I'm In Big Trouble, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
If he shows up I hope you wake up in a different bed tomorrow :wink:

I however will hopefully be in my very own bed though! :uhoh: :sexywink:

:lol:

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm ALL fuzzy now... I went to tell him to have a good weekend (he's leaving at 4) and he turned around and said with a big grin, "Oh yeah, you too." He asked if I had any shows this weekend (lol) and I told him about drinks with Miroslava tonight and kind of let it hang there. He gave me this look and said, kind of in a low voice, "Oh yeah, anywhere special?" I told him where and we talked about it for a bit and how quiet I am and how in some bars I really have to shout. I told him people think I'm a snob because I'm quiet and he was like, "You're not at all, and I can spot them a mile away," :cute:

It was a cute talk and his focus was completely on me. I knocked down a file at my feet so I bent down to pick it up (right in front of where he was sitting, hehe)... My cheeks are all flushed and I'm going to enjoy that martini tonight!

:drool:

You realize what you should've done here, right?

Him: Oh yeah, anywhere special?
You: Oh you know, just this place here. I'll be there in with a friend or two.
Him: Sounds nice....
You: You know, you're welcome to come along if you want...

I've been reading this thread for awhile now and it's starting to less remind me of 'Lost in Translation' and more like the couple in "Love Actually' who have crushes on each other at work and eventually act on it at a Christmas party. You all remember that movie?:cute:

AngelofHarlem01 said:
I've been reading this thread for awhile now and it's starting to less remind me of 'Lost in Translation' and more like the couple in "Love Actually' who have crushes on each other at work and eventually act on it at a Christmas party. You all remember that movie?:cute:

That movie does come to mind on occasion :hmm:

AngelofHarlem01 said:

I've seen that movie but it's been a while... Methinks I may have to rent it again soon. :hmm:

Carrie, I'm sooooo out of the loop re: Grey's Anatomy! :reject: You'll have to fill me in!

Adam and Jess... I do wonder a bit now if he was waiting to be invited, but in a way I'm glad I didn't because it would have been too "easy"... Better for me to make him wait it out a bit, wonder and suffer a little for once, hehe. :sexywink:

I absolutely LOVED the tone of his voice when he asked if it was anywhere special... :combust:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Adam and Jess... I do wonder a bit now if he was waiting to be invited, but in a way I'm glad I didn't because it would have been too "easy"... Better for me to make him wait it out a bit, wonder and suffer a little for once, hehe. :sexywink:

:huh:

:wink:

What he said

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel I do wonder a bit now if he was waiting to be invited, but in a way I'm glad I didn't because it would have been too "easy"... Better for me to make him wait it out a bit, wonder and suffer a little for once, hehe. :sexywink:

But from my understanding he's not doing any wondering or suffering as it is, so... there has to be more initiation before he can do any of that.

You've got to swing when a good pitch comes your way! :) And you could've been totally cool about it and just said it in a "I'm not too concerned either way, but if you're interested" kind of way. That might get him wondering a little. :D And even if he didn't take it that time, at least you've extended the invitation, which might lead to another bar night down the road potentially. :wink:

Last edited:
Re: What he said

Diemen said:

But from my understanding he's not doing any wondering or suffering as it is, so... there has to be more initiation before he can do any of that.

You've got to swing when a good pitch comes your way! :) And you could've been totally cool about it and just said it in a "I'm not too concerned either way, but if you're interested" kind of way. That might get him wondering a little. :D And even if he didn't take it that time, at least you've extended the invitation, which might lead to another bar night down the road potentially. :wink:

Maybe he is and I just don't know it. :tongue: The fact he asked where showed he has at least a bit of an interest, at least I think it does. Again, I'm building here, it's not like I've been working on it for months, just a little over a month. Baby steps, people! :scream: :wink:

Besides, there's always the next time I go... And the lunch invite, of course. :sexywink:

Diemen said:

You realize what you should've done here, right?

Him: Oh yeah, anywhere special?
You: Oh you know, just this place here. I'll be there in with a friend or two.
Him: Sounds nice....
You: You know, you're welcome to come along if you want...

:yes:

next time you have to do that... its the perfect opportunity - its a friday night, a nice bar and at least there's one other person there so its not so much of a "date"

next time you got to nab that opportunity girl!!!

I have to admit that was the perfect time to get him out of the office and into a social environment, it sounds like he was fishing for the invite to me.

ClaytonMan said:
I have to admit that was the perfect time to get him out of the office and into a social environment, it sounds like he was fishing for the invite to me.

Gah, so it looks like what I thought was a great conversation was actually all crap and I did everything wrong? :huh::sigh:

Well, there's always the next time we go, and it just so happens we're going to a bar that's in his neck of the woods. :hmm:

And I've taken polls and yes, I believe he was fishing. :hyper: :drool:

U2democrat said:

isn't it good when you look forward to going to work?

:yes:

ETA: Why is it that everytime I post here in the mornings two seconds later he walks by? lol

I think my being directly across from my (two) bosses really hurts me sometimes in the having him come over and talk department. I had two other friends of mine tell me they feel weird about coming over because they know the bosses keep an eye out. :angry:

Last edited:
slightly quirky question here:-

if you guys do hit it off and get together (which of course we all hope you will) would you ever tell him about this thread?
i know your friend joked about printing it out and putting it on his desk but honestly, if you started going out would you dare reveal that you questioned countless cyber strangers over him?? :ohmy:

digsy said:
slightly quirky question here:-

if you guys do hit it off and get together (which of course we all hope you will) would you ever tell him about this thread?
i know your friend joked about printing it out and putting it on his desk but honestly, if you started going out would you dare reveal that you questioned countless cyber strangers over him?? :ohmy:

Good question!

I'm not really sure... I'd probably tell him about Interland, just in talking about the shows I've gone to and how many of the people I've met this year have been from here, but as for this thread, that may be a looooooong time coming, but I think I probably would eventually tell him. And he probably would think it to be funny! :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom