I'm losing it... (U2 related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexvilagosh

War Child
I haven't listened to any U2 since early December.

I didn't list them in a list of my favourite bands the other day.

I much prefer Radiohead, Blur, Beck and British Sea Power. I'd rather see any of those bands live than U2, except possibly Radiohead as I've seen them.

I've been angry at U2 recently for all their money making schemes, esp. the ticket fiasco, and I wasn't even effected by it.

When I come to this site I only look here, the other music forum and the sport forum.

It seems to me that this album has killed U2 for a lot of people. There are a number of threads just like this one...

If you don't like U2, you don't like U2. People's interests can change over time. Just listen to what you enjoy.

Yeah, I went for something like six years of very little listening to U2. I had other interests and I was a student under a ton of pressure. After about six years, though, I started to listen to them again and it was great. Your mileage may vary.

I say to you: "close your eyes and HEAR... and FEEL the music"

that's the best drug for this... FEELING U2

I'm hearing WILD IRISH ROSE.... so peaceful, yet powerfull... :drool:

Why are you mad at them for the ticket thing? It was a mistake, not a scheme. People are getting their $ back and Larry said sorry.

I'd say it's alright for you to enjoy other bands. Maybe even more than U2 right now. But I don't think this album has ruined U2 for as many people as you make it sound. The majority or U2 fans I know enjoy the album and are still huge fans!

One of them, whom I work for, even had trouble with the whole pre sale ticket thing as well, but she and her husband were still so excited to have the 200 level seats at the United Center in Chicago.

Whatever the case, listen to what you will. Maybe U2 will find their way back, Until then, it's not the end of the world. :)

Tis music I'm addicted to Pulp right now but I haven't left U2 come on ppl trivial stuff indeed

Well if you don't like U2 anymore thats fine....maybe your taste in music is changing it happens.
Like someone said listen to what makes you happy...if its not U2 well so be it.

I listened to U2, 3 hours ago, there are about 5 radio stations in my area, that regularly, or occasionally, play U2 songs, hehe, it's a good thing I'm a fan.

I started getting into U2 in late 2000, they're still my favourite band, though I do listen to other bands, mostly new/up and coming bands.

Don't drink the U2 Hate-or-ade:shame:

Don't hate, congradulate....or whatever the kidz are saying these days.

I don't mind when someone says that they're not into U2 or whatever. After all, I've been the only U2 fan in my family for 22 years. No one else in my family likes *anything* post-punk, or for that matter even punk. They're all into retro and jazz. But they tolerate my U2 fandom. The stuff I'm complaining about includes notes on another list that actually use the word "despise" and are otherwise downright malicious. Hell, I'll just as soon crank up some klezmer, Hesperus, Ukrainian folk music or the New World Renaissance Band.........in fact that's all I listened to for a solid week when my U2 fandom had temporarily turned into a pain in the ass due to these hateful remarks. There are so few U2 fans in Birmingham that we really should be on some endangered species list. The only time this really bothers me is when I can't find anyone to go to a show in Atlanta with me, making the whole thing impossible because it's too bloody expensive.

Last edited:
What I didn't say in that post is that I couldn't care less that someone doesn't want to listen to U2's music. My first eight years of membership in my medieval re-enactment society I listened to very little U2, I listened to about ten times medieval stuff as I did U2. In fact, I didn't know when Zooropa came out and didn't get that album until 1999. I do object when they question the band's integrity. After all, Ticketbastard is such a monopoly that the government actually looked into breaking it up, and unfortunately, did not. (This is according to an article written by Dave Marsh) It was the Clinton Administration that decided not do this lest I be accused of any liberal bias here. If they'd had the guts to do this none of this would have happened. They don't have any competition. I knew U2 would apologize and work hard to try to prevent a repeat of this, because God knows it wasn't fun for them either.

Oops, damn near let Clear Channel off the hook here. They're a bunch of monopolistic, greedy bastards also. They and Ticketbastard have their hands in the pockets of every politician in D.C. Stone Goddard of Pearl Jam talked in an interview about this. He said if they hadn't worked with Ticketbastard and Clear Channel they would have ended up playing in a mud field with no restrooms, no nothing, which he almost euphemistically called "a pain in the ass".
No kidding.

Birmingham is not a big city, because it has many suburbs. The best thing it has going for it is that it's not expensive. The people are nice, generally speaking. We Southerners like our manners. The weather is OK if you can put up with infernally hot summers. Sometimes in July or August the heat index is as high as 115 because of the humidity. I don't know how we managed before air conditioning, we didn't have it when I was growing up! If you think you'd like to live here, and we like it, come on down!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom