I'm In Big Trouble (Or Not), Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2bonogirl said:
:hmm: splitting a lunch is like sharing a lunch....and sharing a lunch is like having lunch together....
Im a hopeless romantic. Any little glimmer of hope makes me excited :wink: :hug:

Thanks, Tara. :hug:

As for things now, it's only been a week and I think I've been fine. Today was good, and again, I've been calm and cool.

Maybe it's time for this thread to die, people must be sick to death of it since last week. ;) If anything major happens or the tide turns I'll let you all know.

I suppose this is a right choice.

And April, I really hope something good comes your way -- maybe a beautiful stranger will knock at your door sooner than you can imagine!

Finger crossed!

Thank you, and it would be much appreciated after the fun that was the holiday lunch. :angry:

Everything was fine until I saw the married blonde practically following him around the entire time during lunch... I left the party early. My friends said if he and I were to go around like that people would talk but she's safe. Oh yes, and this one is younger, too, so what in hell would he have to talk to HER about?

Sorry, vent post... Ignore me.

Earlier in the day he walked past and when he did my friend said he was staring at me the entire time like he was waiting for me to say something. I said, "Let him keep waiting."

I found out some pretty interesting things today through a friend of mine here.

She was going to Borders and since I still don't have my car back, offered me a ride so we could buy our bosses gifts. We were talking about some of the more colorful characters in the office and his name inevitably came up. I told her about one of our flirty talks and she said, "Oh yeah, he's fun. But I'd watch out for that one."

As we walked in we continued talking about him, and she said how it's rumored now that he's dating the redhead in the store downstairs. I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. "I thought she was married!" I said, a little too quickly. She said that redhead is going through a divorce right now and she's heard this from a couple of people, and that he's down there now for an hour at a time, etc, but that it could just be that, rumours. In any case, she saw the crestfallen look on my face and asked if I was ok. (She was one I'd never told about my crush.) I told her I had asked him to lunch a few weeks ago, then told her of my crush.

She got a concerned look on her face as she told me he's a great guy, fun, and all that, but for boyfriend material, no way. She said he's not very reliable and he puts his feelers out in too many places. I told her of how I couldn't get rid of him when I first started here and she said that he most likely does find me attractive and does (did) have a crush on me (I told her some of the stuff he's done and said), but that I should be relieved that it won't go anywhere. :slant: She also said that he was probably unsure of how to go about the lunch invite because he may have been starting to talk with that other woman more seriously at the same time. (This other woman, who has brats and also whose elevator doesn't exactly go to the top floor. :| ) She kept saying though, "You're WAY too good for him, honey. I'm telling you this because I care."

I told her what my other friend (one of the three here who knew) said about how he and I would be a cute couple and she said it sounds like we would be compatible (she said he doesn't ever want kids, or to get married again, and likes living alone, etc.), and maybe one day, especially since she thinks it's not a good idea, re: him and the divorcing redhead and that it won't last.

So, yeah... Apparently this man really is a scumpuppy. I know, better for me to find this out, but I feel so disillusioned at the same time. I told my friend how I felt like he would be sweet if he ever had to let me down, etc, and she kept saying how he does have a good heart and is fun, but if I want someone reliable who'll always be there, he's not it.

She did think my idea to write my address in a Christmas card and say, "bring the mistletoe" was a cute idea. Too bad he's already sticking his mistletoe in somewhere else. :mad::sigh:

I still feel like someone punched me in the gut.

:hug: Awww April - I'm sorry. :sigh: It's beginning to look like things aren't SUPPOSED to work with the two of you... and maybe you're finding out why right now.

I will say this though: since you didn't get the story directly from one of the sources "involved", the whole thing may just be office gossip. And if Mr. Blu or I had listened to all the advice from 'friends' who told us this & that about each other 17 years ago, we wouldn't be together now!

At this point, I think it's definately smart to 'Proceed with extreme caution'. :shrug:

It all could be a rumor :)rolleyes: ) but she's going through a divorce and she also has kids so obviously he's not looking for a long term thing. My friend (the one who said we'd be a cute couple) said his ex really messed him up which is why after I told her how he was she thinks he is the way we now know he is.

It's sad, because he is a great guy. Just not emotionally. And that really makes me sad.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Maybe you should plan on Hawaii in April if the rumors are true. May be some men there, or at least some fun (and something to look forward to) :wink: :wink:

Last edited:
U2Girl1978 said:
It's too bad some guys are so screwed up by their exes that they become emotional retards(for lack of a better word) and ruin it for all the good girls out there.

See, I find that amazing that a guy could be that way after being through hell with a girl. I went through it myself and what it taught me is what to look for in a girl and it gave me a better idea of how to tell when a girl is genuine and when she is full of crap. :shrug: I cant ALWAYS tell, but I'm better at it now as a result. :wink: :laugh: Also it has taught me that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being single. Just like everything, its all about what you make of it.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

And is it just me that finds it ironic that in Lost In Translation Bill Murray's character took up with some skanky redhead and dissapointed Scarlett Johannsen?

and isn't she better off for it? what did he whisper in her ear?

i know it's disappointing, but i really think it's all for the best.

you'll be fine. just take some time.

i promise.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
And is it just me that finds it ironic that in Lost In Translation Bill Murray's character took up with some skanky redhead and dissapointed Scarlett Johannsen?

He fucked the redhead in Sausalito because ScarJo's character was married and too young for him. They had a friendship they both felt safe in and while probably attracted to each other, nothing more. Further, he probably liked ScarJo's character more and cared for her which is why he couldn't bring himself to fuck her and mess up the friendship that he valued more.

It really seems like this guy has some issues, even though he might be a great person as a friend. As much as it sucks, it looks to be for the best that nothing happened.

Eventually, somebody is going to find you and be really lucky when they do.

:)

Ugh, that sucks. I'm so sorry. :hug:

I think I would be the one buying your Christmas alcohol. :)

We must be accumulating good karma, right?? It will pay off eventually.

He'll be sorry.

Irvine511 said:

and isn't she better off for it? what did he whisper in her ear?

i know it's disappointing, but i really think it's all for the best.

you'll be fine. just take some time.

i promise.

Thanks, Irvine. I just have to keep thinking of that, and what you and everyone here and what my friends have been saying, especially the friend who told me all this yesterday. "You're WAY too good for him, honey." I just have to keep remembering those words.

Originally posted by Hello Angel

He fucked the redhead in Sausalito because ScarJo's character was married and too young for him. They had a friendship they both felt safe in and while probably attracted to each other, nothing more. Further, he probably liked ScarJo's character more and cared for her which is why he couldn't bring himself to fuck her and mess up the friendship that he valued more.

Exactly. All I could keep thinking of yesterday was the lunch scene where she says, "Well, she is closer to your age," and he says, "I'm sorry there was no one else around to lavish you with attention" (or something else close to that, I never was good with exact quotes from films). It really struck a cord because at times I would feel down if there was a day when he wouldn't talk or flirt with me... Not that I'm taking this movie word for word, it's just strange that this is what our friendship reminded me of when I first saw it and it just seems to be following the same path, albeit very loosely. And I wish that Bob Harris's reasoning for not going with ScarJo (I like that, Carrie!) was his reason for not going with me, but who knows at this point. It's looking more and more now that he was/is interested, but he's got the feelers out in way too many places and right now they're all for the divorcing redhead. :|

Thanks phanan, Beth. You guys are awesome. :yes:

(And I'll be drinking straight vanilla stoli this year, Beth, so keep it coming! :hug: )

2 more days... Back to my old calm and cool self, because he's not worth getting upset over. :(

I guess, if there's a silver lining that can be brought to light here, despite everything...and as much as I wanted things to work out with him because you deserve it -

Is that now you know more about how he is emotionally. It's kind of a blessing that things didn't progressed to where you would have found out too late and within the context of an actual relationship with him, you know? It's a blessing that fate intervened and saved you another heartache caused by someone who is not good enough for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom