I'm Growing Soybeans...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
...in my room. I grabbed a pot and planted them.

I miss seeing them. Over the years, growing up around them, I've missed seeing them...lol.

Melon

a good friend of mine grew up on a commune and her parents used to grow "soybeans" in the greenhouse ... only they called it "Egyptian thyme" whenever the grandparents would come over ...

Yes, they're really soybeans, not a code-name for something more elicit. :sexywink:

I guess after being in a family that has six generations of farmers, you can't help but have a little fascination with some plants that others will take for granted.

Melon

I'm probably going to inbreed them over many, many generations over the years and see if I can create something new. :sexywink:

Melon

careful though... you could end up creating a man-eating-super-mutant soybean which would then spread its genes to the regular beans and bring our existence to a bitter end:yikes:

Or maybe I can develop a strain of super-fertile soybeans and end world hunger. :hmm:

Melon

I think lightly salted, warm edamame (soybeans right from the pod) is the most perfect food in the world :drool:

Bono's American Wife said:
I think lightly salted, warm edamame (soybeans right from the pod) is the most perfect food in the world :drool:

Allow me to express my thoughts on this too.

:drool:

melon said:
I'm probably going to inbreed them over many, many generations over the years and see if I can create something new. :sexywink:

Melon

ive got one word for you

soybacco

:lol: martha

My dad was a farmer and had a thing for soybeans way back when the poor soybean was quite misunderstood. Everyone thought he was kind of a freak. Which of course he was. But the man did love growing his soybeans.

I love soybeans. Korean stores tend to have really good (dry) soybeans, in many flavours.

Interesting plant to choose to grow there Melon. Do you eat soy? However, I always applaud indoor farming ;-)

Unfermented soy is one of the most dangerous and unhealthy foods to man.

I like soybeans, because of their versatility. How can you dislike a plant that can be everything from fake meat to fuel? :wink:

Melon

Back
Top Bottom