I'm In Big Trouble, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Windmilllane said:
By the way, how old is this thread now? And I don't mean this thread, which is now Part 2.

My prediction: we will be in Part 5 a year from now.

I'm going to skip the first post b/c it smacks of ignorance. :tsk:

:|

As if anyone cares what you predict. :happy:

WildHoneyAlways said:

I'm going to skip the first post b/c it smacks of ignorance. :tsk:

:|

As if anyone cares what you predict. :happy:

Ooohh... smacks.... I like that.....

See, you got kinky thoughts... Women always think of sex.... When they're not getting it, they let out these subliminal Freudian slips.... like smacks... as in smack my ass.... oh yeah, baby... give it to me good....

Yeah, me like that.

:sexywink:

I agree with Carrie, Irvine, and the rest who say I should build more on the banter he and I already have and go from there. I just started this job in September, and do wish to gain more professional experience and get good references with my time there, so I don't want to make the place miserable in the first 90 days by asking the lone non-attorney male in the office out and having it backfire on me.

The "crush stress" is exactly that at times, stress, but at least it's got a bit of fun mixed in more often than not. I'd rather string that out a bit longer if it'll mean things work out (either way) for myself and him in the end. :shrug:

I'm going to plant the seeds of Miroslava's plan tomorrow if I get a chance by telling him I'm having drinks after work. Maybe that'll jog the old memory and remind him I threw that idea on the table for us a bit ago. :angel:

Psst, Windmill... Ever heard of a thing called a vibrator? It's what us women use when we have the choice between singlehood and men like yourself. :wink:

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Psst, Windmill... Ever heard of a thing called a vibrator? It's what us women use when we have the choice between singlehood and men like yourself. :wink:

*sings "Even Better than the Real Thing"*

:sexywink:

Hi there, I've been lurking in this thread for a while, but wanted to send my good thoughts and karma your way.

I'm of the pack that suggests patience. Good things come to those who wait!

I hope that all works out well for you! Good luck.

I think Hello Angel is right on again. Its difficult in an office situation. It is your job after all which is important obviously. You dont want to make that a mess and it can become one very easily. One of my friends had to write up a guy at his office over a situation like this. The girl filed a sexual harrasment complaint against the guy because he asked her out. :shrug: Its an extreme, but it is what it is.

If he didnt work with you I would just say go for it. But since he does, I would error on the side of caution and get a very good idea of where he stands before you make any type of major move. Good luck! :up:

Last edited:
Ever heard of a thing called a vibrator? It's what us women use when we have the choice between singlehood and men like yourself. :wink:

I knew there was a reason why we got along so damn well so fast :lmao:

I had this problem in role reversal, there was a girl who i liked three floors down from me, i used to go down stairs and talk to her alot. made excuses up all the time, just to get down to that floor,
id even go for a coffee at the coffee house across the road when i knew she was going, accidentally of course.

We got on fine for several months, conversations were good but not really that frequent unfortunatley.

I lost a bit of interest to be honest (i didnt think anything would come of it) but little did i know that she was in the same predicament that you are currently in.

She really liked me but i had no idea. I missed several of the hints that were thrown at me, (that maybe cos im a natural flirt anyway)

Alot of what your saying sounds really familiar.

I eventually found out that she liked me at a party which someone at work had for a wedding.

it was soooo...... immature.

i was only talking to one of her friends who happens to be a bit of a tomboy (and a good friend of mine) when she declared her friends desire for me.

what happened next was the WRONG way to go about it.

Getting drunk and getting it on, on the dancefloor for everybody to see.

The pressure at work for weeks later was incredible.

So i urge you not to make that mistake,

ClaytonMan said:
I had this problem in role reversal, there was a girl who i liked three floors down from me, i used to go down stairs and talk to her alot. made excuses up all the time, just to get down to that floor,
id even go for a coffee at the coffee house across the road when i knew she was going, accidentally of course.

We got on fine for several months, conversations were good but not really that frequent unfortunatley.

I lost a bit of interest to be honest (i didnt think anything would come of it) but little did i know that she was in the same predicament that you are currently in.

She really liked me but i had no idea. I missed several of the hints that were thrown at me, (that maybe cos im a natural flirt anyway)

Alot of what your saying sounds really familiar.

I eventually found out that she liked me at a party which someone at work had for a wedding.

it was soooo...... immature.

i was only talking to one of her friends who happens to be a bit of a tomboy (and a good friend of mine) when she declared her friends desire for me.

what happened next was the WRONG way to go about it.

Getting drunk and getting it on, on the dancefloor for everybody to see.

The pressure at work for weeks later was incredible.

So i urge you not to make that mistake,

Oh wow... See, right now I'm of the impression that the man's got absolutely no idea how I'm feeling. You guys that have posted have helped me realize this! If I keep piling on (within a reasonable amount, of course) the compliments and resume normal playful flirting, do you think he'd get it? Or should I slip in something a bit more direct to help pound him over the head?

I have a friend who liked a guy younger than her at work, and turns out she was so adamant about her crush to everyone else that when she finally did tell him he said, "Yeah, I know... How come you could tell everyone you liked me but ME?" She warned me about that, but as far as I know only 3 of my friends here know. :shh:

Thats why you got us.
People you can turn to and ask the questions that need answering in comfort that no one will judge you or spread the gossip.

Last edited:
Here's a thought: Maybe I could ask him to lunch? It's safe, and hell, people go to lunch with work friends all the time. :hmm:

Forgive me if this idea has already been thrown out before; I may have missed it while in the midst of a drool binge. :wink:

I was also talking to my friend here and reminded her of when I moved last year he was asking me all sorts of questions about where and when, etc. and I had mentioned having to move Mia, so the next day after I moved he came up for a check and asked if I had "moved my pussy" ok. :giggle: She said in reply to that, "Ok, you are just two confused people. You didn't take THAT as a hint?"

You know, I think asking him to lunch would be a great idea -- and especially a fabulous idea on a day when you guys have very jokey banter :)

HelloAngel said:
You know, I think asking him to lunch would be a great idea -- and especially a fabulous idea on a day when you guys have very jokey banter :)

agreed.

it's the way to go.

:up:

Here's a thought: Maybe I could ask him to lunch? It's safe, and hell, people go to lunch with work friends all the time. :hmm:

hehe...once Rick and I progessed from sexy banter to office lunch dates, I was late getting back to my desk almost every day :giggle: :sexywink:

:whistle:

I'm ALL fuzzy now... I went to tell him to have a good weekend (he's leaving at 4) and he turned around and said with a big grin, "Oh yeah, you too." He asked if I had any shows this weekend (lol) and I told him about drinks with Miroslava tonight and kind of let it hang there. He gave me this look and said, kind of in a low voice, "Oh yeah, anywhere special?" I told him where and we talked about it for a bit and how quiet I am and how in some bars I really have to shout. I told him people think I'm a snob because I'm quiet and he was like, "You're not at all, and I can spot them a mile away," :cute:

It was a cute talk and his focus was completely on me. I knocked down a file at my feet so I bent down to pick it up (right in front of where he was sitting, hehe)... My cheeks are all flushed and I'm going to enjoy that martini tonight!

:drool:

I'm ALL fuzzy now... I went to tell him to have a good weekend (he's leaving at 4) and he turned around and said with a big grin, "Oh yeah, you too." He asked if I had any shows this weekend (lol) and I told him about drinks with Miroslava tonight and kind of let it hang there. He gave me this look and said, kind of in a low voice, "Oh yeah, anywhere special?" I told him where and we talked about it for a bit and how quiet I am and how in some bars I really have to shout. I told him people think I'm a snob because I'm quiet and he was like, "You're not at all, and I can spot them a mile away," :cute:

It was a cute talk and his focus was completely on me. I knocked down a file at my feet so I bent down to pick it up (right in front of where he was sitting, hehe)... My cheeks are all flushed and I'm going to enjoy that martini tonight!

:drool:

:dancing:

I told you to dooooooooooooo it! :macdevil:

See you in an hour! We'll have to do our special ed "bumping fists" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom