I'm in an uproar....it's ridiculous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
As you know my sister just got married last month. She's so happy. You know what? I wish I could be her! There's no question that she's happier than I am right now. I'm frustrated. I feel so ridiculous. I don't want to get into some childish jealousy trip, and I think maybe I'm afraid that's exactly where I'm going. The last time I dated a guy he was abusive and a drunk and I had to break off the relationship. It was really traumatic. I feel so *alone*.

I guess sibling rivalry can be in play here, but there is nothing wrong with wanting more for yourself. I'm sure that her happiness makes what is going on with you more prominent. :hug: I understand, as I've been been wanting more for myself too and have also been in an uproar about it. I don't mean to be, and also feel ridiculous.

Verte,
You know, I kind of understand. My brother just got married in November and he is boarderline annoyingly giddy. I know probably too many people have just said this, but I'll try to make it sound as sincere as I mean this. Some day, you will find the right guy. Just know you're not ridiculous.
phil

Yeah, there are some really nice guys in my church. I need to check out some singles group. I'm a really shy person, and my last relationship was such a disaster, so it's scary.

Right, it sounds like it from the post above! That's really gotta be hard. I hate men sometimes for the way they treat women. Some men just aren't worth it. I really am sorry that you had to deal with all that and I'm glad you are out of that relationship! Believe you me, there are guys who love the shy or quieter type. But i know right now it sucks. :hug:

verte76 said:
Yeah, there are some really nice guys in my church. I need to check out some singles group. I'm a really shy person, and my last relationship was such a disaster, so it's scary.

:hug: I understand where you're coming from, hon. I'm sorry it had to happen to you, you're a wonderful person. I've had the experience of abusive relationships. It's been hard for me to trust again...

Back
Top Bottom