i'm dodging phone calls to go into work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
i'm a nanny for 3 kids.

sometimes when i get off work i want to rip my ovaries out to ensure that i will never have children.

the mom calls me when she needs me - so they basically have me on call 24 hours a day.

they also owe me a weeks worth of backpay AND money cos i did their grocery shopping and had to pay for it cos they didn't have cash to give me.

so yesterday and today i've been not answering the phone.

i'll call her later today no doubt.

is it bad of me to be ditching the calls?

probably.

i worked for some guy who did carpet cleaning. he owes me 3 weeks of backpay. i quit, and threatened to take him to the labor board. he said, bring it on. court's in 13 days.

lilly, they are so wrong for not paying you. hope you find another job.

:hug:

and you are definitely justified.

i'd LOVE to find a different job.

but i only have 2 more weeks that i can work here.

so i basically HAVE to put up with this shit until then.

i think you're perfectly right to guard your private life. if you were in an office job and someone called while you weren't at work, you wouldn't return their call until you were back on the clock, as it were. i think it's comparable.

Re: evil, yes, very very evil

Lilly said:

so i'm justified in not calling back?

aye aye matey

arrrrrrrrrrrr MVD's sig's a pirate!

:shifty: uhm....i mean YES.

I sometimes avoid answering the phone on my day off because my work have called me *so* many times to ask me to work my day off.

So I say you're totally justified in not returning the calls. :wink:

I don't understand how people can treat nannies and housekeepers like they are personal servants at their beck and call 24 hours a day. Asking you to pay for groceries was incredibly rude and there is no excuse for not paying you back immediately.

I wouldn't go back to work for them until they give your back pay and the grocery money. Let them watch their own kids and run their own errands for a few days and see how they like it.

I've never used a nanny but when I had a housekeeper, I felt so guilty about someone else cleaning my house, I gave her an extra $20 a week above what her agency was paying her :reject:

Maybe I'm too much of a softy but I just think domestic help should be treated with respect and not taken advantage of.

Back
Top Bottom