I'm Obsessed With Classmates.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
I can't help it. I check Classmates.com on a regular basis. I'm fascinated by what my former classmates are doing. :crack:

Do you guys visit Classmates?

They really suck for how much info they give you now - basically nothing :down: The only interesting thing is if the girls have changed their last names so you know they got married. I don't really wanna pay what they are asking just.....just because :mad:

I don't blame you. I'm a paid member. :reject: And I don't really think I get my money's worth - but I do get most of their life information as in location, etc.. Much much more info that way, but like I said, I'm obsessed.. so I apparently care tooooo much. :crack:

I just graduated in 2000, so my friends haven't become long lost yet. Also, in hopes of preventing from losing too much touch, I was able to gather around 40 people I graduated with and start a Yahoo! Group. It doesn't get much action, but every so often somebody will post a little update. It's nice to still have a bunch of us in contact.

I registered but I refuse to pay. I used to check it all the time until I went to my 10 year reunion last year, which a waste of money. I 've just come to the realization that I see everyone from high school that I want to see. After the reunion I'm not really all that curious to see what happened to former classmates.

I can't wait til my reunion. But yeah, I can see myself losing great interest once I've seen all the people again and have that closure.

arw9797 said:
I registered but I refuse to pay. I used to check it all the time until I went to my 10 year reunion last year, which a waste of money. I 've just come to the realization that I see everyone from high school that I want to see. After the reunion I'm not really all that curious to see what happened to former classmates.

Same thing here arw9797.

i graduated last year....and i avoid seeing people i graduated with like the plague.

we have our own alumni site though, so no need for classmates.

I don't talk to anyone from high school, but I have such an inferiority complex that I check those sites (classmates.com and alumni.net) sometimes too. :reject:

I check it out every now and then. I'm just curious to see what's going on in my old classmates' lives. It would be nice though if they gave out more information about what schools they're going to, where they're working, etc.
I'm not that focused on the ten year reunion since that's long off (I graduated in 2000). But yeah, I'll go, just to see what's going on. And I think I'll do the same thing, HelloAngel: find out what's happening, and then not care much anymore. It's going to be a sense of closure.

Perle

Last edited:
never go there - i speak to 1 person i went to HS with maybe once every 2 months.

I know some people who work at classmates.com (did some stuff with them for work a year or so ago). Anyone want a sweatshirt type thing they sent me? I have never worn it.

i didn't know people actually used classmates.com....i thought it was just an annoying ad that pops up and freezes my computer occasionally. does this mean people use the ninja camera as well? :ohmy:

I don't use classmates.com either. I grew up in a small town where everyone knows everyone else anyways...if I really wanted to get in touch with someone I graduated with I could....I've never been to any of my reunions :shrug:

I often check the Friends Reunited site - the uk & Ireland version. although i have to admit I had more fun looking for/at people who went to Mount Temple in the late 70's than I did looking at my own school / university :reject:

there's a larry mullen and an alison stewart registsered on there but I bet it wasn't them - just someone playing silly buggers. and there isn't any info for them :der:

I actually created and run my highschool's alumni website :reject: I joined, paid, and use classmates to help me in finding those hard to find alumnis for other people. My school actually deosn't have reunions (unless the students themselves throw them) so the site is all that we have. :shrug:

How much does it cost? I bet some people lie about what they're doing, or if they're a real loser (like me) not put anything at all!

I didn't like most of the people in my school. I guess it can be interesting to see what became of them all though.

I was obsessed with it a few years ago but the few people I did get back in touch with turned out to be...um, for lack of a better word, losers. They probably say the same thing about me but our reunions just didn't work.

One girl who was my good friend from 3rd through 7th grade turned out to be a psycho who still lives at home (she's 36) and sent me her phone number and address about 30 times. I had to block her email after a while. I'm glad we met at a public place and she didn't find out where I live.

The other person I met was an ex boyfriend who apparently thought he was making the trip from Reno to California to hook up with me again :huh: When he got here, he told me I had gained a lot of weight since high school and then hit on my sister. He emailed me for weeks after that asking for her number and when I wouldn't give it to him, he stopped talking to me.

I'm better off just keeping the friends I have...high school was 18 years ago for me and we're all just too different now.

i registered there way back when but i deleted my account. mainly, i did it because i was fucking sick of the e-mails and they were saying the only way to stop getting them was to delete your account. i really don't care that someone for the class of 2004 registered!

we, in theory, have an alumni page. i got a flyer about it when i graduated, and they said to check our high school's page. of course there's no mention of it. my guess is either it doesn't exist (because they got lazy) or i just wasn't told since i wasn't part of the cool crowd.

i don't care anyway. i still live in town so in theory i can easily catch up with anyone i want to. but i don't care really. when they come around, i've got no desire to go to any of my reunions, if we have any. i hope to be long gone by the time the five year anniversary comes around, so i won't even have to deal with it.

I registered at SchoolFriends a while back, the aussie one, and had a good chuckle over it. It surprised me how honest every single person was. None of their bio's could have been falsified as they were too ordinary. Seems people I went to school with are all grown up and happy that they are secure and content at where they've neded up. Except for one girl I used to hang with a bit who is a NASCAR driver and is having an affair with Jesse Ventura :lol: I read one bio of one of the year's deadshit's and he was raving on about his wonderful girlfriend and how he finished his mechanic apprenticeship and hoped to one day open his own workshop and support his little 3 year old girl. I read it and thought 'what happened? You used to throw water bombs at everyone!'...Its funny and reminiscent, seeing sites like that.
Might go back and check it out again.
:)

classmates.com is a waste of money. i wish i never paid for that shit.

Back
Top Bottom