I'm jealous of international travelers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cass said:
PS: just thought I should say, I know meggannie was just kidding.

I was just kidding about the bastards part ;) , but not about not being able to afford it. I can't even afford to go to Scotland for a week, no matter how much I'd like to go back to Edinburgh for the festival stuff. :( ???? Not to mention that I also have to find a flight to North Carolina for Christmas and then one to Indiana. :down:

:crack:money:crack:

Sicy said:
I am so glad I dont have to get on a plane for my job :crack:

planes :yikes:

Just got back from Detroit.....Who's jealous of me? :crack:

DAILY, I want to strangle people who get to travel. :shifty:

Actually, this is one of the things I really enjoy about my job....I get to talk to people who are just finishing a visit (school) - or headed off to a cool adventure. In a way, because we have so many International Passengers flying out of my, I get a chance to learn about their culture. I have learned a great deal in my few months here at this job.

Recap: Amsterdam and beyond passenger :up:
Tokyo passenger and beyond :down: (these are the ones I want to strangle)

enggirl said:

The world is so much smaller than you think.

that is the one thing i noticed while traveling in Ireland last May. I wish i could do all of the traveling right now but it mainly has to do with the financial obligations and time off that i do and do not have. if i were a student and had my summers off to myself again, i would be spending months traveling over seas. but since i only get a small amount of time for vacation a year with my job it makes it difficult and toss in bills, rent, car payments, insurance, etc. those $$$ start disappearing. :mad:

I was over in europe when i was younger and i would love to go back but i just don't have the money right now.

and i know people who have to do a lot of business travel hate it but imagine us that their job doesn't send us anywhere but the cafeteria and the recycling bin. even though you don't travel far and you may think that the places you go aren't interesting...they are places that a lot of people have never been.

no business trips are not like vacations. the only places you get to see mainly are an airport, a hotel, a board room, and back again. but still it's better than being stuck in the same cubicle walls day in and day out.

Sweet Tart said:
no business trips are not like vacations. the only places you get to see mainly are an airport, a hotel, a board room, and back again. but still it's better than being stuck in the same cubicle walls day in and day out.

i will agree with you on that. i am a bit spolied and can't stand being in the office a full week anymore. i am always trying to find a way to get out of here. so today i scheduled a meeting to go down to Savannah and that will be in a week. I will fly in the night before so i can visit my old city that i used to get in trouble in back in the days of GSU. :up: :yes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom