I'm in a state of emotional deprivation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I wasn't sure where to post this. I mostly just need to rant...but I think it probably belongs here

I am drained

I just finished watching Dancer in the Dark by myself. A beautifully depressing film starring Bjork. Seriously...the movie is very very good but mortally deoressing. I can't remember ever crying this hard for any other movie. I just watched Dancer in the Dark
starring Bjork

and I find that when I am in such a state I like to perpetuate the saddness by putting on sad music and thinking about life and lonliness. So I put on Lonesome Tears (Beck)

It feels good to get it all out though...I don't think I've wept like this for a good year.

ahhh...life is so full of different and weird experiences. What an odd existance...it's all so very odd; emotions and music and life...how they all interconnect.
Last night I was very high, I must confess. I was lying on the floor at a friends with my head up against the stereo listening to Sigur Ros (). At that moment the music wasn't making me sad...but I was in a state of bliss.
Then it came to my mind that someday I will feel like this all the time and I won't need to be on anything or drinking anything. Someday life will be like a blissful song.

anyway....I suppose I am in a ranting mood.
later

worried.gif
depressed.gif

I don't want to worry about you. Life has it's ups and downs. (To use a cliche.) Please don't learn to depend on alcohol and chemicals to make you happy. You are a good, funny, nice, talented person. You have friends who do care about you. And don't you forget it!

I worry about you, Kirk. At least you seem to believe that there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel though. Don't forget that.

You are a finer person than you give yourself credit for.

Basstrap said:
I wasn't sure where to post this. I mostly just need to rant...but I think it probably belongs here

I am drained

I just finished watching Dancer in the Dark by myself. A beautifully depressing film starring Bjork. Seriously...the movie is very very good but mortally deoressing. I can't remember ever crying this hard for any other movie. I just watched Dancer in the Dark
starring Bjork

and I find that when I am in such a state I like to perpetuate the saddness by putting on sad music and thinking about life and lonliness. So I put on Lonesome Tears (Beck)

It feels good to get it all out though...I don't think I've wept like this for a good year.

ahhh...life is so full of different and weird experiences. What an odd existance...it's all so very odd; emotions and music and life...how they all interconnect.
Last night I was very high, I must confess. I was lying on the floor at a friends with my head up against the stereo listening to Sigur Ros (). At that moment the music wasn't making me sad...but I was in a state of bliss.
Then it came to my mind that someday I will feel like this all the time and I won't need to be on anything or drinking anything. Someday life will be like a blissful song.

anyway....I suppose I am in a ranting mood.
later

Good GOD man!! Why don't you just load the gun yerself?! Dancer AND Sea Change? My :heart: goes out to ya ol chap! Now go watch "Swingers!"

tanks fer da hugs :hug:

sometimes I'm afraid that I depend on a non-sober state of mind to have fun - that's part of the reason why I stayed in tonight and relaxed.

as far as that movie goes...you all have to go watch it!! watch it alone if you're a sucker for punishment like me - if you are one of these lucky ones with a b/f or g/f watch it with them cos you're gonna need to have something to hold on to during the last half of the movie (just so brutally sad)

Ooh...at least you have great taste in films and CDs...lol. I love "Dancer in the Dark." Crash, bang, boom, blang...or whatever. :sexywink:

Don't know your overall tastes in films, but if you want something that might totally blow your mind, try Krzysztof Kieslowski's "Three Colors" trilogy--"Blue," "White," and "Red." Something to make you immensely sad, happy, and chilled all the same time. That is, if you don't mind reading subtitles...

Melon

Last edited:
Lemon Meringue said:
worried.gif
depressed.gif

I don't want to worry about you. Life has it's ups and downs. (To use a cliche.) Please don't learn to depend on alcohol and chemicals to make you happy. You are a good, funny, nice, talented person. You have friends who do care about you. And don't you forget it!

:hug: kirk :hug:

I care about you too...please take care of yourself!

I'll check out that film, Melon, though I'm thinking it'll be hard to find. I've also been wanting to see Schizopolis...I've heard it really messes with ones mind

[tough love]

Kirk. I just dont get it. The only thing i see wrong with you is your new dependency on chemicals. :angry:

Other than that, your a great guy, if I've said it once i've said it a thousand times. When will you believe it? And if its a G/f your seeking, your not gonna find her hopped up on that stuff all the time.

Nonetheless, Youre in my prayers, as always. :hug: It truly does hurt me to see you this way. Youve got such an amazing heart and soul.

[/tough love]

Last edited:
I agree with Ali Rose.

Kirk, you really ARE an absolutely WONDERFUL guy. Any girl would be extremely luck to have you. :)

*embarressed*
well...thanks gals...
I don't really know what else to say :hug:

Tiffany...I know that you of all people must see this movie being the huge bjork fan you are!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom