I'm In Big Trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This section of the Cure song "high" reminds me of your situation :wink:

And when I see you kitten as a cat
Yeah as smitten as that
I can't get that small
Tthe way you fur
The how you purr
It makes me want to paw you all
And when I see you happy as a girl
That lives in a world of make-believe
It makes me pull my hair all out
To think I could've let you leave

u2bonogirl said:
This section of the Cure song "high" reminds me of your situation :wink:

And when I see you kitten as a cat
Yeah as smitten as that
I can't get that small
Tthe way you fur
The how you purr
It makes me want to paw you all
And when I see you happy as a girl
That lives in a world of make-believe
It makes me pull my hair all out
To think I could've let you leave

:laugh:

If you think that this is the right thing to do, then go for it. Office romances can work if handled with discretion and in an adult manner (and an 'adult' manner :wink: ).

There is an office romance in the firm that I work for that has been going on for 3 years. They are doing just fine working three doors down from each other.

While technically my bf and I don't have an office romance, we did meet while working an event together. The only weird part, if I can call it that, is that his colleagues know about us as do mine (it's a small industry) and we have to make sure that any job he is hired for that I am involved in, doesn't look like favoritism because it can piss off a lot of people.

Just handle these things with discretion and care. If you do that then you should be fine. Also, what else does your heart tell you?

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Nothing says 'I want a relationship' like getting drunk, grabbing someone, and saying 'omg, let's make out'. Always a classy move :wink:

Not that my $0.02 carry much weight, but, make your move soon, and do it with minimum make-outs if you want this to go anywhere.

/is just a kid
/knows diddley

PS--I'm a total flirt/goofball so the 'let's make out' comment was initially laughed off and just chalked to another Meism...intially....:laugh: If you knew me, you'd understand how I work in mysterious ways....:wink:

To clarify, I'm a guy... just so there's no confusion.

starsgoblue said:

PS--I'm a total flirt/goofball so the 'let's make out' comment was initially laughed off and just chalked to another Meism...intially....:laugh: If you knew me, you'd understand how I work in mysterious ways....:wink:

To be honest, I've actually said 'let's make out' a few times in jest myself. A couple times with guys, no less :wink: Oh, how the hilarity ensued.

In any case, I can understand the rationale behind it. Just, as a guy, if some girl asks me if I want to make out, jokingly or not, my guard goes up a little bit and the chances of it happening go way, way down. *shrug* Its kindof a deal-breaker for me; and I figure, why ruin a sure thing? Makeouts do not necessarily mean we men are in the bag. :)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Tomorrow's Monday. :hyper:

My friends have already joked that I should wear a Bridget Jones like top. :tongue: No way in hell! :laugh:

I wonder what that would look like. :hmm:

WildHoneyAlways said:
:hyper:
have you got your plan all worked out??

If I don't see him before I get to my desk I'm emailing him to ask how the Paul McCartney show Friday was. :wink: Hopefully that'll make him come running. :angel:

As for the asking him out thing.... I'm still a bit :yikes: when it comes to that. It's been a weird few weeks, like all that "be careful" and "make sure you can drive home ok" stuff.... Guys, would you say that to a girl you didn't give two rats about?

I think the advice of some older gentlemen would greatly help me at this point, too. I wish we had mud spas. :combust: :whistle:

He values his job and he suspects you're a mole checking "On the Job Sexual Harassment........."

Why don't you try the shock approach; "hey, stud, wanna f---?"

If THAT doesn't do it, forget it!!!!

I know a special someone here who shocked the hell out of me; I invited her to a gathering of friends and family 4 houses down from where I was living...I picked her up, drove her to my place; she asked to see the house and as I reached for the front door, she grabbed my shirt collar and whispers in her best Jessica Rabbit...."I don't need to go to that party...we're staying here!" :springswoodiesmilie:

She was right and she's never left!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Mr. BAW said:
He values his job and he suspects you're a mole checking "On the Job Sexual Harassment........."

Why don't you try the shock approach; "hey, stud, wanna f---?"

If THAT doesn't do it, forget it!!!!

I know a special someone here who shocked the hell out of me; I invited her to a gathering of friends and family 4 houses down from where I was living...I picked her up, drove her to my place; she asked to see the house and as I reached for the front door, she grabbed my shirt collar and whispers in her best Jessica Rabbit...."I don't need to go to that party...we're staying here!" :springswoodiesmilie:

She was right and she's never left!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

:lmao: at the woody smiley!

:hmm:

At this point I'm ready to jump on his desk and tell him, "Kiss me, you fool!"

U2democrat said:

whatever works.

try slow dancing with him...it worked for me :sexywink:

:shifty:

i will say no more.

My friends still maintain that it wouldn't be good for us to be seen together. :shrug: They think that if we are people will start talking.

In any case, I saw him and was in the elevator alone with him (again) and busted his chops for not remembering which floor the person he wanted to talk to worked on. :wink:

I do need to just grab him and kiss him, if I can accept whatever the consequences might be (as my friend put it).

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Nothing says 'I want a relationship' like getting drunk, grabbing someone, and saying 'omg, let's make out'. Always a classy move :wink:

oh my.... I did that last saturday :shocked: :eek: I wasn't drunk... but high too...

but It worked... I was flirting with that guy since the first day at the illustration workshop, and we had a great time at the party so I thought it would be the right moment to show him how much I like him... and he likes me too!!! :D

Last edited:
Ok, it's been decided that there will be some kind of move made before the end of the week. If it doesn't go as planned, well I won't see him until next Wednesday after the U2 shows have helped ease my wounds. :p :wink:

I'm thinking something along the lines of, "Hey, why don't we go suck some face in the conference room after lunch?"

:shh:

ok heres my 2 cents worth

it sounds silly but make sure, before you do anything, that you do in fact really like this guy and it's not just the thrill and sexual tension of it all thats getting you excitied.
i've done that before, done the whole flirting thing, got myself quite worked up over a guy at work and got a kick out of the "misbehaviour" of it all - he's older, i work with him, its not really allowed... makes it all the more exciting.
Problem was when we did actually get together, the next day all of that was gone - challenge/conquest achieved, no more fun and games in this anymore.
and it went downhill really really fast from there - we're only just getting back onto normal talking terms after a year and we were really good friends before it all went wrong.
but that was it i guess, we were friends who spent a lot of time together, circling each other, flirting and dropping these really sly and passing comments at each other that would get anyone else nailed for sexual harrassment!
the flirting just gradually heightened the tension and mood till it was too much and then after half an hour of drunken fooling around one night, it was gone (for me at least) and soon i was getting text messages at 3am asking "why don't you make time for me?????"
hmmm :|

of course, that all probably says a lot more about my own personal character flaws and relationship issues than anything else, i'm just saying dont let the excitement of the whole things flaw your judgement.

next point:
if you do actually really like this guy, then go for it but don't think so hard about it!
if you guys have been chatting and flirting casually for ages and now you're going out of your way to think of things to say and do, he's gonna notice a change in your behaviour and it might freak him out a bit.
it's tough i know, but try to be as normal around him as possible. if you start trying too hard, guys pick up on that and they run a mile! and you DON'T want that!!!

after all that though, it's worth noting that im 23 and exceptionally staggeringly single with my longest relationship lasting 7 months... so you may not want to listen to me at all :wink:

Muggsy said:

oh my.... I did that last saturday :shocked: :eek: I wasn't drunk... but high too...

but It worked... I was flirting with that guy since the first day at the illustration workshop, and we had a great time at the party so I thought it would be the right moment to show him how much I like him... and he likes me too!!! :D

:applaud:
good move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom