I'm moving 2000 km away-a confession of the heart!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Another U2 nut!

Acrobat
Well this is it, tomorrow the moving people are taking my stuff, and I'm moving from the Gold Coast to Cairns. It's 2000+ km away from where my whole life and everyone in it has been since I was 5, so 19 years! I'm leaving all my friends and stuff tomorrow and I'm ever so sad!

What makes it worse is that there is one friend who I can't bear to leave, and it makes me realise that I'm semi in love with him, even though I've always denied it to myself! So now I'm leaving, and now neither of us will ever know!!??? I'm sooooooo cut up about it. I don't know what to think or feel.

I've come to terms with leaving everyone, but when I went to say goodbye to him, I just cried and cried on his shoulder. He thought it was cuz I'm leaving everyone, and said "Don't worry, you'll make new friends." But what he didn't realise was that I only cried for him!!

I always thought, you know, why would someone like him be interested in someone like me? Sure we have a connection, but he's 10 years older, and has had some bad relationships in the past- what would a 34 yo see in a 24 yo?

But I suppose I'll never know now, even though my friends told me to say something before it was too late. Even now it's not, because I have a day before I go as I write this. But I'm too afraid to even take that risk, even though I will very soon be 2000km away.

Change can be scary but it is often good for us -

I don't think there's any harm in letting this guy know how you feel, though long-distance relationships are very difficult. You never know thouugh, he may feel the same way and be willing to go where you're going! You'll never know if you don't speak up...

And 34-24 is not a huge age gap :no:

You're moving to Cairns!!!!!!!!!!!
:love:

Cairns!!!!!!
:love: !!!!!!!!

Moving anywhere, whether it be on, up, away, whatever direction is always hard. You should tell him though, as it's only going to gnaw at you if you don't. Moving that distance is not the kind of space to be leaving such unresolved things behind. You can run from things but they always follow.

Cairns!

take me? please?!

Good luck, but let him know, for your own sanity.
:hug:

Yeah I told him. He's not ready for a relationship cuz he's floating about at the moment, and hasn't got his own house yet after a bit of moving about and is staying with a mutual friend. He also

also............?

Yeah, long distance relationshps are really tough.....

But sometimes you've gotta let your heart feel the pain.
I don't know why, but, I seem like I have to say that....

Another U2 nut! said:
Yeah I told him. He's not ready for a relationship cuz he's floating about at the moment, and hasn't got his own house yet after a bit of moving about and is staying with a mutual friend. He also

ohh! So unresolved. The suspense is killer

For Honor said:
also............?

Yeah, long distance relationshps are really tough.....

But sometimes you've gotta let your heart feel the pain.
I don't know why, but, I seem like I have to say that....

Sometimes I hate myself when I say things that sort of are very true, at least in regards to me.

Back
Top Bottom