabetized. Song names must be capitalized and spelled properly.

Grammar geek :reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom