I'm in lust...and she's 21 years my senior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
I am head over heels for the most beautiful, sexy, wild, woman...and she happens to be 46. Not a problem, right? Well, I'm 24 (three weeks shy of 25), and I need advice on this issue.

Mainly...

Is this normal? I've never dated anyone more than 3 years ahead of me.

At least she's not 21 years your junior.

Ask yourself what you expect from it. Is it one-night stand material or would you want anything more? When you're 44, she'll be 66. Personally? I'd look elsewhere, but hey...reread my first sentence. :wink:

Melon

As long as you're both of legal age (which you obviously are), there is nothing wrong with it. Good luck with things!!! :)

Yeah, I have considered the aspect of a longterm relationship, but mostly I believe she'd be a lot of fun. Who knows what the future holds, but the maturity mixed with the vitality is intoxicating.

Thank heaven...for older girls! They're getting older everyday. :)

starsgoblue said:
I don't think there is anything wrong with it? I'm 24 and I find older men to be very attractive.

Boy, I'll say she does :wink: You should read her PLEBA posts :lol:

I think that for me, that's a bit of a thing to overcome, because I'd feel like at 25, I want something different from life than the person who's already passed through this stage 20 years ago.

Higher than "usual" or "normal" but hey, you're both adults.

You didn't say how she feels and if she knows how you feel...

Works in Hollywood, why not for you???

Demi + Ashton

Mira Sorvino + husband (what's his name?)

Susan Sarandon + Tim Robbins

Juliette Mills + Maxwell Caulfield

Goldie Hawn + Kurt Russell

just a few.....:yes:

Don't laugh at me too hard, but I think there's plenty of beautiful women over 35 out there. Look at Bono's wife!

Oh and yes maturity! I like that in a woman. It's very attractive.

Last edited:
Like Melon said
When you're 44, she'll be 66

My aunt got re-married about 9 years ago now. It caused real problems in our family but a lot of it was due to religion and him being a biggot more than the age gap (of just over 20 years) between them. Before the religion issue, my aunts sisters fought with her and told her this man was too old for her. She completely changed. Now he is nearly 70 and she is 45 or 46 I think. Apparently she spends all her time looking after him and is quite depressed and now all she does is go to work and come home and look after him.

I think if she likes you too go for it and see what happens. If you end up together and are both happy I think that is wonderful. You can't help who you fall in love with. An age gap does can cause problems in some families though, well the families I know anyway. :slant:

I guess it all depends on what you're looking for or expecting. A woman in her 40's might be looking for a fun fling with a younger guy...in that case you might be the one to get hurt if turns into more than lust on your part. If you are both in it for fun, go for it. You're both adults.

My mom has been happily married for 22 years to a man 9 years her junior...I think he was 23 and she was 32 when they met. They've never had an age issue and are obviously very compatable considering I now have 3 additional brothers and sisters ranging in age from 21 to 15.

I think it's great, because I think it's downright pathetic that some men think women over 30 are worthless.

As long as you're both honest about what you want. There's the potential for hurt in any relationship. Obviously there's a big difference between lust and love.

U2democrat said:
hmmmm i'm not so sure using hollywood relationships as an example is so smart.........:wink:

Well, let's look at the way I meant, obviously you're probably too young, at 18, to recognize that 3 of those 5 couples have been together 20 years each...the other two couples are new, and who's to say they won't last that long either...that's all I meant. that these types of partnerships do work... :wink:

Bono's American Wife said:
I guess it all depends on what you're looking for or expecting. A woman in her 40's might be looking for a fun fling with a younger guy...in that case you might be the one to get hurt if turns into more than lust on your part. If you are both in it for fun, go for it. You're both adults.

My mom has been happily married for 22 years to a man 9 years her junior...I think he was 23 and she was 32 when they met. They've never had an age issue and are obviously very compatable considering I now have 3 additional brothers and sisters ranging in age from 21 to 15.

And yes, I am 7 years OLDER than my father-in-law...:lmao:

Mr. BAW said:

And yes, I am 7 years OLDER than my father-in-law...:lmao:

Thats funny and cool at the same time! :lol:

Regarding the question on the thread. I say if it works for you go for it. My only problem would be on an interpersonal level. Can you relate on that level? You are from different generations, different experiences. That can work for you or against you. If it works for you, go for it! :up:

i've always had a thing for older men, much older. if they're under 30 i usually don't like them. i think its a maturity thing. but finally i have a crush MY age which is exciting, but still when i see good looking men who are 30+ i can't help but to check them out. it's awkward but i can't help it because i'm human :shrug:

As with everything in life, there's more to the story that just having a lustful crush on this woman. There are several factors weighing against the possibility of something happening, but currently I could care less about those hindrences.

I'm going to see this one through and hopefully get some lovin'. ;).....Hey, I AMMMM a guy!

U2democrat said:
i've always had a thing for older men, much older. if they're under 30 i usually don't like them. i think its a maturity thing. but finally i have a crush MY age which is exciting, but still when i see good looking men who are 30+ i can't help but to check them out. it's awkward but i can't help it because i'm human :shrug:

I've always gone out with people a few years older than me but earlier this year I tried going out with someone who was 10 years older than me. I met him a few weeks ago and he had jsut turned 30. :slant: Really not a good idea. It's strange when you're still a student listening to someone talk about his mortgage, career, plans for well into the future while you worry about saving enough money to pay uni fees and get out to see your friends during the weekend and have fun and not think about serious things like mortgages. Meeting their friends is also a strange experience. It might have been different if I was a bit older but it just didn't feel right now. Even though we got along very well I just felt uncomfortable seeing someone so much older than me, I hated telling my friends his age I think it bothered me more than them. I knew my parents would not be happy either.

I also met someone when I was out this week. He was 30 too, he thought I was about 24 or 25. I don't know why I meet older people, they all must assume I am older than I am. (I am 20 soon). Last night I was talking to my Mum and she asked was I going out. I said no but I had been invited on a date but said no because they guy was 31. This started my Mum off on one about how I shouldn't go out with anyone older than 29 because a 10 year age gap is enough for me.

When i was 22 ( six years ago ) i had something going on with a 37 year old woman. It was fun, it was,,,, well let me see !!!!,, Sexy as hell. But nomatter how much i liked her, then something didn´t fit. I used to tell myself, that if she was just my age then i had found the one for me. And thats when i knew it would never work. If it could work, then i would not have had those thoughts.

We parted as friends, and it was all good. I still think about her from time to time, because it WAS something special.

I´d say go for it,, But you will quickly find out where its gonna go,,

Back
Top Bottom